Postlude by soul of legonds
[Reviews - 25]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
not really long enough to be a chapter and it is more a set up for the next chapters.

Jeremie stood in the remains of the factory. Some of the iron pillions had rusted and tumbled. The floor was littered with the debris from the collapse ceilings. And the freight elevator was at the bottom of its shaft, it too was probably a pile of rusted scrap metal. The cords that had held the elevator were hanging limply on the pulleys.

Jeremie began to pick his way through the rubble heading toward the second entrance to the computer lab. The other portions of the factory were already partly demolished. Like the main room the ceiling of the boiler room was mostly on the floor. Many of the pipes had burst and their remains were laying alongside the chunks of the ceiling. About an inch of water covered the floor.

But when Jeremie dropped through a hole in the floor, into the labyrinth of small cramped passages that ran under the factory, he found them completely intact. Jeremie crawled along the passages toward the lab.

Soon Jeremie can to a smooth metal ledge, the ledge jetted out into blackness. Jeremie knew this ledge it stood just below a network of wires and pipes above a computer. But all the light in the computer lab had been knocked out. Jeremie moved away from the ledge, there was nothing so suggest that the way down wasn’t corroded, rusted or even still there. Jeremie reached into his pocket and pulled out a high voltage flashlight, he hadn’t come entirely unprepared for this. Shining the small beam around Jeremie found that not much remained intact.

The walls were rusty, and much of the metal sidings had fallen off onto the floor. The floor was covered with water. As the beam crossed over the computer a small colony of mice scuttled off the chair. They hadn’t done mush damage to the chair, but Jeremie could see that they had eaten through many of the wires to the computer. Most of the keyboard lay on the soggy floor. Some of the computers smaller screens were barely hanging on to the main screen. The computer was obviously inoperable. But the floor was still usable, and the hatch to the canner room was closed, preventing the water and mice from getting to the scanners.

Jeremie climbed down from his perch above the room, even though his beam only barley lighted the room, he managed to get to the dome of the holo-sphere. Jeremie thought about the first time he entered into this room. He had been amazed to find such a place like this in the factory. But now that was replaced by the sadness that this place had ad afflicted on him.

Slowly, painfully Jeremie slipped back into the past, about 11 and half years in the past.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]