Summer Camp Is For the Dogs by GarageKid
[Reviews - 3]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Like Father Like Son

As soon as Jeremie got back from walking Dexter, his golden retriever. The group headed over toward the mess hall. Koji wanted to have a chat with William, but the others were just there for the assembly that was being held. Koji and Yumi’s grandfather was going to be taking the campers on a bear hunting expedition. As soon as they got there Riki looked over at Gin, his father, the huge Akita Inu with the bear scratch scar on his forehead, silver fur and silver/blue eyes stood proud and tall as the campers settled down in the seats. There had to be 20 campers, but since Yumi and Koji’s grandfather brought his whole hunting group, they where going to be in small groups for the trip.

“OK campers, settle down.” Yumi and Koji’s grandfather said. For an old man, he was in great shape. “Now as you all may have been informed, you all are going to be taken on a bear hunting expedition. You can choose not to go, but if you do go you should now you all are in the best care.”

“Old men with shotguns how reassuring.” William murmured.

“You all are free to call me Daisuke, or of course Mr. Ishiyama.” Daisuke said. He looked over at his grandchildren. “During this expedition we all will be in teams of five. Plus your dogs, we all are armed in case we see any bear along the way, any questions?”

“I have one.” William said. “Are we really supposed to believe a few old men with shot guns are really going to protect us?”

“We all are trained and have great eye sight, we have been hunting for years.” Daisuke said.

“I also have another question.” William said. “What about that other bear back in Japan you where hunting?”

“Dead.” Daisuke said with a laugh. “I killed that bear when, why was it when Riki was born.”

“Yup grandpa.” Koji said. “Riki was a young pup, about a year ago.”

“Ok, well anyway, there are sign-up sheets for the hunting trip on the door of the mess hall, those of you who are interested can sign up.” Daisuke said as the group was dismissed from the mess hall. The gang waited for the crowd to head back to their cabins before heading to sign up.

“Jeremie, you and Aelita sure you guys don’t want to come along?” Odd asked.

“No, we decided to take Dexter for a walk in the field on the other side of camp while you all are at the hunting trip.”

“Suit yourself.” Ulrich said as they reached the sign-up sheet”

Name              Age     Dog’s name Cabin #  Dog Breed
William Dunbar    15   Sniper         #222      Doberman
Koji Kamiya         15   Cross         #215      Tosa Inu
Dani Stern           14   Wolf         #212       Ch. Lab
Ulrich Stern          14   Max          #215      Germ. Shep.
Odd Della-Robbia 14   Kiwi          #215      Terrier Mix
Yumi Ishiyama     15  Riki          #212       Akita Inu
Sissi Delmus        14  Sassy       #243       Poodle

Daisuke read over the list.

“It seems my grandchildren will be coming huh Gin?” He asked as he settled in his desk. “And of course your son.” He said turning to the dog. “We haven’t pick which bear we were going to try to go after yet, but let us hope we don’t hunt Mosa. You know how Yumi gets when she hears that bears name, she’ll get herself killed.” The dog looked up at his master. “You have more faith in my granddaughter then I do, I must say, you really are something else. And your son will prove what he’s worth at this event. Tomorrow will prove what that team has.” Daisuke said as he headed off to bed.

Meanwhile. . .

Yumi headed off to bed as soon as Dani got back from walking Wolf. Aelita sat at the desk.

“So Aelita, when did you decide to go on a little walk with Jeremie?” Yumi asked.

“Oh, shut up, it’s for a project.” Aelita said.

“A Chemistry project?” Dani asked with a laugh. “Jeremie must know a lot about that.”

“I said shut up!” Aelita said. Yumi climbed in bed with Riki next to her. Dani climbed in the bed at the other side of the cabin. Aelita’s bed was closest to the desk.

“Night guys.” Aelita said shutting off the lights and heading to bed herself. Wolf had climbed on Dani’s bed and slept beside her as the three girls fell asleep.

 

Meanwhile. . .

Kiwi and Odd where fast asleep at the bottom bunk of his bed. Jeremie was on top with Dexter at his feet. Ulrich lay awake in the bottom bunk of the other bunk bed with Max at his feet. Koji was on the top of that bunk with Cross next to him.

“Koji.” Ulrich whispered. “You awake?”

“Yeah, what’s up?” Koji asked.

“I was wondering, why did your grandfather come here and is offering to take us on this hunting trip?”

“Our grandfather kinda takes over for our father who’s never around anymore, Yumi looks up to him like he’s a father to her. Gin, Grandfather’s dog is the father of Riki. Grandfather wanted to show us how survival and tracking abilities can be used to track a curtain person, animal, or thing.” Koji said.

“Oh, Ok.” Ulrich said.

“There’s more to it isn’t there?” Koji asked.

“Kinda.” Ulrich said turning to his side. “What’s the relationship between Yumi and William?”

“William was Yumi’s last abusive boyfriend. One of our close friends even wrote a song about the abuse she was going through before she had the guts to tell him she had enough. We followed her around for the clips and made a music video.” Koji said. “I’ll show it to you all when I find it under most of my stuff.”

“Ok.” Ulrich said falling asleep.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]