Postlude by soul of legonds
[Reviews - 25]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

What do you have mayhem?

 

He’s gathering forces, four children?

 

Why would he need children?

 

One of them is her?

 

Her?  Why?

 

Are not for certain but, resemblance is obvious

 

Mayhym, find out what he’s learned.  How much does he know?

 

That’s not going to be easy, he’s taken up paranoia as a hobby.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he had security cameras covering his room.

 

You have clearance to do…  Anything necessary.

 

Yes sir!

  

“Jeremie, wake up. Hey wake up, Jeremie.” Jeremie groaned As he lifted his head. Slowly he blinked out the sleep from his eyes. Jeremie looked around the room, looking for the voice. “Hey Jeremie. It’s good to see you awake. Did you know you Talk in your sleep? You say funny things,” giggled.  Jeremie finally remembered what the voice was.

 

“Kari next time can you let me sleep?” Jeremie groggily replied. He could almost guess what was coming next. “And please don’t tell me what time it is.”

 

“Okay”

 

                “Hey, Kari, what time is it?” Jeremie asked the AI.  In the back of his mind Jeremie wondered if Kari would become like XANA. 

 

                “It’s 8:45, and it’s Monday.”

 

                “Bye Kari, ready for visitors tonight?”

 

“Bye, Jeremie! Have Fun!” Jeremie walked over to the beaming pad, in a flash all that was left in the room was a computer.  Wallowing in thought he walked back to the school.  The rest of the day when long normally, then the evening came.  Jeremie sat in his classroom, waiting for the students. 

 

                The first to arrive was Grace, she walked in, looked around, and seeing that nobody was there took her seat in the back of the room.  She waited for 5 minutes and then put on her headphones and out the rest of the world.  About 7 minutes after that Grant entered the room.  He was wearing his normal black shirt, and a pair of faded jeans.  He looked at Jeremie, glanced at Grace, and scowled.  Grant had his usual demeanor, was one of the reasons he was nicknamed the Crusher.  That and the fact that he seemed to be able to do everything on the first try, after which he would shame his opponents by telling them exactly what they did wrong.  Another 3 minutes and a shriek erupted from the hallway.

 

                “No! Don’t make me go in there. Those people hate me! No! No! No, no, no, no, no!” The screams of protest slowly grew louder until Randy walked through the door, dragging Erin. After a few last attempts at the door Erin called down and was released. A second after the dark hand let go of his shirt Erin made a mad dash for the door. Only to have the ground jerked out from underneath him, like a dog on a chain Randy’s hand held him inches from the door. Erin, obliviously now just making a show of it, was continuing to scrape at the ground.

 

                Jeremie got up and closed the door, after which Erin stopped the charade.  Jeremie looked at the four students, all who now were focusing on Jeremie. Randy and Erin were more attentive to him than the other two, who appeared board.

 

                “If you are wondering what you can possibly learn from even more time with me now is the time to ask.” Jeremie knew this was exactly what the in the seats were thinking. After a second of silence Jeremie turned his gaze down at the other two. “And if you are wondering how you can possible learn anything from more time with me, ask now.”

 

                “Ya, I have a question, do we all have to wear pink?” Erin asked, shoving a thumb in Grace’s general direction.

 

                “Oh, god, if I see you wearing pink, you shrimp, you will find yourself in the infirmary so fast you will think you were born there.” Grace snapped at the small boy. Erin fell to the floor like a bomb had gone off.

 

                “I thought you liked pink!”

 

                “Heck no, I hate pink. But do you realize who few things go with pink hair. Nothing, basically nothing but pink.” Grant turned a pulled a book out of his bag and began reading, obviously uninterested in the ongoing conversation.

 

                “Then dye you hair, and don’t kill me!” Squeaked Erin sill huddling on the ground.

 

                “I’m allergic to hair dye, and I wouldn’t kill you,” Grace’s voice suddenly became very sweet, “I would just severely maim you.”

 

                “Professor, she’s going to hurt me!” Jeremie looked down at the quivering boy. Jeremie reached down and pulled the mass of Jell-o from the ground.

 

                “Look Erin no one is going to hurt anyone. Calm down.” Jeremie turn so that he could gaze at every one. “You have been selected for off-sight study, for tonight I think it would be best if you chose the subject of study.”

 

                Randy slapped a hand over Erin’s poised mouth. Grace spoke first “Hydrochloric acid?” Grant continued to read his book, but did give a visible shake of his head.

 

“Professor, I have wondered what causes explosions?” Randy asked, this momentary lapse of concentration allowed Erin to tear the hand from his mouth, “BOOM” Erin was promptly returned to his silent state by a death glare from Grace. If death glares could really kill Grace would have been the most effective weapon of mass destruction in the world.

 

“Explosions it is,” Jeremie opened the door and began walking out of the building. The journey to the factory was quiet, which was unusual when Erin was around. The ladder to the factory proved a bit of a stretch for the children’s imaginations, but this was nothing compared to when Jeremie had Erin stand on the beaming pad.

 

“This may tingle a bit Erin, but you should be fine.” The look of astonishment on the children’s faces was priceless. A smile crossed Jeremie’s face as he asked “Who’s next?”

 

After finally getting everyone down into the computer lab, Jeremie entered. It was time to begin.

 

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]