To Carry On by GarageKid
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Yumi headed back to her dorm she shared with Reika early. Her father was coming the next day, and she didn’t know what he wanted. Kyoushiro was right saying he never treated her the way she should have, but Smith was right saying that she was his only daughter and that there had to be a reason in him wanting to see her. Yumi lay on her bed an stared at the ceiling her roommate sleeping like she had been drugged. Tomorrow Yumi would have to do something she never thought she would ever have to go through on her own, face her father.

The first thing that very next day, even before breakfast, Yumi was called down for her meeting with her father. At first she felt happy to see him. When she walked in, she recognized him.

“Otosan.” Yumi said happily.

“Never call me that again.” He suddenly said with a harsh voice. “I am sickened to be your father.”

“Huh?” Yumi asked suddenly realizing something wasn’t right. At least before she was taken away, he begged for her to forgive him. Now he was even more cruel then he had ever been.

“This is all your fault!” Her father said with such harshness, Yumi winced.

“What, I don’t understand.” Yumi said innocently.

“Your mother was killed by Hougen.” Her father told her. The words hit Yumi so hard that if she had eaten this morning, she would have thrown up all that was in her stomach. “All because you are some kind of dog! I never thought I would be so sickened to even want your forgiveness earlier!” Her father said.

“I never wanted something like this to happen.” Yumi said. Her father slapped her across the face to make his message one hundred percent clear.

“If Gin is to be killed because to your carelessness, I will kill you myself.” Her father said. “Now get out of my sight!”

Yumi ran out, frightened, she didn’t know what to do or where to go. She wanted to go to Smith, or Jerome, or Reika, or maybe Kyoushiro. All of a sudden, Aelita, Ulrich, and Odd’s faces flashed through her mind, perhaps telling her they where also ones she could go to. She decided on the first person she saw, which happened to be Kyoushiro.

“Kyoushiro!” Yumi called. Kyoushiro looked over seeing her ran toward him gave him the thought something had happened.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, his voice stern.

“My father, be blamed me for my mother’s death.” She said.

“Did he hit you?” Kyoushiro asked. Yumi nodded, but even to her, her pride sting more then the slap on her cheek. Kyoushiro didn’t seem happy about that. “Tell the others I’ll take care of him.”

“You wont hurt him, will you?” Yumi asked.

“You don’t want me to?” Kyoushiro asked her back.

“No,” Yumi said Kyoushiro nodded.

“Then I’ll just ruff him up.” Kyoushiro said jogging off. Yumi looked over in his direction, was it possible to believe Kyoushiro wouldn’t hurt him? Kyoushiro was very protective of everyone in his pack, and though of Yumi as a little sister to him. Yumi decided to head toward to woods where everyone was scheduled to meet after breakfast since there where no classes that day.

Kyoushiro on the other hand was much busier. He had collected a few of his pack members.

“Lets go.” Kyoushiro said as the other dogs dragged Mr. Ishiyama toward the river. Kyoushiro’s dog form was a white Kishu Inu with scars all over.

“What are you crazy mutts think your doing?!” He asked angrily.

“I have but one thing to tell you, stay away from the girl, if you come within 100 yards of her, I will kill you next time. This is a warning.” Kyoushiro said as the dogs threw Mr. Ishiyama in the river as he was pulled downstream.

Back at Kadic, John and Akame where going over the new lesson with the newer dogs.

“We’re going to learn how to hunt?” Odd asked.

“Yes, if we are going to prepare for war, food can’t be in jeopardy.” Akame said.

“Has anyone seen Yumi?” Reika asked.

“No, no one’s seen Kyoushiro either.” GB said.

“That’s never good.” Jerome said. “Want me to go look for them?”

“No Kyoushiro’s just walking in now.” John said pointing to their brown haired friend.

“Where’s Yumi?” Mel asked.

“She didn’t come here?” Kyoushiro asked with a confused look.

“No.” Ken said. “Kagetora and I could go look for her.”

“Go then.” John said as the two headed out of the cafeteria.

Yumi was near the tall oak trees in the forest. She was breaking pieces of tree bark, sulking because of her fight with her father, and the death of her mother.

“Yumi-Chan!” A voice called.

“Kagetora?” Yumi asked.

“We where all looking for you.” Ken said. “What happened?”

“My father, I really don’t want to talk about it.” Yumi said.

“Are you coming to breakfast?” Ken asked. “John wont allow you to eat until after our hunting session.”

“It’s OK, I’m not hungry.” Yumi said.

“You have to eat.” Kagetora said. “You wont have any energy during our training, John wont tolerate you skipping breakfast. I’m sure Akame would be upset just as much, they expect a lot from you.”

“I know, I’m just not hungry.” Yumi said in her defense. Ken shook his head.

“Yumi, we’re not going to have you skip breakfast and be tired during our training.” Ken warned.

“Ok, I’ll head down in a little while. I want to be alone.” Yumi said. Ken and Kagetora nodded before leaving their friend to sulk.

The others were where John had taken them to train. They where going to hunt for their lunch today.

“If you don’t catch anything, you don’t eat.” John said. “That’s today’s lesson.”

Smith watched from a distance. He was busy making sure Hougen wouldn’t attack sooner then expected.

“Where’s Yumi?” John asked. Ken and Kagetora looked at each other.

“She had a meeting with her father.” Ken said. Kyoushiro shot him a look, but then realized he was trying to buy Yumi some time.

Meanwhile Yumi was in the cafeteria. She was able to get a slice of toast down her throat, but that was it. She couldn’t eat knowing her father hated her so. She also didn’t know what Kyoushiro did to him. Yumi ran her fork through the food on her plate, unable to eat anymore. She stood up, threw her tray away, and headed toward the door to meet up with the others in the forest. She hurried in her dog form toward the center of the woods. Meeting John.

“You’re late.” John said.

“Sorry John-Sama.” Yumi said apologizing.

“Not my problem, but if you don’t catch anything by noon, you don’t eat lunch.” John said.

“Kuso!” Yumi said hurrying off to find something easy to hunt. Sniffing about, not getting the secant of anything hunt able. She finally spotted a few birds pecking at the Earth as she crept closer.

“BONZI!” Someone yelled as a golden brown husky with a purple spot in the middle of his forehead. The husky caught one of the birds in his mouth, but the others fled.

“Baka!” Yumi called.

“Huh?” Odd asked.

“Sorry Yumi.” Rocket and Jet said both with birds in their mouths. “I guess we should have given you a warning that we had this group instead of pouncing like that.”

“No kidding.” Yumi told the two Borzois. She walked about toward the river. “Too bad it’s not salmon season.”

“No kidding, you are the best fisher of the pack.” Jet said as the three headed back to where John was. Yumi rested in the tall grass waiting for a duck to swim by. She didn’t know, however that she was heading into another territory. She hopped into the water and kept most of her body hidden under the water as she followed a group of ducks into deeper water. Yumi’s technique for killing in water was simply to drowned whatever you were after. Which in her case happened to be a fat duck.

Come on you stupid duck, I’ve hunted snails faster then you!

Yumi said silently as she ducked under the water before making her strike. She jumped out of the water, grabbing the duck by the neck and taking it down back under.

Meanwhile John was inspecting how the others did. Odd, Rocket, and Jet where able to hunt birds. GB found a garden snake. Kyoushiro with his speed was able to hunt a rabbit. Jerome, the black and white German shepherd, hunted a small deer. Ken, the brown Great Dane mix, and Kagetora, The Kai Ken, both hunted rabbits. Mel, the golden retriever, and Reika, the Akita mix, both hunted ducks. Tesshin, who didn’t go to Kadic, but still stayed with his pack, the Shikoku Inu, hunted a duck as well. Ulrich, the brown and white German Shepherd, hunted a wild hen. Aelita, the light colored beagle, was able to hunt a mouse.

“Where’s Yumi?” John asked.

“She probably got lost hunting ducks down the river.” Kyoushiro said laughing, making a few others laugh as well.

Yumi, troublesome pup, for being the leader’s blood, you have too much courage for your own good.

Akame said silently, know Yumi wouldn’t stray unless she was sure she could take anything that it could thrown her way.

Troublesome pup.

“Maybe one of us should look for her.” Reika said.

“No, no, we’re not a war yet, so we all should be safe.” John said. “She’s fine.”

“Knowing my sister, She won’t some back until she successfully hunted something.” Gin said.

Meanwhile, Yumi was finishing off the duck she had killed and dragged it out of the river.

“Damn duck, put up a fight too.” Yumi said gripping the duck with her fangs and stared back. “Better run.” Yumi told herself as she picked up a jog and headed back to the area. Only to be stopped by a Weimaraner.

“Mutt! Your in Blue’s territory! Give up your kill and you can leave peacefully.” The dog said.

“Heh, not a chance.” Yumi said putting the duck aside and striking with a bite to the throat to the dog. “You can’t win.”

“W-who are y-you?” The dog asked as Yumi’s fangs deepened in the dog’s throat making it harder for the dog to breath.

“Yumi of Ohu.” Yumi said.

“A-an Assassin?!” The dog asked with fear. “N-no! Please release me!” Yumi did so without question, and as soon as the dog caught it’s breath, Yumi turned to pick up her kill, hearing the dog howl.

“What-the?” Yumi asked as she heard dogs heading their way. “Baka! You will regret that!” Yumi said putting her duck down again to attack the dog, this time, the dog moved out of the way, and the other dogs attacked her. Yumi felt fangs bite into her shoulders, back, and throat.

“Any last words?” The dog asked taking Yumi’s prey.

“You, Baka! You call yourselves dogs!” Yumi called as the dog who has it’s fangs in her throat deepened it’s bite.

“Beat her to death!” The dog said as the other dogs beat her brutally. She fought back and managed to run away.

“Don’t let her escape!” One called but it was too late, returning to her human form she hid in the old tool shed of Kadic as soon as she entered the school ground. She slammed the door and leaned there until she lost conciseness.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]