The Return of Xana by dobermutt
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

So we finished up our classes for the day and all five of us took a walk in the woods. Aelita stopped and looked around and then stared at the path to her left.

“Why did you stop, Aelita?” Ulrich asked as he walked over there to her.

Aelita looked at Jeremy and smiled.

“What?” Jeremy said looking kinda confused. Then he looked to his left. “Oh…” He turned back to Aelita.

“Please, Jeremy?”

He turned towards me and I gave him the puppy dog face.

“Eww,” He said and turned away from me. (Come on! I’m not that hideous.)

Yumi and Ulrich had the look of happiness on their faces. They both turned towards Jeremy and smiled.

“Come on,” Yumi begged. “Please?”

“Well…” Jeremy started. “Ok. I guess we could go look.”

“Yes!” I shouted with joy.

We walked down the path and found ourselves standing in front of a rusty, old sewer top. It was in the middle of the grass in a little area surrounded by trees.

“Well,” I said. “Who wants to go first?”

“I guess I will,” said Jeremy.

He reached down and lifted the sewer lid off. Dust flew up everywhere. The sewer lid was rusty on both sides; even the stairs that went down into the sewers were rusted.

“Alright.” Jeremy went down the steps and reached the bottom. One by one we followed him down.

“Wow,” I pointed at our skateboards that were leaning against the wall. “Those are still down here? I don’t believe it! And they still work.”

“Let’s go,” Aelita jumped on her skateboard.

“Yeah!” said Ulrich.

Everyone got on and rolled down through the sewer. We jumped from platform to platform, zoomed past rushing water, and finally got to a familiar spot in the dark tunnel.

A couple of stairs laid there in front of us; a small crack of light shown through yet another sewer lid. Jeremy went up first and moved the lid. We all just stood there and looked at the big entrance to a big, abandoned factory. Jeremy laughed under his breath; no one could believe that it was still there.

“Come on, Jeremy,” Aelita took his hand and walked towards the factory.

I was still amazed. I had to slap myself a couple of times while walking into the factory to make sure that I was still awake. We slid down the ropes and landed on the ground in front of the elevator door. I smiled the whole time I was inside.

“Let’s see if I can remember the code for the elevator door,” said Jeremy.

He opened the control panel and punched in some numbers. To my surprise, the elevator started to come up.

“Wow!” Jeremy was amazed. “It still works. Cool!”

What was even more amazing to me was that Jeremy actually used the word “cool”. We all got in the elevator and, with the push of a button; we were on our way down to re-visit our virtual world.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]