Power of Love by GarageKid
[Reviews - 5]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

 The police searched.

The body of Kenta was found.

Kenta was dead.

Yumi was never found.

Ulrich looked out the window, how could it be? How could they not have found Yumi? She had to be alive, she had to, maybe she climbed out of the water. Ulrich searched for every possible reason he could to not think about Yumi being dead. She had to have climbed out.

They where all at the Ishiyama house hold while the police searched. Mrs. Ishiyama went for a walk a while ago, as she walked through the door her face was pale as if she had seen a ghost.

“I think I saw Yumi.” She said making everyone draw their attention to her.

“Where?” Mr. Ishiyama asked being the only one able to speak.

“Downtown, I was nearly ambushed by a gang member when all of a sudden he was attacked from behind, he dropped to the ground I looked to see who attacked him and all I could see was a dark figure that looked like Yumi.” Mrs. Ishiyama said.

“You think Yumi, attacked, no killed another human being for no good reason?” Jeremie asked.

“It looked like Yumi, weather or not the man was dead, I don’t know.” Mrs. Ishiyama said. “There was blood though, I thought he was killed, but I’m not sure.”

“Yumi would never kill anyone! Let alone with no good reason.” Aelita said. “Are you sure you saw Yumi? Our Yumi?”

“I’m almost positive.” Mrs. Ishiyama said. “The height, hair length, everything looked like Yumi.”

“I don’t get it.” Ulrich said. “Why didn’t she speak to you then?”

“I don’t know.” Mrs. Ishiyama said on the verge of crying.

“Maybe I should take a walk downtown tomorrow.” Ulrich said. “Just to make sure it was Yumi.”

“Ulrich, you’re a good kid, really you are.” Mrs. Ishiyama said as her way of saying thank you.

“If you want Ulrich, I’ll go with you.” Odd said.

“No, I’ll go alone, just in case.” Ulrich said. Odd nodded.

“When are you going?” Aelita asked.

“Maybe tonight, it’s not that late.” Ulrich said looking out the window at the dark sky. It was nine o’ clock at night.

“Are you sure?” Mrs. Ishiyama asked.

“Of course.” Ulrich said as he walked out.

The streets where crowded, Ulrich made his way into an ally where he was sure to find Yumi.

“YUMI!” Ulrich called. No answer. Ulrich knew he had to be careful, gangs where common in this part of town. He turned around to see someone standing at the beginning of the ally. It was too dark to make out the face or close.

“What are you doing here?” The voice said, so familiar, Ulrich thought.

“I’m looking for a friend.” Ulrich said.

“Dead by now. Your in Dingo territory, either leave, or I’ll kill you.”

“Dingo, that top gang.” Ulrich said. “Tell me what your doing for a gang like Dingo.”

“I’m an assassin. Killing is what I do, it’s what I’m good at.” The voice said. What kind of monster, Ulrich thought, would be proud to call themselves an assassin.

“Step into the light.” Ulrich said pointing to under a streetlight. “I want to see your face.”

“What should I?” The voice asked.

“Because I must know who you are.” Ulrich said. The figure shifted.

“If you turn out to be a spy for another gang, I will kill you.” The voice said as it stepped into the light. Ulrich’s mouth dropped, it was Yumi. It truly was.

“Yumi.” He murmured the name thinking it would ring a bell. “Yumi.” He said louder. She looked over her shoulder.

“Are you talking to me?” Yumi asked.

“Yes! That’s your name isn’t it?” Ulrich said. Yumi looked over at him.

“I don’t know.” Yumi said.

“How could you not know!?!” Ulrich asked.

“I only know what my leader wants me to know.” Yumi said.

“What have you become?” Ulrich asked under his breath. “What happened to you?”

“What’d you say? Speak up kid.” Yumi said.

“Nothing.” Ulrich said making his runaway. Yumi watched him go. Why does he seem so familiar? Yumi asked herself a dozen times. I think I know him.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]