Postlude by soul of legonds
[Reviews - 25]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

As Jeremie sat in the dark room mind began to slide back.  A tear rolled down his cheek fell into the water.  The drip struck a chord in his memory.  Mere hours before his world had begun to collapse he had heard a drip exactly like this.  With that he gave in to the nostalgia, entirely.

 

 Jeremie lay is his bed once again he was a child.  He had been there awake in a limbo between sleep and restlessness. Too tired to get up, to awake to sleep.  So he lay there awake listening to the drip from the bathroom.  Jeremie tried to count the number of seconds between each drip.  But each drip came at a different pace.  Attempting one last time to go to sleep he turned over and closes eyes.  And waited for sleep to wash over him. 

Jeremie opened his eyes, the darkened lab seemed darker .  My whole than before.  Jeremie wondered why of this scene was brought through the mists of time.  A mouse dashed through the beam of the flash light. Again Jeremie felt his mind pushing him back again.

 Miss Hertz was mono-logging again.  Under normal circumstances Jeremie would be listening intently or taking notes.  But as time Jeremie was more interested in winning the battle between him and his eyelids.  Last night had been another sleepless night just as they had all been that week.  This was the fourth time that the battle had taken place.  Now just as if to bother him more the buzz in the back of his head began to grow louder. “Jeremie” Miss Hertz shrill voice sounded, “would you please demonstrate the difference between hydrochloric and sulfuric acids?” Jeremie looks up and saw two pieces of wood and two beakers on the front table.  Jeremie stood up and walked toward the front table, as he walked to the buzz increase louder and louder.  Jeremie was amazed that no one else seemed hear it. Jeremie now stood behind the front table, looking at the class Jeremie’s sight began to slide in and out of focus.  He put his hand out for the first visa wood.  The buzz was now unbearable.  He picked up the peace of wood.  The world fell away. 

Once again Jeremie was sitting in the darkened the lab.  Jeremie stood up and walked over to the decrepit computer.  You reached out his hand and felt the broken screens, Jeremie caught himself on one of the sharp edges of the shattered screens.  In jerked his hand away.  After examining his hand with the light of the flashlight he found no blood in your own back to the holo-sphere, and looked down into the even darker depths of the scanner room below.  Jeremie struggled to a grasp another memory.  His mind slipped away once more.

“Jeremie” a voice called out. Jeremie was laying somewhere but it was all black. “Jeremie, can you hear me?” The voice was Odd’s.  Jeremie opened his eyes, it was in the school infirmary, Odd, Ulrich, Aelita, and somebody else were standing around his bad.  The other person stood in front of the window so he could not tell who it was. “You doing all right, Einstein?” it was Odd again, his voice was shaky but genuinely concerned.  Jeremie turned his head to look at the shadow, but no one was there.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]