Postlude by soul of legonds
[Reviews - 25]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Jeremie tossed and turned in the small bed. Voices of the past echoed through his dreams.

 

“I’m sorry she’s gone critical”

 

“What’s going on?!”

 

“Jer… e… mie…”

 

Jeremie’s eyes flew open. It had been a month since he had started teaching at the academy. Every night for the last week  dreams had haunted his sleep. Jeremie looked at the clock, 1:48. Guessing that sleep was once again out of his grasp he got up. Jeremie walked over to the computer that the school had provided and switched it on. With out realizing it he had started to scroll through the student data base.

 

After a while Jeremie found what he was looking for. Grace Sharron. Opening her file Jeremie found nothing, nothing of interest. Blood type, height, weight, medical records, nothing. Or at least nothing Jeremie was subconsciously looking for. Until Jeremie spotted pictures of her parents.  Her mother was nothing special, long brown hair, deep blue eye, a king expression. But her father, at first glance nothing seemed Odd, but Jeremie knew there was something there. He stared at the face of the man identified as Eric Sharron.

 

After a fifteen minutes Jeremie saw it, he was Aelita, at least a male image of her. The hair was a dark maroon, but the brilliant blue-green eyes, the soft expression, the kind smile. The features of Aelita were mirrored on this man face. But then reason snapped Jeremie back to reality, Aelita had no other family, and she most certainly did not change. But it was all there. Skeptical, but intrigued Jeremie began a new search to find Eric Sharron.

 

After about two hours Jeremie had found Eric’s birth certificate.  He was born in a military hospital in America. The name of the mother was omitted from the certificate, but a link to a picture was provided. When Jeremie accessed the link he found nothing but a brief message from the U.S. government about how this picture had been removed for national security. 

 

Now as if released from years of slumber Jeremie’s fingers began to move across the keyboard, slowly at first, then faster and faster. Jeremie’s heart beet faster and harder. This feeling was gloriously wonderful. Jeremie was no longer the teacher at Kadic, he was the greatest hacker that ever lived, his youth returned, years of hacking difficult systems, of thwarting XANA, it all returned. And this time he was going up ageist the holy grail of security systems, U.S. governments most precious secrets were in here. But Jeremie was determined to get through. Nothing would stop him. Nothing.

 

The clock flashed 7:18, but Jeremie was still typing franticly. Then a box appeared on the screen of he computer. In the box there was a picture of a person he had never meet, but knew almost everything about. He had spent almost 2 years searching for her. fourteen years ago he had gone on a frantic search for information about her. The caption read Jamie Sharron. But the picture was unmistakably the face of the wife of Franz Hopper, Aelita’s mother.

 

Three days later, Jeremie was stifling a yawn as he waited for his second class of the day. Her hair was looking grayer than ever. After he revelation he had not had much sleep. But the discover, nor the dreams were the thing that was keeping him from sleeping.

 

Delmas entered the science classroom. Unlike Jeremie he was as old as he looked, then someone entered after Dlemas. The man was dressed in a lab coat. An insignia was emblazoned on his coat. With out introduction he began to speak.

 “Professor Belpois…”
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]