Power of Love by GarageKid
[Reviews - 5]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I DO NOT OWN CODE LYOKO!!!!

“Ok guys, great job. I’m bringing you in.” Jeremie said through the headset. It was their last Lyoko mission, Franz Hopper and William where brought back to earth and they decided on one last mission.

“Materialization Aelita, Materialization Ulrich, Materialization Odd.” Jeremie said as the three appeared in the scanners. “OK, Materialization Yumi.” A pop up on the screen with a red symbol on it.

“Oh no! Yumi?” Jeremie asked as Yumi stepped out of the scanner.

“Yeah Jeremie?” She asked confused.

“What’s wrong Einstein? She’s Ok.” Odd pointed out. Ulrich and Aelita looked over at Yumi.

“Do you feel OK Yumi?” Aelita asked.

“Yeah, I feel fine.” Yumi said as Jeremie’s voice came up on the speaker.

“The scanner picked up something; can you step back into the scanner for me to do a scan Yumi?” Jeremie asked.

“Ok?” Yumi said confused she stepped back in as the door closed. She could feel herself being lifted up and scanned by the machine. Soon she felt her feet returning to ground level and the doors opening to reveal worried looks from Ulrich, Odd, and Aelita. Jeremie’s voice came back on the speakers.

“The scans picked up some type of virus. I don’t know what it is, but I’ll work on it.” Jeremie said.

“Are you sure you feel OK Yumi?” Aelita asked looked at her Japanese friend.

“Just tired, but then again this was a late mission.” Yumi said. Ulrich looked at his watch to see that it read, 10:30 pm. Which meant Yumi was going to be in trouble with her parents if she was caught. Yumi yawned, catching Ulrich attention.

“Want me to walk you home?” Ulrich asked.

“Ok.” Yumi said. She would give made a more excited attempt if she wasn’t so tired. Ulrich nodded and pressed the button on the elevator sending it down to them, Ulrich was first to enter followed by Yumi. As they reached the bridge Yumi looked like she was going to collapse and sleep on the bridge.

“Hey you OK?” Ulrich asked.

“Just tired.” Yumi said. All of a sudden a rush of pain went through her head, since she was already tired and now tired and in pain, her body was ready to go down.

“Yumi?” Ulrich questioned as he saw her hand go up to her head. She felt her knees buckle underneath her, loosing her balance. “YUMI!” Ulrich’s voice was alarmed as he caught her in his arms. “Yumi?” Ulrich asked before finding out she had lost conciseness.

*** Morning ***

Yumi woke up and looked around. It took her a while to realize she wasn’t in her room. She looked around at the Silat posters. She also noticed she was under the covers of the bed with Kiwi sleeping soundly on her stomach. Questions filled her head until the events of the night before. She heard the door open.

“Yumi? You awake?” Ulrich asked stepping through the door his emerald eyes looked at her with concern.

“Yeah fine.” Yumi said sitting up. Ulrich sat next to her.

“Are you sure?” Ulrich said. “You look pale.”

“I’m fine Ulrich, really I am. But more importantly what am I doing here?” Yumi asked.

“I carried you here after you fainted, we all weren’t thinking straight but Odd suggested that Aelita call your mom and tell her you where helping her with a project and you slept here.” Ulrich said.

“Where did you sleep?” Yumi asked knowing she was on Ulrich’s bed.

“I slept on the floor.” Ulrich said. “And Kiwi slept with you.”

“What about classes?” Yumi asked.

“I think you should skip first period, you look pale and tired to me.” Ulrich said pushing her by her shoulders into a laying position. “Get some sleep Aelita dropped off your change of clothes, their in the closet. I had to hid them there from Jim.”

“Ok.” Yumi said closing her eyes. Sleep came easy for her.

*** First Period- Math ***

“How’s Yumi?” Aelita asked.

“She’s fine. She woke up and talked for a little bit before falling back asleep.” Ulrich said.

“Did you tell her about you getting in bed with her?” Odd asked with a grin.

“Odd it was only for a few seconds while Jim came to check on us.” Ulrich said turning red. It was true he had to get in his bed when Jim came to check on him. He was able to hid Yumi by pushing to close to the wall and turning to face her keeping her close so Jim never noticed. He stared at the chalkboard as the class went on.

*** Ulrich and Odd’s Dorm ***

Yumi woke up again noticing Kiwi had moved to her chest and was looking down at her.

“Ulrich never said I had to wait for him to go to class did he boy?” Yumi asked sitting up and scratching Kiwi’s ears. “I’ll leave him a note, change, and go to gym.” Kiwi looked up at her. “I guess I won’t get you to fetch my bag will I.” Yumi stood up went to the closet and took out her bag. She changed quickly in case anyone was coming. She scribbled a note for Ulrich and left it on the desk as she picked up her backpack she had left in the factory the night before, thinking Aelita must have brought it in case Yumi was going to her classes.

“Be good Kiwi.” Yumi said as she went out the door and headed for gym, her class was scheduled to go to the pool.

*** Ulrich and Odd’s Dorm after Third Period. ***

Ulrich opened the door to see Yumi gone.

“Yumi?” Ulrich called as he spotted the note on the desk.

Ulrich,

Feeling better. Went back to class, see you later.

Yumi

Ulrich’s cell phone rang while the caller ID came up “JEREMIE’

“Hello?” Ulrich said.

Ulrich, where’s Yumi? Is she with you?”

“No why?”

“Find her the virus XANA hit her with is starting to root judging my stats. She might pass out again.”

“Oh no! I think she headed to the pool!”

“You have to find her! She could be in trouble!”

“Ok Jeremie, I’ll call you when I find her.” Ulrich hung up the phone and hurried to the pool.

*** Pool ***

Jim had called the students to get out of the water and change. Yumi was falling behind and swam slowly through the deep end of the pool to the latter where she could climb out. She was half way there before a shot of pain went through her head.

Damn! Not here, not now!

Yumi’s legs weakened she couldn’t stop herself from going under and she lost all control over her body, as soon as she realized she needed to go back up for air, it was took late, her head hurt and made it impossible for her to gain control, all she would do was watch as she went deeper into the eight foot deep pool until darkness surrounded her.

Ulrich walked down the hall, noticing Yumi’s class, but no Yumi come out from the pool. He hurried over into the area.

“Yumi!” He called. He looked around until a dark thought hit him, if the pain got to her, and she went under. Without thinking he took off his jacket and shirt since the pool area was empty, he pulled off his shoes and socks and jumped in. the first thing he saw was his nightmare come to life, Yumi was laying at the bottom of the pool, he swam down and wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her up. His lungs hurt from the lack of air as he pushed off the bottom of the pool with his feet to gain full speed and broke through he pulled Yumi’s head above water hoping she wouldn’t make him do what he thought he had to do.

“Yumi! Are you OK?! Answer me!” Ulrich pleaded. He pulled up out of the water and laid Yumi on the concrete floor. “Yumi, please.” Ulrich begged. Finding out what he was going to have to save her life. “Alright, you win, but only because it’s you.” Ulrich said tilting Yumi’s head back, like he had learned in health, pinching her nose, taking a breath and moving toward her mouth hoping she would wake up. This wasn’t how he pictured lip locking with Yumi, but it had to be done to save her live. The first time he hoped no one was watching as he went back up and continued to help Yumi breath it two more times before he heard Yumi coughing and sitting up.

“YUMI!” He yelled happily giving her a bear hug. She was still coughing but all he cared about was her being alive. “You scared me!” He wasn’t ready to tell her he had to do mouth to mouth on her, yet. He only wanted to make sure she was alive.

“Ulrich?” She managed to question through coughs.

“Don’t talk, rest.” he said wanting her to use as little strength as possible. She stopped coughing, but was still breathing heavily. “Get changed, I’ll meet you here in five minutes.” Yumi nodded a yes and walked toward the girls’ changing room while Ulrich walk to the boys’ changing room where he could change out of his wet pants. As he walked back, he noticed Yumi has changed into her normal outfit, but was using the wall for support. He hurried over to her.

“Yumi?” Ulrich asked as he wrapped her arm around his neck with his arm wrapped around her waist as he helped her walk back to his dorm, where this time he was going to keep an eye on her. As they reached his dorm, Ulrich laid her on the bed and pulled the blankets over her. Her brown eyes looked back up at him as though she was apologizing for running off like she had done. He noticed her shiver.

“Your in shock.” Ulrich said as she let her eyes close. He went through the closet and pulled out a bottle of oily liquid. “Franz did say this would help if someone was in shock.” Ulrich said getting Yumi to open her mouth he squeezed two drops of the oil under her tongue like Franz had said because he thought that if you where in shock, you would be an easy target for XANA which is why Franz had made sure the rooms had this special oil in it so it would calm them down. The good part was it wasn’t a drug and it calmed you down.

“Rest.” Ulrich said sitting on the floor. His phone rang. “Hello?”

“Ulrich, did you find Yumi?”

“Yeah she’s with me Jeremie, what’s up.”

“XANA launched an attack, I sent Odd and Aelita to Lyoko. You stay with Yumi and call me when her condition changes.”

“OK Jeremie.” Ulrich said hanging up the phone and looked back at Yumi who sat up. “Lay down and rest.” He told her sternly as she laid back down. Too tired to argue. Ulrich laid his hand on her forehead. “Your gonna be alright.” He promised her. His cell rang with a text.

Change of plans. Head to the factory and bring Yumi w/ U. XANA might try to attack you two if your there.

“We’re going to the factory.” Ulrich said as Yumi forced herself up. “Get on.” Ulrich said with her back to her.

“You’ve got to be kidding.” Yumi said as Ulrich slid backwards knocking her on his back.

“Hang on.” Ulrich said running toward the passage to the sewers.

“You know, I can walk on my own.” Yumi protested.

“I can’t have you passing out, we’re almost there.” Ulrich said opening the door and heading down the stairs and through the sewer.

*** Factory ***

Ulrich kept Yumi on his back while they rode up the elevator.

“Put me down.” Yumi said just about having enough of the little adventure. Ulrich obeyed and let her feet drop to the floor. “Thanks, no offence.”

“None taken.” Ulrich said as the doors opened to reveal Jeremie on the computer.

“Ulrich head to the scanners, Yumi stay here.” Jeremie said as Yumi walked over while Ulrich headed down to the scanner room.

“What do you mean ‘Yumi stay here’?” Yumi asked.

“I can’t have you getting in the way with the virus of yours.” Jeremie said.

“But Odd barely has any life points left! If I don’t go They could get in trouble.” Yumi protested.

“Transfer Ulrich, Scanner Ulrich, Virtualization.” Jeremie said as Odd was devitalized.

“Jeremie are you listening to me?!” Yumi said.

“Yes I heard you, but Ulrich can take care of it.” Jeremie said as the mega tanks went after Ulrich and Aelita. Odd came up to the computer room.

“Yumi? Shouldn’t you be in Lyoko?” Odd asked.

“Jeremie thinks I’ll get in the way with this ‘virus or mine’ well do you really think Ulrich can take on five mega tanks on his own?” Yumi asked.

“And you think he can’t.” Jeremie pointed out.

“Jeremie she has a point, Ulrich’s good, but he can’t take on five at the same time and protect Aelita until she wakes up from that fall.” Odd said.

“What fall?” Yumi asked.

“Odd’s idea.” Jeremie said.

“Jeremie it’s either I go to Lyoko or YOU.” Yumi said.

“FINE! I’ll send you in, but if you pass out, don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Jeremie said as Yumi headed for the scanners. “Transfer Yumi, Scanner Yumi, virtualization.”

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]