Postlude by soul of legonds
[Reviews - 25]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I don't own Code lyoko, any of the caracters, or the places.

REVIEW PEOPLE, I LOVE FEED BACK, SO START REVEIWING OR I WILL STALK ALL OF YOU!

The bus slowed to a stop. Quickly Jeremie hurried off, carrying his backpack and a single suitcase.  He began walking toward Cadic. Even though the bus stop was only a block from the school, with his heavy luggage it felt much farther. Jeremie had never been much on physical strength, but that had never mattered to him.

 

He turned his hear as he walked through Cadic’s front gates looking around. Many memories came back to him. He had stent many unforgettable days on this campus. More than most, but not because he had been held back but for other reasons. So many adventures had taken place here. But Jeremie shrugged off the memories for a little bit.  He headed toward the administration office.

 

Jeremie dropped this luggage in the waiting room and asked the secretary, “Is Delmas in?”  The secretary, one Jeremie had not seen before, nodded curtly. Jeremie understood and entered the principal’s office. Mr. Delmas sat behind his desk sifting through a pile of papers. His hair had turned completely white, deep wrinkles and ridges crossed his face. Jeremie smiled at the old man.

 

“Getting a little older aren’t we,” Jeremie’s smile broadened as he continued, “or would you rather not talk about it?”

 

Delmas looked up, then leaned back in his chair. “I thing I’ll take a leaf out of Jim’s book. Welcome back Jeremie.” Delmas stood up and walked around his desk, smiling he placed his hand on Jeremie’s shoulder. Delmas handed Jeremie his room key, and a few other keys and papers. “Now run along to class.”

 

Jeremie chuckled, “I’ll do that, sir.” After depositing his luggage in his room Jeremie began walking through the campus. A few new buildings dotted the campus, and a new fountain stood in the courtyard, but for the most part it looked the same. After checking his watch at a quarter after one Jeremie decided to head for his class room.

 

Cadic’s science building had not changed in the least. The empty halls looked exactly as Jeremie had left them. Even the annoying drip was still there. Almost by instinct Jeremie turned the corners to Mrs. Hertz class. No, that wasn’t right, it wasn’t Mrs. Hertz class any more, she had retired last year. Jeremie wondered why she had resigned as he moved along the halls.

 

Jeremie now stood in the doorway to the room that he had spent uncountable hours in. Jeremie smiled remembering the way the Mr. Hertz greeted her students on the first day of each year. Jeremie walked into the room and sat down in the chair behind the table in the front of the classroom. The late August sun filtered into the empty room, Jeremie smiled remembering Odd, on a day like this he would have fallen sleep listening to Mrs. Hertz. Jeremie turned around to face the black board and closed his eyes. Jeremie’s mind sunk into nostalgia.

 

After a while his thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a bell. The same bell form Jeremie’s far off memories. Keeping his eyes shut Jeremie listened to students file into the class room. Soon the scuffling of feet and the scraping of chairs died down to be replaced by the low murmuring of the students talking. Jeremie caught a few phrases from the conversations.  Most of what he caught was idle speculation about the teachers that the students had had that day so far, or one that they would have in the rest of that day.

 

After a bit Jeremie stood and faced the class. “Good afternoon class. I am Professor. Belpois.”

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]