Power Surge by dobermutt
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
     “First thing’s first,” Jeremy sat down in his chair and looked at the super computer. “We have to rebuild the Skidbladnir.”

     “Uh…But that could take days, Jeremy,” Odd complained.

     “Odds right, Jeremy, couldn’t you just teleport us there like last time?” Ulrich said.

     “I’m afraid not guys,” Jeremy sighed. “Since your last trip to the replica, Xana has blocked my access to the program of teleportation. So, if you guys want to find any of that message and my documents, I suggest that you just wait until I finish rebuilding the Skid.”

     “Sounds fair,” Yumi said. “Come on guys, let’s go back to Kadic and wait until Jeremy and Aelita have finished.”

     Yumi, Odd, and Ulrich left to the elevator, while Jeremy and Aelita stayed to work on the Skid.

     “They’re rebuilding the Skidbladnir?” William asked. He was sitting across from Odd and Ulrich during lunch, Yumi was next to him.

     “They sure are,” Odd said with his mouth full of food.

     “Odd,” Ulrich looked at him with a weird face.

     “What?” Odd asked.

     “Just swallow already.”

     Odd took a big gulp and turned to Ulrich. “Better?”

     “Much,” Ulrich smiled.

     “So, how long do we have to wait?” William asked.

     “As long as it takes Mr. and Mrs. Einstein to finish,” Yumi told him.

     Ulrich and Odd just laughed.

     “’Mr. and Mrs. Einstein’,” Odd laughed. “Ha ha! Good one, Yumi.”

     “That’s…Ha ha!...Hilarious…Ha ha!” Ulrich laughed harder the more he thought about it.

     “Ha ha…Ok guys,” Yumi said. “It really wasn’t all that funny.”

     “Sure it was,” William smiled at her.

     Yumi turned red and looked away. Ulrich stopped laughing and hit Odd, who was still laughing.

     “Ow!” Odd looked at Ulrich. “What was that for, Ulrich?”

     “Stop laughing, doofus,” Ulrich told him. “It’s not funny anymore.”

     “Oh right,” Odd coughed. “Sorry.”

     “So anyways,” William said. “I hope it doesn’t take long.”

     “Me too,” Yumi agreed.

     Just at that moment, Ulrich’s phone rang.

     “Hello?” Ulrich answered. “Oh hi, Jeremy. Yeah? Already? Ok, we’ll be there.” Then he hung up his phone. “Jeremy wants to know who’s brave enough for a deep sea dive.”

     Odd got out of his seat and rushed to the door. He stopped, turned around and came back to the table.

     “Forgot my lunch,” he laughed.

     Ulrich sighed at Odd and walked to the door as well. Yumi and William followed. Jeremy and Aelita had just finished rebuilding the Skidbladnir.

     “Oh, there you guys are,” Jeremy turned around to see the others in the elevator. “I was beginning to get a little worried.”

     “’A little?’” Aelita laughed.

     “Anyways,” Jeremy said. “Better get ready. You guys are gonna go for a little swim.”
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]