Super Nuclear by Rudger
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Swearing and graphic violence in later chapters.
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter 1

An All Around Bad Day

 

    "Laser Arrow!" screams Odd as he completes a backwards handspring. Two arrows fly from his wrists. One connects dead center with a hornet and the other flies by the second hornet millimeters from its intended target. "Why are X.A.N.A.s monsters still here?" he asks while avoiding a barrage of lasers "He left the supercomputer a week ago."

    "It seems to me that he realized we could stop his attacks by activating towers, and also that we could possibly free Franz from the computer. He must have left them to stop us." says a voice from the inky black sky above the Ice Sector. "Look out Odd you lost another 10 points, your down to 70."

    "Easy enough for you to say Einstein. You're not battling monsters down here." Odd says, his voice sounding agitated from the amount of hornets he was fighting.

    "Jeremie I need help here, there are too many to fight."

    "I am sending down the Overboard but I need a minute." Jeremie says hurriedly and a flurry of keystrokes can be heard in the background.

    Continuing to battle while slowly losing ground Odd destroys another hornet only to see it replaced by two more. "I don't have a minute Jer-" his words are cut short as he finds the ground to be not there and starts falling. "Whoooooaaaaa" was all he gets out before he starts to see a wire frame begin to materialize itself far below him.

    Not a second passes after being materialized when a purple blur smacks into the Overboard with a loud "OOF."

    An audible sigh of releif is heard all through lyoko.

    "Nice timing Einstein" Odd says, not wasting a second of time he gets up, slams his foot down on the rear of the board sending it vertical and grabs onto the sides of it pushing the thrusters for all their worth to rocket him up and above the floating landscape. "I won't take you for granted again."

    "I figured you wouldn't." Jeremie says adjusting his headset which had slipped off his head while he was sweating buckets to try to virtualize the vehicle. "All right Odd, enough fun and games I need you in the Forest Sector pronto."

    "Aww man, it was just getting fun." Odd complains, easily avoiding the lasers directed towards him now that he had his board. "What do you need me there for anyways?"

    "Thats where the others are, and I am sending Aelita to Sector 5 to see if we can locate Franz. We don't know what X.A.N.A. left for us to handle." he tells Odd as he watches him head for the passage tower. "We need everyone on this mission."

    "Alright I'm on my way" he says as he heads to the passage tower. Taking the momentary silence to compose himself, Odd asks "Hey Einstein, did you find out who this new kid is that's coming to school?"

    "No, but I found out that he is 17, and he moved here from America."

    Odd pauses for a moment. "17! What's he going to our school for?"

    "Apparently when he moved here with his family he had been going to a public school and his education was so lacking that he had to come back to the seventh grade!"

    "Wow! That sucks! I would kill myself if I was sent back that far in school."

    "Well try not to make fun of him too much Ok Odd? we don't need that kind of trouble."

    "I wouldn't think of it. Thats not even funny. It's sad."

    "Yeah, well just get a move on Odd. You're wasting time."

    "Alright, jeeze. I'm going." He says as he dissapears inside the tower. When he emerges from the tower in the Forest Sector he finds Aelita waiting for him. "Hi princess" he says as he hops off the board. "Where is everyone else?"

    "They're waiting at the transporter" says Jeremie's voice, answering for Aelita.

    "OK. Hop on princess, we need to get moving." She just smiles at him and runs off behind a tree. "Hey wait." he says hurrying after her. When he gets to the tree a pink blur flies out from behind it and stops a few feet off the ground. The pink blur is actually Aelita and she is riding on her own pink Overboard. "When did Einstein give you that?" Odd wonders amazed at the new board.

    "Today." she says looking positively ecstatic over her new vehicle. "He finally had time to finish it since we haven't dealt with X.A.N.A. in a while."

    "Alright then, I'll race you to the others!" He says jumping on his board.

    "You're on." she replies

    "Their due west at the edge of the sector" Jeremie states

    "On your marks," He says

    Odd and Aelita are lined up. they glare at each other.

    "Get set,"

    They adjust themselves on their boards

    "GO!"

    They take off weaving through the forest.

    Odd is giving it his all. Twisting and turning through trees, pushing himself to the limit. He takes a second to look at Aelita who looks perfectly fine like she did this every day. He gets closer to her.

    "Whats the matter she mocks. Can't keep up?" she says not even looking where she is going.

    "I'm just getting warmed up." he says trying to sound like he is in complete control.

    "OK have it your way." she laughs and leans forward a little suddenly her thrusters glow brilliantly white and she dissapears out of veiw in a matter of seconds.

    "Wha-" says Odd and not paying attention crashes into a tree."No way!"

    "I should have told you that hers is far superior to yours, but I wanted to see you dumbfounded" Jeremie says stifeling a laugh.

    "Why I oughta..." he says feeling miserable for losing.

    "Just hurry up I don't want to have to return to the past so lets try to get this over with." Jeremie said back to his normal "in charge" voice.

    Odd arrives without incident. Though he isn't hurt from hitting the tree his pride is ripped to shreds. Thankfully no one says anything about it when he found them. "Let's go already."

    "Alright. S-C-I-P-I-O" Jeremie says as he puts in the code. As the transporter comes' down it suddenly turns scarlet red and speeds toward the group. Yumi and Ulrich are devirtualized instantly as it collides with them. As the transporter-turned-evil comes around for another attack, Odd jumps in front of Aelita crossed his arms in the air and shouts "SHEILD!" Instantaniously, a purple energy sheild raises in front of them and blocks the attack.

    "GO, NOW" Odd shouts, and without question Aelita grabs her board and takes off to the nearest tower while the orb smacks Odd back into the real world.

    Yumi and Ulrich are waiting when Odd tumbles out of the scanner. "What the hell happened!" Ulrich says, losing his calm. Odd shrugs. Jeremie comes down from the computer room a minute later holding his head in thought.

    "I dont know what happened. I entered the code as I always have and it just went crazy. Lines of code started scolling all over the screen and then it attacked you and-"

    "Its okay Jeremie, everyones ok so there's no problems" Odd cuts in.

    "I just dont get it. How could X.A.N.A. have done that to the transporter before he left without us knowing." Yumi says.

    "We'll figure it out later." Ulrich says and turns towards the scanner as it opens. Aelita steps out of the scanner.

    "Are you ok Aelita?" Jeremie says rushing over to her.


    She nodds "Yes thanks to the new overboard, I got away from it."


    "Right. Lets get back to school then. It's a weekend so we can take the streets back instead of the filthy sewer." Jeremie says, as they walk to the elevator. They all agree.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]