To Carry On by GarageKid
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

A brown haired german teen sat up in bed before tossing a pillow at his sleeping roomate.

"Wake up Odd." The German called. He walked over the the closet and took out his usual blue jeans, black short sleeve shirt, and green urban jacket. On his way out the door he picked up his black sneakers and headed toward the showers. He was not expecting the showers to be filled with students, none of which he had seen before. The first one to notice he was there was a boy with dark brown hair falling into green eyes, scars where on the boys face and he was dressed in black sneakers, black jeans, and a light blue longe sleeve shirt with a silver short sleeve hoodie. He was just finishing to tie his sneaker.

"New?" The German asked the Japanese looking new guy.

"Yeah." He said. "Kyoushiro the Silver." he said offering a hand.

"Uh, Ulrich." The German said. Kyoushiro walked out the door after the hand shake, he didn't even smile at the greeting. Ulrich looked back. "Kyoushiro the Silver, someone Sissi might like, both seem to think highly of themselves." Ulrich decided to let it go and took his shower.

*** Aelita's room ***

The pink haired teen was already dressed when there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Aelita called.

"Jim." The familar voice of the fat gym teacher said. Aelita called a 'come in' expecting him to be alone, but she was wrong. There was another girl behind him, one with light brown, blondish hair. She was wearing white sneakers, baggy reddish jeans and a red shirt with short orange sleeves and a logo on the upper right. "You have a new roommate."

"Roommate?" Aelita asked.

"Yes, you know about the JPO right?" Jim asked.

"Yes," Aelita said.

"Mel here is one of the students being transfered here." Jim said.

"OK." Aelita said looking at the timid looking girl. She hardly seemed like a threat. Aelita didn't know where this friendship would work out on first glace, but maybe there was a change. Jim set Mel's bags down and left the girls along.

"When did you get here?" Aelita asked as Mel walked over to unpack her things.

"Last night." Mel said.

"Oh, how many where there traveling here?"

"13." Mel said. "I'm the youngest, but my friends Yumi and Reika make sure I don't get pushed around by the older of us."

"You all Japanese right?" Aelita asked.

"Yup! All 13 of us, we're not all as bad as everyone put us up to be." Mel said. Aelita watched the new Japanese student unpack for a while until she decided to offer a tour of the school.

"I'd like to show you around." Aelita said shortly after offering.

"I'd like that." Mel said. "It'd be nice to see the school, I might get lost if I don't know where I'm going."

"Maybe I could intoduce you to some of my friends." Aelita said.

"And I could introduce you to mine." Mel said. Aelita had remembered Mel mention a Reika and Yumi earlier whom where put out like Mel's best friends. Aelita nodded and as soon as Mel was done packing, They where out the door. Only to be stopped by a Japanese accented voice.

"Mel?" A teenaged boy's voice called. "Reika was looking for her, she said you forgot your bandana on the bus." Aelita looked up at the Japanese boy. He had black hair and brown eyes. He was wearing black and white tennis shoes, black baggy jeans, and a long sleeved green shirt with a jacket over it with one sleeve rolled up reveiling the green shirt underneath.

"Hi Jerome, this is my roommate Aelita." Mel said then turned to Aelita. "He's one of my friends."

"Nice to meet you Jerome." Aelita said.

"Likewise." Jerome said in a friendly tone. He then drew his attention back to Mel. "The girls are looking for you."

"I know, tell them they don't have to treat me like a little kid." Mel said. "I can handle myself."

"They just wanted to see who you where bunking with." Jerome said quickly rising to the defence. "They have a right to know."

"OK, then show me and Aelita where they are." Mel said as Aelita followed her down to the lobby where all of the students normally hung out.

"Yumi Reika." Jerome called as two of the girls in the corner looked over. One had short black hair and blue eye wearing black tennis shoes, black caprise, and a white T-shirt under a black zipper hoodie. The other was a dark brown haired girl wearing white tennis shoes, blue jeans, and a a black short sleeve shirt as well as three thick bracelets on her right wrist.

"Hey Mel." The black haired one said. "And friend."

"Yo." The other said.

"Aelita this is Yumi." Mel gestured to the black haired teen. "and Reika" gesturing to the brown haired teen.

"Nice to meet both of you." Aelita said spotting Odd and Ulrich near a foosball table. "Hey, let me introduce you to Odd and Ulrich."

The small group walked up to where Odd and Ulrich where playing.

"Odd, Ulrich, I want you to meet my roommate Mel and her friends Jerome, Yumi, and Reika." Aelita said.

"Hi."

"Sup."

Both the boys greeted.

"Those are Odd and Ulrich, that's how they act in a game." Aelita said watching Yumi, who was paying very close attention to the game. Odd had sent the small ball flying across the table Ulrich had missed his an attemp to stop it, but before it could reach the goal, Yumi flicked her wrist on one of the handles Ulrich couldn't reach at the moment and sent the ball back near Odd.

"NO FAIR!" Odd cried as the ball went into his goal.

"Thanks!" Ulrich said turning to Yumi.

"Yumi has a nack for speed." Reika said. "She's faster then any of the rest of us."

"All 13 of you?" Aelita asked.

"Yeah, Smith was our trainer back in Japan and he knew Yumi was built more for speed then the rest of us." Jerome said. Something bothered Aelita at that moment. The question ringing her in ears:

If Smith was the manager of the Junevile Placement Program, why would he be teaching them how to fight?

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]