Postlude by soul of legonds
[Reviews - 25]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I took a bit of artistic lisence here, so if you don't agree deal with it.

As Jeremie walked through the courtyard of the school thoughts whirled around his mind. Struggling to hold on to one image or understand another thought Jeremie did not hear the soft click of a door shutting behind him. His mind gave no recognition to the breath of the man behind him. But the soft cough brought Jeremie back to the present day.

 

“Jeremie, what are you doing out this late?” it was Delmas. Jeremie reached out for an excuse but none came, so he remained silent for a while until something came to mind.

 

“A walk always calms my nerves, Jeremie. But normally at this hour people are asleep.” Delmas had come up with the answer for Jeremie. Jeremie turned to face the old man. For a second neither of the two did anything. Then Jeremie blinked, in the shifting moonlight the principal of Cadic academy looked like the old haggard face of Franz Hopper. But just a quickly as it had come the illusion faded away.

 

“Jeremie, this walk of yours wouldn’t happen to take you by a sewer grate in the park, would it?” Delmas asked with the skeptical look that he had use on students that had insisted that they were innocent. But what Jeremie saw and heard made his heart drop. How much did Delmas know?

 

Delmas continued to stair at Jeremie. The silence was broken by an even more devastating statement, “Jeremie, how much do you know about my brother? How deeply has he affected you life?” The tone was like that of when Delmas had talked to students, when he was trying to get them to tell him about the actions of the other students, when he insisted that he was on their side.

 

“I know nothing about your family, much less about your brother.” Jeremie said as he turned away, but he was afraid of what Delmas meant.

 

“Jeremie I know that isn’t true. You showed a glimpse of how much you knew this morning. What if I were to tell another name for Waldo Schaeffer, or Franz Hopper? What if I were to tell you that his real name was Augusts Delmas? Now as for how I know of the passages through out the school, they were discover sometime after you left, students were using as an way to get off of school grounds. Now, Jeremie if you don’t mind I would like to know what happened to my older brother after he left. And I think I may learn a little bit about the incident with you and your friends 11 years ago.”

 

Delmas ushered Jeremie in to his office and turned on the lamp on his desk. Delmas sat down in his chair and rested is head on his folded hands. Jeremie wondered how he would explain this to Delmas. He knew that even now it was unsafe to reveal the truth behind Lyoko. If he was to ever help the people that had meant so much to him it must remain hidden. So Jeremie began with a story.

 

2:47 showed the clock after Jeremie had finished his story. Jeremie told Delmas that Franz Hopper had been killed by the AI that he had created. That Jeremie and his friends had been enlisted to help. Jeremie explained a fictional seine of when XANA had manifested it’s self through the scanners, and that Franz Hopper’s last wish was to pass through the scanners after his death.

 

After Jeremie had finished Delmas had one question for Jeremie, “Jeremie why is it they you friends now lay in a hospital in a coma, looking like they are a thousand years old, and you got off with looking like you’re 70.

 

At that moment a vision of five teenagers laying in hospital beds, looking as if they were hundreds of years old, flashed inside Jeremie’s head.

  

For a second Jeremie faltered, but quickly regained his composure, “My friends were closer to the scanner when it exploded after XANA came out.”

 

 With that Jeremie stood of and walked to the door, as Jeremie put his hand on the door Delmas looked up at him and asked, “My I assume that you are going to go back to my brother’s lab to find a way to help your friends?”

 

Jeremie looked at him for a second then opened the door, “you can assume that”

 

And he left.

Chapter End Notes:

Shock, is it not?

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]