To Carry On by GarageKid
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Aelita walked through the woods, last night didn’t go the way she planned. When Mel came back she had said that the factory was a meeting ground Smith used for all the Juveniles he was responsible for. Aelita had to accept that as a good enough explanation. She however, knew something was going on, she so far hasn’t talked to Yumi or Reika or anyone else that where part of the placement program. She walked near the old garden shed and heard a loud crack.

“Is anyone there?” Aelita asked. “Mel? Is that you?”

“Boo!” A Doberman jumped out from behind a tree.

“You d-didn’t j-just t-talk?” Aelita ask shaking.

“Maybe he did.” Another jumped from behind her and circled her so there was no running away. She watched as the dogs turned into humans. They smirked at her fear.

“Come with us, and we won’t kill you.” One said. Aelita felt something sharp poke her back and decided to follow to an old shed.

“Now we have to wait.” The other said going into his dog form of the Doberman standing guard.

“What do you want with me?” Aelita asked.

“Shut up.” The one behind her said jabbing the sharp object lightly against her back. Aelita never felt so scared in her life. All of a sudden, a orange/brown and white Akita Inu jumped them from the bushes.

“Thunder watch out.” The one behind Aelita said.

“Decided to show up?” Thunder asked.

“Leave her alone.” The Akita said in a slightly familiar voice. Aelita watched as the Doberman and Akita circled each other. Then Thunder was the first to strike to the Akita, but with a duck the Akita slammed it’s teeth into the throat of Thunder.

“Thunder!” The other yelled.

“If you care for your friend’s life, you’ll let her go.” The Akita said. The other dropped the knife and stepped away from Aelita. The Akita released it’s grip and the two Doberman ran off.

“Thank you.” Aelita said taking a closer look at the Akita. It’s blue eyes seemed too familiar.

“Get on.” The Akita said. Aelita looked at the Akita.

“Your back?” Aelita asked.

“No on my muzzle, OF COURSE MY BACK!” The Akita said. Aelita walked to the Akita’s side and climbed on the Akita’s back holding on to the black collar around the dog’s neck. The Akita ran off toward the factory where Aelita, Odd, and Ulrich had snuck in a few days before. The Akita jumped off the edge and landed on her feet in front of Smith, who was with Odd and Ulrich.

“Guys?” Aelita asked.

“Hey Aelita, funny story.” Odd started. “Those two who saw us a few days also, they reported us to Smith. Then we where attacked by these nasty Doberman Pinchers with teeth like steel!”

“So was I.” Aelita said. “What’s going on?”

“I’ll tell you all after you answer one question.” Smith said. “Can you all keep a secret?”

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]