Power of Love by GarageKid
[Reviews - 5]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Yumi’s Flash back-

“You have truly become my greatest friend” The Teen had said. “Too bad you must die.” His Katana flew through the air, but was easily blocked.

“Why are you hurting the people who love you?! Your own family!” Yumi had yelled.

“Because breaking bonds only makes you stronger.” He had said as he took another missed shot at her head.

“That isn’t the only way! You killed Koji! Your brother! DAMN IT! Your own brother! You killed him in some sick attempted to be stronger!” Yumi had yelled at the boy. He had murdered his own brother for shallow reasons.

“He was weak. And now you and your family are going to share the same faith.”

“NOT IF I CAN HELP IT!”

End Flash Back.

What had seemed so real, the fire, the anger, the rage, it all led up to one fight, Yumi and her family where some of the only ones who escaped.

“Ready to die?” A voice asked, it was him, the black hair and the cold snake-like eyes, Kenta. He had been so good, and now he was a killer.

“You’re the one going to die.” Yumi said as she ran forth and with a jump, she punched him dead in the face and pinned him to the ground. Kenta spit some of the blood that had been caught in his mouth at Yumi as the drop of blood landed on her cheek she flinched.

“You really have because more like me.” Kenta said.

“NEVER!” Yumi said pulling her arm back for another punch.

“Really? Making the first punch, breaking bonds, betraying your friends.”

“How do you know about my friends?!” Yumi asked.

“I know about XANA, he was the one who gave me the power to kill you and your family. You can kill me, but you’ll never stop out next greatest plan.” Kenta said lifting Yumi by her shirt and forcing her off him and held her two feet of the ground as he stood. As he let go, he let his fist come in dead contact with her stomach, forcing her to cough up blood. He reached for the Katana on her belt and pulled at the knot, allowing her Katana to fall as she hit a near by rock, she could feel blood run down her forehead.

“Stand and fight.” Kenta ordered as Yumi reached her feet. And flew a fast kick at Kenta’s head, which was easily avoided. Kenta allowed his fist to come down on her check. Yumi tried to stand up but was hit with a rock against her back. With her blade in reaching distance, Yumi slid the Katana out of the sheath.

“Drop dead!” Kenta yelled as he tried to jump down on her, but, without thinking she stuck the Katana in his way, and it went through his heart.

Kira!

The word went through Yumi’s mind. It was the Japanese word for killer. (As used in Death Note) She pushed the dead body of Kenta aside, she killed him. She really killed him.

“It was an accident.” Yumi told herself, she never meant to kill him, she merely wanted to scare him so he would leave her family alone. “I really am like him.” Yumi said. “I killed him and that makes me like him.” Something didn’t look right, somehow the Katana had no way of even touching his heart, Kenta had to have done something on his own so the Katana would hit the mark.

Faking his own death, he’s done that many times and has gotten away with it.

Yumi told herself, it was a fake death, he was trying to sike her out. She got up and headed back home, no point in staying with the supposing dead body.

*** The Next Day ***

Yumi headed to the school yard, tired from her battle the night before, Kenta’s body wasn’t where it was before and there where no reports, he had faked her out.

Kira!

The word still haunted Yumi as if she had killed him. Her head hurt from the endless hours of thinking alone in her room after she had checked her forehead for the cut that was made, a little cover up and the marks on her stomach, check, and forehead where gone. The others looked down and didn’t meet her gaze.

“Hi guys.” Yumi said trying to sound casual.

“Yumi, were where you last night! We almost lost the skid!” Jeremie sounded very angry and frustrated at her. “We lost half the skid’s memory! Do you have any idea how long it will take me before I can gather back all that memory?!”

“Even worse, our Skid pods are also damaged, Jeremie said it could take weeks before he can repair them!” Aelita yelled. “What was more important then helping your friends!”

“I had something personal to do.” Yumi said.

“Yeah sleep! We needed you, we trusted you to come to the factory to help!” Jeremie yelled.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” Yumi said.

“Apology NOT accepted!” Jeremie said. “That’s Betrayal! We need you and you let everyone down! You let XANA win this round! You gave him power! Why don’t you fall into the digital sea and help him other then us if your so willing to break the pact we all took to protect Lyoko!”

“Jeremie, that’s going too far.” Ulrich spoke up.

“No I’m not! Yumi, until I can fix the Skid Pods and Skid, your out of the group!”

Chapter End Notes:

I was thinking about the song "Just Like You" By Three Days Grace when I wrote the battle between Yumi and Kenta.

I was also thinking about the song "Appologize" When I wrote the last half.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]