Frenemies by Lynn Seseege
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Odd dug into his food, as usual. Aelita was glaring at Jeremie. They were fighting. Each word said between them made Phoenix flinch and shrink into her chair. Yumi and Ulrich were talking, heads bent together.

"I think we should take her to the factory!" Aelita said.

"I think we should turn her out," Jeremie retorted. "What if she causes trouble for us?"

"That's a risk we'll have to take," Aelita said defiantly.

"But why should we risk our cover and our secret over a creation of XANA?"

"For the same reason you risked it when you got me out the first time. You didn't send me away! You kept me here and taught me about this world!"

Jeremie sighed and looked away from Aelita's heated gaze. She had him, and he knew it.

"You're right Aelita, but you didn't have the same weird kind of feeliing about you. Something just doesn't feel right with her around," he said.

"I don't care! She's my friend." Aelita protested.

Jeremie could see how important this was to her. Odd looked up from his food and glanced at Jeremie.

"No way! You so aren't letting her win!" Odd said harshly.

"I think she has a point."

"So? We can't get involved with Phoenix!"

Phoenix shot a glare at Odd. "No offense," he said, "But there's just something about you, and I don't trust it."

"I have done you no harm, neither do I intend to. Throw me out if you like, but know that I am here because I escaped from XANA. He'll probably come looking for me, because I was his most valuable warrior, but I don't mean to cause you any inconvenience." Phoenix said softly.

"Exactly! XANA will start coming after us because Phoenix is here, and she ran away from him!" Odd said loudly.

"SHHH!" Yumi shushed him. "Do you want Sissi and Millie coming over here?"

"No."

"Then keep your voice down!" Yumi said.

She nodded at Ulrich and turned to face the rest of the group. Ulrich did the same, taking Yumi's hand.

"We think that we should at least take Phoenix to the factory. You don't have to let her do anything except look. You don't have to send her to Lyoko, nor do anything with the computer, but at least let her see it. Maybe we can find somehting about her past anyways." Yumi suggested.

Odd and Jeremie looked at Ulrich.

"I'm with Yumi," he said softly.

"Of course," Odd remarked.

Aelita smacked him and faced Ulrich and Yumi. "I agree with you." she said.

"Then it's agreed. by a three to two vote, let's go to the factory," Ulrich said.

"But I'm not done eating!" Odd complained.

"You've eaten enough to feed the rest of the group for a week, now let's go!" Aelita said, standing.

"You don't know how much it takes to fill a growing boy," Odd grumbled.

Aelita and Jeremie laughed. Yumi shot him a glance and looked at Ulrich, who was stifling a laugh.

The group left the cafeteria and down the path that led to the factory. They climbed in the elevator and emerged in the room with the supercomputer.

Phoenix stiffened. The others walked on without her, unaware of her halt. She looked around her. A figure, much like the one that had guarded her in Lyoko, emerged from the darkness. Phoenix couldn't remember what he was called, but she remembered how strong he was.

With a cry, she ran at him and knocked him to the ground. The creature picked himself up and lunged at her. Phoenix pulled out her powers and started to hover. The others noticed the flash of light that emerged when the ball dissipated, and turned round. Aelita gasped.

Phoenix held her hands in front of her and screwed up her face in concentration. Twin balls of red light shot from her palms and flew at her opponent. He dodged them neatly and growled at her.

Phoenix steadied herself and looked up in time to see the ceiling shift and roll behind her. She felt the hard ground beneath her as she slid back a few feet from the force of the hit.

Her attacker grinned and advanced. He picked her up and pulled her into a headlock.

"Miss me?" he growled.

Phoenix looked away and reached inside herself. Her eyes started to glow brightly and she opened her mouth, already filled with the strange red light, and let out an ear piercing scream. It blew her opponent back across the room and Phoenix caught herself before she fell to the ground. She flew at her opponent, then shifted her position so she was flying at him feet first. Her boots crashed into his chest and there was an audible snap. Phoenix dropped neatly to the ground and walked behind her opponend. She wrapped both hands around his neck and squeezed. There was another snap and the creature fell limp. His form melted away and left only the eye of XANA in ashes on the floor.

Phoenix stared at the symbol then turned to the group. With another flash of light, she returned to her regular form, but she didn't move.

Odd and Jeremie were staring open mouthed at her. Yumi and Aelita looked dazed, but Ulrich looked deep in thought.

"Okay," Odd said finally. "Let's see what we can find out about Phoenix on the net."

Jeremie nodded and went to the supercomputer.

"What was that thing?" asked Yumi.

"I can't remember what it was called, but he used to guard me at the tower in Lyoko. I had to get through him to get here. He's the one that chased me through the forest." Phoenix said.

"You fight pretty good," Aelita said.

"Thanks." Phoenix said softly.

"Hey guys, look at this!" Jeremie said.

 

Chapter End Notes:

enjoy.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]