New Found Love by girlbrain1
[Reviews - 9]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first chapter for the first CL fanfic I ever wrote. I hope you like!

 

After taking a shower and putting on his usual nightwear-tank top and boxers-, Ulrich settled down in his bed, closed his eyes, and tried to go to sleep. It had been three full days since Xana attacked and Ulrich had been restless ever since. This time he managed to go to sleep, but was immediately greeted with his unhappy thoughts of the ‘Xana Attack', with a different turn of events.

 

Yumi and Jeremie watched the computer screen with hope that Aelita would make it to the tower safely, but feared something would go wrong as well.

"Ulrich, Odd, you two only have 40 life points. Aelita, you have 60. Please be careful out there you three. Since you guys are in the Mountain Sector, Xana can send any monster he wants, just about." Jeremie said.

"Chill out Einstein! We'll be fine!" Ulrich said blocking the lasers that one of the three Krabes they faced were aiming at him, with his sword. He then jumped on top of the Krabe with ease and struck his sword in the eye that faced him. He jumped off the Krabe just before the creature exploded. Then he went over to where his sword was laying, grabbed it, and turned towards Aelita.

"Aelita, head for the tower. Odd and I will handle these two monsters." He told her. Aelita nodded and ran off in the direction of the tower. Ulrich then headed over to assist Odd with the two Krabes he was fighting.

"Will she be alright by herself?" Odd asked as he jumped from rock to rock before managing to jump on top of one of the Krabes. "Laser Arrow!" he shouted and shot two arrows into the eye of the creature. He then jumped off and watched as the Krab exploded with satisfaction.

"Nice shot! Yeah, I'm sure she'll be fine." Ulrich said, fighting against the last remaining Krabe.

"Um...guys, hate to burst you bubble, but Aelita is being faced by a Megatank at this very moment!" Jeremie said, not sounding happy at all.

"Go take care of Aelita, Odd. I'll take care of this Krabe." Ulrich said.

"Alright, man." Odd said and started running towards Aelita, who was going one-on-one with the Megatank. It wasn't long before Odd reached her. He started shooting arrows at the Megatank just to get its attention off of Aelita.

"Aelita, go hide behind some rocks until the path is clear enough for you to make it to the tower." Odd suggested to her.

"Ok! Be careful, Odd!" Aelita said and ran off to hide.

 

While Odd had been heading off to defend Aelita from the Megatank, Ulrich had his hands full trying to defeat the Krabe.

"Triangulate!" Ulrich shouted and formed a triangle around the monster, confusing it. It took a while before it tried to shoot at the real Ulrich, which is just what Ulrich had been waiting for. As soon as the fake Ulrich was shot, and the triangle vanished, Ulrich jumped on top of the Krabe, catching the creature by surprise. Ulrich then plunged his sword into the eye, and moments after getting off the Krabe's back, it exploded.

Once he picked up his abandoned sword, Ulrich looked over at the direction Odd had headed and saw Odd battling the Megatank Jeremie had mentioned. He decided he'd be best off to go help out his buddy, for the quicker they got rid of the monster, the quicker Aelita could deactivate the tower.

"Super sprint!" Ulrich yelled out and went as fast as he could to go help Odd. When he got halfway there, he got shot down. He turned around in time to spot two Hornets before being shot again, which caused him to be devirtualized.

Getting out of the scanner with a bit of effort, Ulrich got into the elevator, planning to demand an answer to why Jeremie didn't warn him about the Hornets. He got his answer when the elevator opened up and he saw Jeremie and Yumi standing over a snake that looked like it was knocked out just for the moment.

"We need to get back to the computer now, to check on the others." Jeremie stated and looked up, spotting Ulrich immediately.

"Ulrich! What happened?" Jeremie asked him. Yumi looked up, shocked.

"Hornets caught me by surprise." Ulrich replied. Jeremie nodded and returned to the computer to see that Odd was still fighting the Megatank and Aelita was waiting for the right moment to head for the tower. Ulrich and Yumi stood by him, looking at the screen as well.

"There are some Hornets about, you two." Jeremie warned them. The warning was heard, but neither of the two responded.

 

Back in Lyoko, Odd was struggling with the Megatank. For some strange reason, Odd noticed that they were getting closer and closer to the edge of the sector. He also noticed that the Megatank had stopped shooting and was just rolling towards him instead.

"Aelita! Head for the tower! Now!" Odd shouted, just as he felt the Megatank push him.

Aelita, realizing Odd was in trouble, ran as fast as she could towards the tower, hoping that she could deactivate the tower and the return to the past would take effect before things got worse.  

Just as Aelita entered inside the tower, Odd had just been pushed to the very edge of the sector and was trapped. He then saw the Megatank back up. Odd relaxed, thinking the creature gave up, seeing that Aelita had entered the tower and it was all over now. He was wrong. Before he knew it, the Megatank, rolling really fast, pushed itself and Odd over the edge.

"NO!" Odd cried just before disappearing into the Digital Sea.

"ODD!" Ulrich called out. At that very moment, Aelita had deactivated the tower, and the return to the past had taken place.

 

The group stood by the computer, all of them appearing sad seeing as one of their teammates had been taken away by the Digital Sea.

"Is there anything we can do?" Ulrich asked, wanting his friend back badly.

"All I can do Ulrich is to try and find a way to bring Odd back. But I don't know..." Jeremie stopped mid-sentence, feeling very unsure if he could bring their friend back in Lyoko, let alone back to Earth.

"I'm sure you can bring him back, Jeremie." Yumi said, putting an arm around his shoulders. "You managed to bring Aelita to Earth. You also brought me back when I was taken up by the Digital Sea. I'm really sure you can bring Odd back as well."

Jeremie nodded and looked up at Yumi.

"Yes, but at those times I had the materialization code at hand and could easily bring you guys to earth. Now that Aelita doesn't need the code anymore, I think I just tossed it away somewhere. I don't know if I can find it now..."

 

Now, Ulrich remembered exactly what happened after that. So after this moment, he expected Jeremie finding the CD containing the code in his room, bringing it back into action, and managing to find Odd and bring him back to Earth.

But his nightmare thought otherwise...

 

A few days later, a very upset Jeremie talked to an even more upset group of friends.

"We've searched the whole entire factory, as well as the school! I know I didn't throw it away! I swear I didn't! But materials like that just don't grow legs and walk away!" Jeremie placed his head in his hands, trying to hold back tears.

"I hate to say this, but I'm afraid we've lost Odd."

"NO! We can't give up! We got to keep searching!" Ulrich complained, a tear escaping his own eyes.

"What's the use? We've searched everywhere, and we've all came up with nothing." Aelita said.

"But..." Ulrich tried to argue back.

"Forget it Ulrich. We've tried our best, but we'll never bring Odd back without that code. I'm sorry, but we'll just have to move on without him." Jeremie stated. Both Aelita and Yumi nodded sadly in agreement.

Ulrich shook his head vigorously and sank down to his knees.

"No...No...NO!"

 

Ulrich woke up immediately, feeling someone shaking him awake. Then he heard that someone speak.

"Ulrich! Wake up man! If we don't hurry, we'll miss breakfast!" that someone said. Ulrich then realized who that someone was.

Odd.

Ulrich opened his eyes, and lightly pushed his buddy off of him.

"Ok! I'm up. Go on ahead. I'll catch up with you in a bit." He said.

Odd nodded and, grabbing a change of clothes, headed out the door.

"See you at the showers!" Ulrich heard his friend say before hearing the door close. It was then he just realized how deeply relieved he was to realize that what he just went through was a dream and Odd was alive and ok. He also realized how much hurt he felt in his dream when he thought he would never see his best friend again. Except, it felt like losing more than just a best friend. It felt more like he was losing his very own...

"What am I thinking?" Ulrich said to himself as he gathered up some clothes, walked outside of his room, and closed the door behind himself.

"And more importantly...Why?"

Chapter End Notes:

Please tell me what you think!

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]