Code Element by GarageKid
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Killer in Kadic Part 1

 

Yumi and Kiba walked to the grounds of Kadic like they normally did, see the others, greeting the, bell rings, off to class. The normal routine for the group with maybe a Xana attack, but that wasn’t the case. Kiba and Yumi headed off to the science building for their class as the others went in another direction.

“How troublesome, Xana decides to go on holiday as we have a huge test.” Kiba said leaning back.

“Aniki, you really need to lighten up, after all, we only get a break so rarely.” Yumi said as Kiba looked at her.

“Good point.” Kiba agreed as the teacher walked in and passed out the tests.

As school ended, man was it a boring day at Kadic, basic element training, Jim didn’t even get hurt this time, and basic everything, it was way to normal of a day.

“What a drag.” Kiba said as they headed to the dorms.

“Well, what did you get for number 4 on the History test?” Yumi asked.

“You guys had a history and science test today? I solute you.” Odd said.

“I got B. the year in with the Attack on Pearl Harbor was 1942.” Kiba said.

“Same here.” Yumi agreed.

“What about question 10?” Kiba asked in their boring conversation. Yumi sighed seeming to admit to how boring it was.

“I got D. During WWII The Jews where transported to Sweden as the captains of the ships used special clothes containing chemicals that temporarily paralyzed the sense of smell of the soldier’s dogs.”

“I got E. This is a drag!” Kiba said. All of a sudden, a blood curtailing scream could be heard. The gang raced out of the room down the stars to what was the teachers’ lounge. Mrs. Hurtz lie bloody, dead, on the ground. As the group walked through the door, they all froze at the site. Kiba turned his head to the letters written in blood on the wall.

Kadic High, You are all going to DIE

“Kadic High…..You are….all Going…to…..Die.” Kiba read in a frozen tone. Soon a huge crowd of Students where in the Teachers’ lounge.

“Aelita and I are going to see if Xana is behind this.” Jeremie said as he and Aelita raced to the computer room where Jeremie had left his laptop because he was downloading a song for Odd that Odd wanted him to Email to him. Ulrich looked over to Yumi, her face very pale at the sight, an uneasy feeling in her stomach. Kiba looked over at the group of students.

“Alright, everyone evacuate the school.” Kiba said sternly, as the group got to the doors they where locked.

“I don’t want to die!” Milly cried.

“Hiroki.” Yumi whispered. Kiba seemed to know what she said.

“Yumi! Kiba!” Hiroki’s voice yelled as he and his friend Johnny came running over. The power went out, but it was still evening, so they could see. As footsteps seemed to be running at them, Kiba got prepared. The students saw a White thing fly into the air, and landing on Yumi, licking her face, the white thing was a huge white dog.

“Akamaru!” Yumi yelled pushing the big dog off.

“He scared us all half to death.” Emilie said as Akamaru wagged his tail happily.

“How’d he get here?” Kiba asked.

“Who knows?” Yumi asked as she stood up. “All that maters is finding a way out before we all end up like Mrs. Hurtz. And I also have a feeling dad’s gonna be drinking after this event.” Kiba nodded sadly at the thought of their dad going back to drinking.

“DADDY!” Sissi Yelled out of pure fear.

“Sissi, calm down.” Yumi said sternly. Sissi turned to her. “If you want to make it out alive, your stop complaining and get focused on the problem we already have.” Ulrich could tell Yumi’s inner leadership instincts where kicking in.

“She’s right nobody panic, that will only make things much worse.” Kiba said. “First off, someone is killing, and as it said, they want to kill all of Kadic, but who would want to do that?”

“A drunk psycho.” Yumi answered and she did have a point. “Or someone who wanted something from killing. Money, riches, drugs.”

“The second one was more realistic.” Emilie said.

“But why would they start with Mrs. Hurtz? Wouldn’t they hold a hostage?” Theo asked.

“Look around, we are the hostages here.” Yumi said. “The best thing was can do is find a way out, of find what the person wants.”

“Maybe we should head towards the roof?” Herb suggested.

“That would be a way out.” Kiba said. “Alright lets go.” Kiba said as the large group started up the stair case.

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

The sound seemed to be getting closer, all or a sudden, Yumi could see a small corpse hanging from a rope Yumi froze up before taking another step, seeing as everyone else stopped dead in their tracks. Yumi could only hear the sound of her own heart beat faster and faster. She finally saw what, who was hanging and turned to face the others, mainly Odd. It was too dark for the others to see.

“Um, Odd, you might not want to see this.” Yumi warned.

“Why not?” Odd asked in a nervous voice.

“Well, lets just say the killer’s not fond of dogs.” Yumi said. Odd froze realizing what she was talking about.

“KIWI!” Odd yelled running up to the corpse, Kiba flashed his flashlight he had in his back pack, it was Kiwi.

“He’s not dead.” Kiba said. “Just Petrified.” Odd looked at Kiwi’s bloody body. Ulrich could have sworn he saw something move as his head jerked following the sight.

“What’s this?” Yumi asked pulling a piece of paper out of Kiwi’s collar and opening it up, it was a note written in blood. Yumi read it out loud: “What’s this a dog in the dorms of Kadic? No surprise there. My next target is human, black hair. That’s All I will tell you.”

“Black hair?” Kiba asked. “You, me, Sissi, and Herb have black hair.”

“Is that suppose to make anyone feel better?” Yumi asked.

“Well, this guy must me very smart to have known when everyone would be in the dorms.” Ulrich said. Kiba nodded.

“I can’t die, I just can’t!” Sissi yelled in fear. “I’m to young and beautiful.”

“Like I didn’t know that was coming.” Emilie said rolling her eyes. “How can we even believe what he says?” All of a sudden, Herb went flying back words down the stairs. An Arrow had gone through him.

“HERB!” Sissi Screamed at the thought of loosing him, even though he was a pain. But it was too late, he was dead. Kiba picked up the note near the arrow and read it out loud.

“Stop trying to find a way out, there is none, and aren’t you missing a blonde and a pink? Well, better hope they aren’t dead. My next target will be young.” Kiba said. Yumi looked down at Hiroki.

“How is he doing this, attacking us from different sides in less then seconds?” Theo asked.

“Their might not be only one.” Yumi said. Hiroki noticed Akamaru strayed a little from the others, so he walked a few steps toward him. All of a sudden Kunai started coming at him, Yumi seeing he strayed from the pack pushed him out of the way.

“Are you two ok?” Kiba asked.

“Yeah.” Yumi said.

“He missed, lousy shot.” Kiba said. Yumi helped Hiroki up and looked over at Kiba.

“I wouldn’t talk if I where you and we have a bigger problem, where are Jeremie and Aelita?” Yumi asked with a worried face.

“We need to find them.” Odd said.

“Wait a minute, how do we know Aelita and Jeremie aren’t the killers?” Ray asked.

“First off, Jeremie has a lousy track record, second, Aelita wouldn’t hurt a fly, and third, You’re a moron.” Yumi said angrily and then held Akamaru by the collar to keep him from running off.

“It’s she hot when she’s hot?” Ray asked Clay with Ulrich too close.

“Back off!” Ulrich said. “Only in your dreams.”

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]