Super Nuclear by Rudger
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Chapter 2

"The Principles Daughter"


A couple of miles away an old, but nice looking Red Ford F150 lumbers down the streets of France. It seems quite out of place among the euro-cars and taxis with its brilliantly red paint job obnoxiously loud straightpipes and a whining turbo. Even though the driver can't be seen through the glare in the windshield, it seems more than obvious that they are looking for something. Despite the appearance of the truck, which would send people the message that this guy was a jerk, it stops every few hundred feet to allow someone to cross the road and giving a friendly wave out of the drivers side window to the pedestrians who were staring at the source of the noise.

P.O.V. Change 1st person

As I roll down these old streets, I wish for once that my truck was silent so I could enjoy the beautiful sites of this city in peace. Perhaps I will take a walk through here when I get settled down. Maybe tomorrow, Sunday is always a nice day to take a walk.

Down the road a bit, I spot a girl and two boys waiting to cross the street. They seem to be around thirteen. Maybe they can help me find what I am looking for. I stop to allow them to pass. The girl is dressed in a pink short sleeve belly shirt with a yellow heart on the front, a short dark pink skirt over maroon pants and has a yellow hair band holding her hair straight back except for two small strands in front of each ear. She might be a nice looking girl if it weren't for the fact that she seemed to have worn a sour look for most of her life and the fact that she hung out with these two obvious social outcasts.

The first boy looked like a nerd from 500 feet away and looked even more so when right in front of him. He wore a green sweater and plain brown pants and seemed to have a severe case of acne. If I had to guess, he must be the one who does her homework. The second boy was wearing a blue shirt with a number 8 on the front and way-to-short short shorts. He seemed to have no expression at all on his face but when he looked at me I could tell he was a complete moron.

Well here goes nothin'.

"Excuse me, Miss?" I call out trying to get her attention as politely as I could. She hears me and is coming over to the window.

"Yes what do you want?" she says as if she has hated me forever.

"Sorry to bother you, but it seems that I am lost. I am trying to locate Kadic Academy."

"Why on earth do you want to go there?" she asks like she is the queen of the universe or something.

"I am a new student there. I moved here from America."

"Well I'll have you know I rule that school. My daddy is the principal so you had better watch yourself."

"I will be sure to do that." I say losing my overly polite attitude. "That is if someone can tell me how to get there."

"Why don't you ask someone who cares! C'mon herb and Nicholas, we're out of here." She says and storms across the street. 'Herb' as she called him decides to be a tough guy and goes to kick out my headlight. Just before he makes contact I drop the truck into neutral and gun the engine into the red zone. The noise created is so loud that several people up and down the street have to cover their ears. Herb gets so scared that he falls over, gets up and runs away.

I have to get out of here because there is no way that was legal. I put it in drive and peel away, weaving through the streets until I am a good distance from the site. I slow down and continue my search for my new school.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]