99 Unexpected Victory (The End Trilogy, part 2) by 5CarthageRocks
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Chapter 7- Victory (10.01.07)

"There is no possible way we can get through this, Aelita."

As Yumi spoke those words, she knew she was admitting defeat. Whatever attack XANA was carrying out, it was major. They knew that for sure. It had been ten minutes, and Jeremie and Franz hadn't responded. Yumi just hoped XANA had spared their lives.

 

The monsters were continually firing at the Skid. It was too dangerous to separate the NavSkids and take the monsters on individually, when the NavSkid's autonomy could be terminated with one blast.

 

"I'm hacking into the supercomputer's radar from the Skid," Aelita said, punching buttons. An interface popped up in front of her. The Lyoko radar. As she scanned through the different areas on Lyoko, she knew the situation was bad. Very bad.

 

---

 

Jeremie and Franz were thrown off the platform. They both landed with a sickening crunch on the Factory floor.

 

Jeremie got up, in a daze. "Franz?" he said, hastily adjusting his glasses.

 

XANA's Army formed around them, completely circling them with no escape.

 

---

 

"Guys, we've got at least ten monsters surrounding every tower," Aelita said. "And the towers seem to have the same shield the Skid is reinforced with. When XANA attacked the Skid with the Scyphozoa while we were at the lake, it must have not only took power from the Skid, but copied its designs and defenses as well."

 

The Skid was flying through the Forest Sector, fleeing the monsters. The Skid had already lost 50% of its power.

 

"XANA could have even copied the NavSkid design for William's Rorkal," Ulrich said, shaking his head, not believing the situation they were in. Just a week ago, they had believed XANA to have been annihilated, with his last Replika destroyed. Now, they were completely cornered, with no other place to go except the Network, when they needed to deactivate the towers on Lyoko to stop XANA once and for all.

 

"So what do we do?" Odd asked. "Do we stay here and fight with all we've got? Or do we admit defeat and flee into the Network?" He spoke the itching question that was on all of their minds.

 

Aelita shook her head. "I don't know. If we really are going to admit defeat, we should die fighting. But if there's some hope, even something completely miniscule, but that's possible, why should we sacrifice ourselves when there's hope?"

 

"Can we take a vote?" Yumi asked.

 

"Of course. All in favor of staying here and fighting, say 'ay'."

 

"Ay," Odd and Yumi said.

 

"Ugh," Ulrich said, "it’s a tie."

 

Aelita sighed. "Guys, the Skid only has 5% power left. It will be gone in less than a minute. Do you guys trust me?"

 

"We do, Aelita," Yumi replied.

 

"Of course, Princess," Odd said.

 

"Why wouldn’t I trust you?" Ulrich asked nervously. "Aelita, what exactly do you plan on doing?"

 

"As I said before, you have to trust me. If this doesn't go well-"

 

"Uh…Ulrich?" Yumi said.

 

"Yeah, Yumi?"

 

"I…have something to tell you."

 

"I…erm…have something too."

 

"If we don't get out of this, just know that I never stopped liking you. I still love you."

 

"I do too, Yumi."

 

"Aww, the two lovebirds finally made up."

 

"Shut up, Odd."

 

"Okay," Aelita said, punching a few buttons. "Are you guys ready?"

 

"We all are," the three responded.

 

"Here we go."

 

A huge explosion rocketed the spot where the Skid floated in the Lyoko sky, destroying all the monsters within a ten-meter radius.

 

The light cleared. Where the Skid had been, there was nothing. Absolutely nothing.

 

William, still on his Manta, shouted and cheered his victory. The monsters joined in in their strange forms of communication.

 

---

 

Franz and Jeremie were being electrocuted. After ten minutes, the Xanafied mass of people stopped. Jeremie and Franz dropped to the floor. Neither one moved.

 

One person went up to feel their pulses. The person felt absolutely none. She turned around, and addressing her fellow minions, shouted, "Victory!"

 

The Xanafied mass cheered.

Chapter End Notes:
I have to say that my writing has improved a lot since I began Rebellion. Comparing it to this. >.>
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]