Livie's Birthday Party by aelita2468
[Reviews - 3]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Code Lyoko, but I own my original character and my stories.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I couldn't really think of any other title for the first chapter.

"Yumi, come on! We're gonna be late!" Livie yelled.

 

"No, we're not. You can't be late for your own party!" Yumi replied sharply.

 

"Ok, ok. Let's not get an attitude with the birthday girl!" Odd said to Yumi. "It's supposed to be a happy birthday!"

 

"Then why don't you kiss her?" Yumi remarked. "Then she'll be happy, and you'll have given her the perfect present!"

 

Yumi was obviously in a bad mood. It was Livie's birthday, so they were all having a slumber party in her room. This would usually put Yumi in a good mood, but all of their babbling about the party had given her a headache.

 

Yumi's last comment made the couple blush. Livie pushed her hair behind her ears and opened the door to exit Yumi's room. They had been looking for Yumi's horror story books, which they had hoped to read before they went to sleep.

 

"Whatever. Just forget the books. I can get some from the library." Odd said.

 

"Well, Odd, if you had ever gotten a book from the library before, you'd know that they closed at 6:00pm." Yumi said as she rolled her eyes. Odd glanced at the clock next to Yumi's bed. 7:00pm.

 

"Oh. Oops." Odd said as he shrugged. He left the room to join Livie in the hall. Yumi came out after a minute, and together the three ran back to the school and dashed upstairs to Livie's dorm. Ulrich, Aelita, and Jeremie were waiting in the hallway because Livie had locked the door.

 

She apologized and let them in. Ulrich was carrying a box full of video games, and Aelita had three bags of potato chips. Livie, who had a TV and a Nintendo Gamecube in her room and was a video game addict, snatched the box away from Ulrich and began to play a game. Everyone else, except Odd, sat down and watched her. Odd grabbed a bag of chips, but the rustling of the bag and the crunching of Odd chewing made Yumi's headache worse.

 

Yumi got up and snatched thebag away from Odd. She threw them at Ulrich, who caught them with a confused look on his face.

 

"Odd," Yumi growled, "if you make one more sound tonight, I'll kill you, understand?" Odd nodded and shrank back in fear.

 

"Yumi, are you alright? You seem . . . . tense." Ulrich said with concern. Yumi scowled at him.

 

"Headache." she said.

 

"Oh."

 

"It's making me a little irritable."

 

"Just a little?"

 

"Ok, a lot!" Yumi snapped, causing Ulrich to decide to back off and shut up.

 

After a while, everyone took turns going to the bathroom to change. While Livie was gone, Aelita shut off the Gamecube because she was tired of hearing all the beeping and humming comming from it. When Livie came back, she was REALLY mad.

 

"What did you do that for? I was about to reach my high score!" she yelled.

 

"Shut up. You'll get over it." Ulrich said sleepily. He and Yumi were sitting next to each other on Livie's bed, and he was starting to get a bad attitude too.

 

"Hey! I know what'll cheer you two up!" Jeremie exclaimed as he snapped his fingers.

 

"What?" Yumi asked.

 

"Watch." Jeremie answered. He got up from the floor and opened the door. Then he grabbed Odd's arm and dragged him out into the hallway, despite Odd's protests.

 

"Hey, what are you doing?" Odd asked with a bewildered expression. Jeremie hurried back inside and locked Livie's door, leaving Odd outside.

 

"Hey! You're right, that does help!" Yumi said with a smile.

 

"Yeah, he's out of our hair!" Ulrich agreed.

 

Odd banged on the door for a minute or two, but he stopped soon due to his laziness. Aelita opened the door to let him back in, but he had fallen asleep. She dragged him inside and commented that it was shocking for him to be asleep at 8:30pm. All of the commotion woke Odd up, but he was careful not to annoy anybody else.

 

"Hey, Yumi, you don't mind Odd comming back in here, do you?" Aelita asked with humor in her voice. When she didn't get an answer, she glanced over at Livie's bed. Yumi and Ulrich had already fallen asleep, and Yumi's head was on Ulrich's shoulder.

 

"Great," Livie said, "Now that the two angry lovebirds are asleep and out of the way, who's up for more video games?"

Chapter End Notes:
I think this is a pretty good first chapter, if you ask me. This isn't a one-shot, but if I don't get a good review or two I might make it one. Thanks for reading!
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]