Frenemies by Lynn Seseege
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Phoenix is not from France, or Earth for that matter...kinda. She shares some history with Aelita Hopper.

Aelita led Phoenix down the hall to Principal Delmas' office. Aelita was surprised to see Delmas standing outside his office. He smiled at the girls and motioned them inside.

"Hey girls," he greeted them. " What can I do for you?"

"I'd like to request a room for Phoenix," Aelita said.

"Sure. In fact, a girl a few doors down from you just left for another school. Phoenix can stay in that room, if she likes."

Phoenix nodded. Delmas handed the key to Aelita and waved them off. Aelita led Phoenix down the hall, past her dorm and to a door only three down from her own. She unlocked the door and held it open for Phoenix. They walked inside, Phoenix shutting the door behind her. She wandered around the room, a look of deep concentration on her face.

"Aelita," she sad finally, "where are you from?"

"I am from a virtual world called Lyoko. Jeremie and the others rescued me from it," Aelita answered.

"Well, I'm from Lyoko, too. Xana created me. I wanted to escape and left the tower. He sent a Krab after me. I stunned it, and another one appeared. Somehow, I ended up here. I think I ran through a portal or something. The Krab chased me through a forest. I tripped over a branch and stumbled out of the woods. Then I passed out," Phoenix said.   

"That would explain why he hasn't been very active lately," Aelita said. "I'll bet he was busy dealing with you."

"Yeah, I'm not the most willing of servants. He was trying to build a new breed of warriors. He called us the 'Birds of Parodise'. Or the 'BOPs'. I was the leader and I led a rebellion. The main group weren't very good and phased away. I don't know where they are."

"That explains your name."

Phoenix chuckled. "I picked it out myself."

Then she took on a mischevious look. "Wanna see a trick?"

She jumped into the air, and in a split second, her skin was fiery red, she wore black leather gloves, and her hair stood out a little, like someone had put static electricity through it. She flew around the room, her stance like she was skateboarding.

Aelita watched in awe.

A knock came at the door, tearing her attention away. The door opened. Jeremie, Odd and Ulrich stood in the frame, watching Phoenix with open mouths and wide eyes.

"I can explain," Aelita said.

"Go ahead," Jeremie challenged.

Chapter End Notes:
Yeah, the next chapter is coming. I'm doing a little at a time. Again, if I messed anyone up, please tell me and I'll fix it.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]