Power Surge by dobermutt
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Large drops of rain smashed against the window. Jeremy continued to work, even with the loud noise of the rain. It had been raining all week at Kadic and was suppose to continue to rain throughout the next week. But, no matter the weather, Jeremy was determined to recover his documents. Odd sat on Jeremy’s bed and just starred at the little cars racing around on his DS game. Ulrich sat next to Odd and continued finishing up his homework. Yumi was helping Ulrich and Aelita was watching what Jeremy was doing. Other than Odd’s game and the rain, it was quiet.

“Oh,” Odd sighed. “I got a game over.”

“That’s not unusual,” Ulrich laughed.

“Hey! I’m good at video games, Ulrich,” Odd fussed.

“It depends,” Yumi said.

Odd went red in the face. “You guys are so mean!”

“No, they’re just truthful,” Jeremy laughed.

Odd turned back to his game and the room became silent again. Hours past and everyone was asleep in their own room. Jeremy continued working until he finally fell asleep at his computer desk. Jeremy turned his head at the sound of the rain hitting the building. He quickly woke up and noticed that he was in his bed. He looked at his computer and saw Aelita sitting there, doing research.

“Hope I didn’t scare you too much, Jeremy,” she smiled.

“No,” he answered.

“I thought you could use a brake.”

“How…How long have you been in my room?”

“Only a couple of minutes,” she replied.

“Oh,” he sighed, still a little sleepy, and rubbed his head.

“But, I found something, Jeremy,” Aelita told him.

“What is it?”

“A piece of the missing message,” she said.

“Really?” Jeremy got up in excitement. “What does it say?”

“Well,” Aelita looked away from him. “I’m not really sure. I found the location of it.”

“Go on,” Jeremy looked at her and then back at the computer.

“It seems as if Xana has stolen your documents and the Franz Hopper message and hidden them in super computers all over the world. The one I found is in some ruins in South Korea. We’ll have to get there through the network.”

“Great!” Jeremy said. “The only problem is that I’ll have to reprogram the Skid.”

“Do you remember how to do that, Jeremy?” Aelita asked.

“It’s not rocket science, Aelita. Of course I do. It’ll be a piece of cake.”

“Hey guys!” The high pitched voice of Odd could be heard over the rain. “Isn’t it a lovely morning? You know, you can hear the birds and see the sun shine.”

“Your trip to the park was canceled, wasn’t it?” Jeremy sighed.

“Yes!” Odd sobbed. “Nothing can make up for it.”

“How about a trip to Lyoko and then to the ruins of South Korea?” Jeremy asked.

“Nothing can make up for it…Except for that,” Odd smiled.

“Did I just hear you say ‘trip to Lyoko’?” Ulrich asked as he, and Yumi, walked into the room.

“I did,” Jeremy laughed.

“Well then, what are we standing here for?” Yumi said. “Let’s go!”
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]