Postlude by soul of legonds
[Reviews - 25]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
he, he, more criptic clues.
Jeremie looked over toward were the shadow was.  The shadow had boon there, everywhere since his collapse. It had been there for two months. In that time it seemed that everyone had visited the infirmary for real at least once. Odd had fainted from exhaustion in PE, Aelita had been suffering from Insomnia, and Ulrich had gone twice for the horrible headaches. It seemed that all of them had been stricken by something. 

Jeremie tossed aside a large chunk of the wall that had fallen off. The first rays of sun light were filtering through a gap in the pips that covered the ceiling. Now Jeremie saw that the damage was more extensive than he had first guessed.  Jeremie want to leave the grim picture that was slowly coming to light. He decided that he would look at the other rooms of the complex. When Jeremie finally opened the elevator door he was not greeted by the familiar freight elevator, but instead by the dark elevator shaft.

 

Jeremie moved over to the ladder wrung on the side of the shaft.  Jeremie was never too afraid of heights, but a 100 foot fall into the broken, rusted remains of a freight elevator did not make him feel exactly at home.  Jeremie decided to forgo the probably highly radioactive scanner room, so he climbed father down.  Once at the computer room it took Jeremie a second to remember the correct impute code. The computer room with o lighting was pitch black, Jeremie pulled out his flashlight again.

 

The room was mostly intact. A few of the ceiling tiles had fallen on the lead casing of the supercomputer. Jeremie pushed these off. He walked over to the power switch, Jeremie waited for a second; the switch did not pop out. Jeremie fumbled for a manual open. He finally found it on the far wall, a small button with a dot with in three circles and for lines. But when Jeremie pushed the button he heard a click from the door. Jeremie feeling some anticipation of the new set of adventures pulled the switch.

 

A whirring noise filled the room, lights flickered on. The whirring grew louder and slowly the cylindrical computer rose up. A flash of light and it stopped. The computer now void of its previous resident still seemed to be menacing.

 

Jeremie slumped against the wall and stared at the supercomputer, this thing had ruined his life, yet he was going to attempt to use it to give back the lives it had taken. It would give them back, even if it Jeremie the rest of eternity. 

 

The past was calling to Jeremie again. The day of his graduation was calling him.

 

 Ulrich was looking out at the crowd that covered the game field. He was probably looking for Yumi, Jeremie had told him that she was in the hospital but he never gave up hope for here. But now when Ulrich saw that she was not there his face sank. Jeremie was too tired to try to comfort Ulrich, it had been another sleepless night, another sleepless week. The sedatives that he had been scribed had not worked at all. Now once again he was locked in battle against his eyelids. The class was now lining up so they could file into the chairs that were on the field. The graduation when slowly. After his name was called, and Jeremie received his diploma, he felt a dull pain in the base of his skull. After Odd the pain had been joined by a buzzing. Jeremie soon began to fade in and out of reality. By some miracle he managed to hold on long enough to see Aelita Ulrich graduate. Soon after that the buzzing mercifully faded away. Jeremie was for the most part conscience.  Now it was time for the picture of the entire graduation class. So the class of 2009 lined up on the stage. Then it came; a scream came from behind Jeremie. Lying on the floor was Ulrich, his limbs were twitching uncontrollably. Then Aelita fell, Jeremie just managed to wrench his eyes away from her to see Odd. Odd looked at Jeremie alarmed, then a blank look slid over his face and he crumpled. The screams of the students were now barely audible over the buzz that had returned. Jeremie kneeled down; he tried his best to say conscience. Jeremie felt the stage fall away, but he was still awake. Jeremie was dimly aware of being rolled onto a stretcher. Lights were flashing, and the buzz. Oh the horrible buzz, almost all sounds and sights and smells every sense was dulled by the buzz.

  

Jeremie opened his eyes, he glanced around wonder what had woken him. Jeremie heard his watch. That was what had brought him back from that terrible day.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]