Summer Camp Is For the Dogs by GarageKid
[Reviews - 3]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Mosa

 

The group headed out to the center of the campsite to start the hunting trip. Daisuke and Gin where already waiting, Yumi and Riki where rushing everyone else, but no one knew why they where being rushed by her, as soon as they got there, Yumi looked like she was ready to shoot someone. Riki was just as impatient.

“When are we heading out?” Yumi asked.

“As soon as I go over a few ground rules.” Daisuke said. “Calm down.”

Yumi eyed the path, as her grandfather continued.

“Alright, when we head out, we will be looking for Mosa, which is the bear with the deformed paw. He might be fairly easy to find, but when we do find him, you need to be aware that this bear can get violent.” Daisuke when on and on when Yumi started staring at the woods with the most intention to leave the group and find that bear on her own.

“Ok now we can head out, Come on.” Daisuke said as the group followed through the woods leaving the campsite. Yumi was a step ahead of everyone.

“Yumi! What’s the rush?” Dani asked missing the worried look on Koji’s face. Yumi watched Riki sniff around trying to pick up the smell of the bear. Daisuke kept a close eye on her as Gin watched his son try to pick up a sent. Yumi could hear the fast water of the stream that brought back bad memories. Yumi could see Riki pick up a trot and into a run.

“Riki!” Yumi called chasing after the dog. Gin ran after her.

“Keep an eye on her Gin!” Daisuke called.

“Your not going to follow her yourself?” William asked.

“Gin is a responsible dog enough.” Daisuke said. The others watched the path before they came across a river, Yumi was standing with Gin, Gin had his ears down and a down cast gaze are Yumi was looking over to Riki who was on a fallen tree looking down the river with his back to the others. Yumi had a look on her face that showed she knew what the dog was thinking and had empathy for him. It wasn’t long before Riki let out a sad howl that broke Yumi’s heart.

“This is the place.” Koji said with the same saddened look Yumi had. “Mosa took two lives here.”

“Which two idiots come out here to get killed?” William asked, bad move, as soon as he had Yumi swag around and punched him hard in the face. “Damn! What was that for?” He asked as Koji grabbed Yumi’s arm to keep her back.

“Sai and Jerome.” Koji said sadly to the group. “Grandfather, surely you told them how much you couldn’t hunt this bear.”

“I had to.” Daisuke said. “I didn’t know Yumi would act out this much.”

“Sai? Why does that name ring a bell?” William asked as Riki let out a series of sad howls.

“Poor Riki.” Dani said. “He sounds so, so sad.”

“Jerome was one of his friends, and Sai was his owner and was a great person, he never let anyone step over people he loved and cared for.” Koji said. “He was like a brother to me.”

“How did they die?” Odd asked.

“Saving me and Riki.” Yumi said looking back at the Akita Inu howling his poor heart out. “I swear, I’ll kill Mosa. That bear needs to die.”

“We can talk about that after we find the bear.” Koji said as Yumi walked over to Riki.

“You miss your friend, I know, I miss Sai. But you know they want us to be strong and hunt down Mosa. We’re strong enough to do that.” Yumi said as Riki turned to her. “We need to make sure they didn’t die for nothing.” Riki nodded and followed Yumi back to the group.

“OK, how do we find Mosa?” Ulrich asked.

“Look for weird foot prints in the dirt, Mosa is a huge bear, and with that paw he shouldn’t be hard.” Daisuke said.

“Just be happy Sissi didn’t come Ulrich.” Odd said. Kiwi sniffed around with Riki, Wolf, Max, and Gin. Riki picked up something and barked twice before running toward it.

“Good boy Riki!” Yumi said following the dog. Gin followed with Max, Cross, and Wolf close behind. Kiwi waited as Odd picked him up and Followed as Ulrich, Dani, Koji, and Daisuke. William and his Doberman followed behind the others. The next thing they all knew, they where in the presents of a huge, brown bear with a deformed paw and drool coming down the mouth showing the set of white teeth. Riki ran and attacked the bear, Biting it’s muzzle and holding on as the bear tried to get him off.

“RIKI!” Yumi yelled. Gin also ran forward and bit the bear’s neck also keeping a hold.

“GIN hold on!” Daisuke yelled.

“Give um’ a hand Cross!” Koji said as the dog ran forward and bit the bear’s deformed paw. With one quick slash of the bear’s claws, he hit Gin and sent him flying into a tree.

“GIN!” Daisuke yelled. Cross was next to be hit and tossed toward Koji.

“CROSS!” Koji yelled running up to the dog. With both paws, Mosa Waked Riki off.

“RIKI!” Yumi yelled running toward the dog.

“Riki are you alright?” Yumi asked kneeling down near the dog.

“YUMI LOOK OUT!” Koji yelled as the bear took a shot at her hitting her arm and shoulder. She fell back as Riki stood and jumped up biting the bear’s forehead.

“Beautiful.” Daisuke said.

“Wow, nice shot.” Koji said as the bear fell back against the rocks.

“Yumi, are you OK?” Ulrich called as Max ran over to her and licked her face.

“I’m ok.” Yumi whispered to the dog as she pulled herself up. Max looked over at the bear and Riki, who still had his bite on the bear’s forehead. Gin ran forward to launch a bite to the neck, but missed and bit the stomach.

“Oh no! He missed!” Dani called.

“Cross hurt his leg, he can’t move!’ Koji said.

“Sniper can do it.” William said as the Doberman ran forward and bit the bear’s back.

“Your dog missed too.” Ulrich said.

“Let’s see Your dog do any better!” William said. Wolf was way young and scared to move. Max was their last chance.

“Max, you’ve gotta fight!” Ulrich called. Max looked over at the bear and then to Yumi’s bleeding arm. Without much more hesitation, Max rushed up and landing the perfect bite to the bear’s neck forcing the bear down.

“Beautiful.” Yumi complemented. Ulrich ran down to check on Yumi.

“Are you OK?” Ulrich asked.

“Yeah, your dog has nice aim.” Yumi said. “He’d make a great bear hunter.” Max walked over to Yumi and Ulrich with Riki next to him. Gin ran back to his master, and Sniper walked back to William.

“Yumi, your arm.” Ulrich said.

“Oh, I guess I can get stupid when I know Riki is in trouble.” Yumi said.

“I don’t believe it, Mosa, he’s dead.” Daisuke said. “Wow, I solute both Riki and Max for that.”

“We should head back to camp.” Koji said. “Cross’s leg’s really bothering him.”

“Ok.” Daisuke said.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]