Livie's Birthday Party by aelita2468
[Reviews - 3]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Have you ever wondered why Odd named his dog Kiwi? It's just a wierd name, if you ask me. But of course, nobody asked me.

After he finished eating, Odd got up and went out into the hallway without telling anyone where he was going. When he came back, he had Kiwi in his arms.

 

"What did you bring him in here for?" Livie asked. "Not that I'm complaining." she added as she took Kiwi into her arms. She began to speak inaudibly to the little dog.

 

"Hey, I thought I was your boyfriend!" Odd said playfully.

 

"Oooh, I think you've got some competition, Odd!" Aelita joked as Livie kissed Kiwi's nose.

 

"Hey, Livie? I just realized......you've never kissed me!" Odd announced. This time, he wasn't kidding.

 

"Well, you've never kissed me either." Livie answered as she put Kiwi down. She crossed her arms and looked at Odd, waiting for a reply.

 

"Really? You two are always lovey-dovey, but you've never kissed?" Ulrich asked.

 

"Oh, yeah, you're one to talk. What about you and your precious Yumi?" Livie answered.

 

"That's different." Ulrich said while he and Yumi blushed.

 

"How?"

 

"Well.....we aren't.......dating, or anything."

 

"Did you forget about her head on your shoulder?"

 

"Haven't you pointed that out already?"

 

"So?"

 

"Just let it go already!" Ulrich was yelling now. "There's nothing between Yumi and me, and there never will be! I have no feelings for her at all!"

 

The whole room was silent for a moment.

 

"Ulrich......" Yumi began, but she closed her mouth tightly.

 

"Oh........wait....Yumi......I.....I didn't mean it.......like.....like that......." Ulrich managed to say as he saw the expression on Yumi's face.

 

"Right.......sure......I.....I'm going...........................somewhere." Yumi said quietly as she turned and dashed out of the room and down the hall.

 

"Yumi, wait! Ulrich called after her, but she was already going down the stairs.

 

Odd was smiling.

 

"What's wrong with you?" Ulrich asked angrily. How could Odd find this funny?

 

"That's what I brought Kiwi for." Odd anwered. "To track Yumi."

 

"Wait......you knew this would happen?"

 

"Not this exactly, but think about it! Just when everything starts to seem ok, something bad happens again. And what do you know? I was right for once!"

 

Ulrich said nothing. He stood up, opened the door, and walked into the hall. Kiwi followed him as if he'd been trained to do so. He had no problem finding Yumi, and eventually led Ulrich to where Yumi was.

 

'What?' Ulrich thought. 'Why is she in my room?'

 

Ulrich knocked on the door hesitantly. It felt weird to knock on his own door. He could have just walked in, since it was his room, but he respected Yumi too much to intrude when he knew she didn't want him around.

 

"Go away, Ulrich. I know it's you." her muffled voice said.

 

"Come on, Yumi. Let me in. Please?"

 

"Fine. Come in."

 

Ulrich opened the door and saw that Yumi's eyes were red, as though she'd been crying.

 

"Yumi............"

 

"Just shut up, Ulrich. I really don't want to talk to you right now."

 

"I'm sorry........Yumi......"

 

"I MEAN IT, ULRICH!"

 

"Calm down, let me explain! I was sick of Livie teasing us. I didn't mean what I said to her. I actually lo...like you Yumi. A lot."

 

"What were you going to say?"

 

"Huh? When?"

 

"Before you said 'like' you were going to say something else and changed your mind."

 

"Oh. Nothing......nothing at all."

 

"Hmm. Ok, then."

 

Yumi decided to drop the subject. Then they both began to walk back to Livie's room.

 

"Oh God! Yumi!" Livie said when she saw Yumi's red eyes. She hurried over and gave her a quick hug.

 

"Don't worry. I'm ok now." Yumi said with a more cheerful voice.

 

"Ok, if you say so. But maybe we should all go to bed." Livie suggested.

 

"Are you crazy?" Odd asked.

 

"Yeah," Yumi chimed in. "Everyone knows you don't sleep at a slumber party!"

Chapter End Notes:
Well, did you like it? Reviews would be nice........I've only got two. But I do appreciate those two reviews!
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]