Postlude by soul of legonds
[Reviews - 25]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
long awaited here is a new chapter.

The bio screens flickered on. Jeremie looked at the rainbow of colors eminated from the small black box. The soft sand hardened into a smooth sheet, small pinpricks of light from below the surface made it looked like the clearest night sky he had ever seen.

Jeremie eased himself into the chair and glanced around at the large screens. A box flashed up on the far left screen, one of the motion sensitive cameras had picked up something. Jeremie was a small figure bent double running. He could see that the figure’s jacket was far too big for it. The student was followed by a much larger hulking person.

Jeremie guessed that the smaller figure was Erin Pripe, the other one was a complete mystery, but it was quite obvious that he wasn’t playing games with Erin at 2:30 in the morning. A second camera picked up the motion as the two figures made their way into the main room. Jeremie could see that Erin would pass directly over the beaming pad. On a whim Jeremie set the pad to teleport Erin when he stepped on it. As the large person gained on Erin, Jeremie got the feeling that if Erin was caught that things would get ugly.

Jeremie watched as Erin’s foot hit the center of the pad. The pad began to glow, tendrils of energy moved up Erin’s leg. Erin stood frozen with fear on the pad. The larger figure had also stopped. Erin by now as entirely engulfed in energy. Then much to the astonishment of Erin’s pursuer, disappeared. Jeremie smiled, imagining the look on this Neanderthal. A flash of light and Erin reappeared behind him.

Jeremie taped the smooth suffice of the nanoboard. Jeremie glanced over the logs of the transport and saved Erin’s data. After a bit Jeremie turned to face Erin. “A little late to be running around, I would think. It is about two thirty, and I do believe that tomorrow is Monday. I am glad though that you have history first thing, you won’t be sleeping through my class.

Erin blinked at Jeremie. Jeremie sighed, stood up, then sat back down. “What happened back there?”

Erin looked at his shoes. “Nothing.”

“Oh, come on. You can’t tell me that that was nothing. If I did not sweep you away you most likely would not be taking that test in my class tomorrow.”

“I was walking around the campus, about midnight I heard someone screaming. Behind the shed I saw Chi Oriran on the ground, you’ve got to help her!” Erin blurted out. The look on Erin’s face had changed from fear, to embarrassment, to utter distress. Jeremie sensed the urgency here.

“Then we will.” Jeremie strode over to the pad, pulled Erin back onto it, taped the Lexscreen and together they beamed out of the dark room.

As they quickly walked across the bridge Jeremie stooped down and removed the sewer grate. “Erin, we’re taking a short cut” Erin rushed back to the grate and climbed down it followed by Jeremie. The two rushed along the sewers, out of the corner of his eye Jeremie caught a glimpse of a group of students. He motioned for Erin to slow down. Together they edged their way back to where the other students were standing.

“What, don’t you talk?” A snide voice came from around the corner. A slow, deep voice came in reply, “Were is Erin Pripe?”

“Oh, so the giant likes the migit? Well guess what, he disappeared! Vanished in to thin air!” The shadows on the wall showed one shadow grabbing another one by the collar and slamming him against the wall, the second shadows feet were dangling about two feet above the ground. The deep voice with anger emanating from every word said, “Where is he, if you did anything to hurt him, I’ll return the favor a thousand times over. Now where is he?”

Jeremie turned to Erin, “Erin you see if Chi is alright, I’ll see you in a bit.” With that Jeremie slid around the corner. In the corridor stood Randy Kalliar, the two other boys were unknown to Jeremie. Randy looked over at Jeremie but returned is gaze to the boy. Jeremie walked over to Randy and place a hand on his shoulder. “Don’t worry Randy, Erin’s fine. And in a few seconds it will be as if none of this ever happened.”

Jeremie taped a small sky blue button on his collar. Blue rings shot up from the ground around Jeremie, at the same time blue rings were surrounding the factory. Then from Jeremie’s point of view the universe caught on brilliant white fire. The fire grew larger and engulfed everything. After a few minutes in the blinding light the white faded leaving in its place the factory with a still complete computer. Jeremie left the building to a brilliant Saturday afternoon.

Chapter End Notes:
Ya, not to thrilled with it eather, but it is time i began to move the story
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]