Summer Camp Is For the Dogs by GarageKid
[Reviews - 3]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Chapter 2- Riki and Yumi’s Bond

 

Yumi, Aelita, and Dani turned and headed for their cabin to unpack. As soon as they got there, Yumi unzipped the backpack as the Tora-Ge Akita Inu popped his puppy head out of the backpack.

“You took your dog with you?” Aelita asked.

“I couldn’t leave him home, so I brought him along.” Yumi said as the red and white furred pup (He really is in between a pup and a dog, I’ll call it a teenager stage.) The pup jumped out of the backpack. The pup had brown eyes and a black collar around his neck, the ‘Tora-Ge’ or Tiger Strips where three darker red strips on the pup’s back.

“What’s his name?” Dani asked unloading Wolf from the dog create. (I forgot in the last chapter to put who brought dog creates and cages, so just flow with it K?)

“Riki.” Yumi said. “He’s named after my great-grandfather’s dog.”

“Riki? I like it.” Aelita said. “My dad would never go for having a dog, he’s so busy he doesn’t want to put up with one, and me with schoolwork and everything, I wouldn’t have time either.” Aelita said. Riki scratched his ear and looked over at Wolf, the chocolate lab was also in the Teenager state, not as big as an adult, but too big for a young pup. Wolf had a red collar around his neck.

“I hope you don’t mind dogs, Aelita, your going to have to live with them for a while.” Dani said.

“I don’t mind them.” Aelita said. “Did you guys hear about that camp party or whatever they call it.”

“They call it a Party/dance/eat out/ blah, blah, blah.” Dani said. “Bottom line, You need a date.”

“Oh, so it’s almost like a school dance.” Aelita said.

“Yup.” Dani said. Yumi rolled her eyes, she didn’t like school dances or anything that required getting a date. Everyone would ask her, but she kept saying no after William, she was thinking of not attending the camp whatever-you-want-to-call-it. Riki looked up at Yumi with his brown eyes and pawed her leg. She looked down at the pup and smiled.

“I think I should take Riki for a walk.” Yumi said as she took the leash out of the pack and hooked it too his collar.

“Okay Dokay!” Dani said. Yumi walked out the door and led the Akita Inu to the side of the campsite near the woods. The pup sat down next to the big rock where Yumi sat.

“What do you think Riki? Should I see if anyone asks me to the Camp Whatever-you-call-it?”

Riki barked and showed a smile.

“You think I should? After all, It’s not like all guys are like William.” Yumi said as Riki stood up and walked over to a tree and sniffed around. Yumi rested her head on her hand and started to daydream as Riki did his business. Soon she caught sight of William and his Doberman that was on a leash and he started walking over.

“Hello Yumi.” He said trying to sound casual.

“What do you want?” Yumi asked standing up. Riki noticed this and walked near her side.

“Sniper wanted to go for a walk.” William said innocently. “I was just saying hello, you know Snip likes you almost as much as I do.” That was a lie.

“Your dog hates me.” Yumi said as Sniper growled at her. Riki growled back, he and Yumi where very close and nothing was going to make Riki back off if he thought Yumi was being threatened. Sniper growled again, but this time it was at Riki. William didn’t seem to notice.

“I have to leave, Aelita and Dani are waiting for me.” Yumi half lied. As she tried to pass, however, she stepped on one of Sniper’s toes. What happened next was a flash for both Yumi and William. Snip turned and bit her ankle. William didn’t even have a chance to hold him back. Riki turned quickly and launched a bite of his own to Sniper’s shoulder, making him let go, but also left a lovely tooth mark on Sniper’s shoulder.

“Look at what your dog did, that’s going to leave a scar.” William said. Yumi was still in shock but managed to hurry back to the cabin. As she opened the door, Riki was already tending to her wound, licking it trying to clean it off. She opened the door to see Wolf on one of the beds and a note on the back of the door.

Yumi,

Me and Aelita want to check on the guys, remember they are in cabin 215. Come over as soon as you finish taking Riki for his walk, see you there.

Dani

PS. Make sure Wolf doesn’t eat cheese, it gives him gas.

“Great their gone.” Yumi said to Riki as she took out the first aid kit and sat on the second bed where she had dropped her things. Riki hopped on the bed with her and watched her clean off the bite and wrap it in the white bandage. “Wanna go meet Kiwi?” Yumi asked as she put Riki back on the leash and walked out of the door.

“Be back soon Wolf.” Yumi called to the chocolate lab as she walked over to the guys cabin and knocked the door.

“Who is it?” She heard Koji ask. Riki barked.

“The police, open up.” Yumi said playfully.

“And if I don’t are you going to unleash your vicious dog?” Koji asked in a playful tone.

“Don’t be fooled by his size.” Yumi said before Koji opened the door and let her in. She unhooked Riki and let him walked around, he noticed Kiwi and walked over to sniff him. Cross sat on Koji’s top bunk looking down at the others.

“How’s Wolf?” Ulrich asked.

“He was sleeping when I got back from walking Riki.” Yumi said.

“What happened to your ankle?” Aelita asked. Yumi was surprised, she thought she could have gone through the day without people noticing.

“Let’s just say William tried to reintroduce me to his nasty Doberman.” Yumi said. “Sniper bit me.”

“Ouch.” Koji said. “Was it deep?”

“He almost deepened his bite, but before he could Riki bit him back.” Yumi said.

“Way to go Riki.” Aelita said, at the sound of his name Riki walked over to Aelita for her to pet him.

“Where?” Koji asked.

“On his shoulder.” Yumi said. “Nasty Doberman, I was lucky I had Riki with me.”

“Riki can get violent.” Koji said in a worried tone.

“Only when I’m on trouble, he’s not a fighter.” Yumi said.

“Does this look like a face of a fighter?” Dani asked showing Riki.

“I’m just saying, he can get violent, though I know he’s a great dog.” Koji said.

“Great dogs fight for people they care about.” Yumi said.

“Right, just be careful, William’s Doberman could have done a lot more damage then a bite.” Koji said as he and Yumi sat on the bed with Dani and Aelita. Ulrich looked up and Dani.

“Guess who dad dropped off.” Ulrich said.

“No, he didn’t!” Dani said.

“He did.” Ulrich said as the German shepherd appeared behind him.

“Max! What did he do that Dad sent him hear?” Dani asked.

“I don’t even know.” Ulrich said. “But you know how dad hates Max.”

Yumi watched as Riki raised his ears. He looked over at the brown and white German Shepherd. He ran over to sniff at Max and licked at his muzzle.

“Riki likes German Shepherds.” Yumi said. Ulrich watched as Riki playfully pawed at Max. “Riki used to play with two other German Shepherds.”

“Really? No wonder he’s hitting it off pretty quick with Max.” Dani said.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]