Power Surge by dobermutt
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
“Everyone ready?” Jeremy asked Odd, Ulrich, and William as they stepped into the scanners.

     “Ready,” Ulrich replied.

     “Here we go,” Jeremy typed on his keyboard and sent them to sector 5.

     Odd, Ulrich, and William all landed in the round, blue and white room. Aelita and Yumi were waiting at the exit for them.

     “Ready to go?” Yumi asked.

     “You bet,” William said in an excited tone.

     “Then let’s go,” Aelita laughed.

     Everyone ran behind Aelita to the docking area. And there they saw it, the Skidbladnir. It was just the way the group (other than William) remembered it; big, blue, and beautiful. William stood in awe of this giant ship.

     “This is amazing,” he said.

     “Glad you’re impressed,” Jeremy laughed. “Inside is even more amazing, so, why not go check it out?”

     Everyone got on their teleportation spots.

     “Alright,” Jeremy typed on the keyboard again. “Ready? Energize.”

     Aelita landed in the driver’s seat and everyone else went to their usual places.

     “Oh,” William looked around in his nav-Skid. “This is so cool!”

     “Hang on tight everyone,” Aelita told them. “We’re going out!”

     “Woo hoo!” Odd cheered as Aelita floored it with the Skid. “I didn’t know we could go that fast,” he said. “But I like it!”

     “You like anything that you think is dangerous, Odd,” Ulrich laughed.

     Jeremy laughed as he watched the radar on the right side of his computer screen. “It was Aelita’s idea,” he told Odd. “More speed. Of course, I don’t see the harm in that. And so, what the heck, you guys can now go faster.”

He laughed some more and then stopped.

     “Well, what do you know?” He looked at the radar once more. A couple of red lights were coming up closer to the Skid. “Here come some of Xana’s monsters. Keep a sharp eye out.”

     “Right,” Odd laughed. “Anybody got a pencil sharpener? This way I can have a sharp eye.”

     “Oh, save it, Odd,” Ulrich sighed. “Well Aelita? How about letting us take care of these guys?”

     “Alright,” Aelita laughed. “Nav skids away.”

     The tiny ships flew away from the Skid as Ulrich, Odd, Yumi, and William went to battle. Jet streams were all that remained when the nav Skids went by. Ulrich closed in on one of the first sea monsters.

     “Alrighty little sea beast, that’s as far as you go today,” he said.

     Ulrich launched two missiles at the monster and zoomed away as the beast exploded.

     “That’s one down. Jeremy, how many are there?”

     “Umm…At least three left,” Jeremy answered.

     “Perfect!” Odd said, “One for each of us. Now watch my mad skills, Ulrich.”

     He flew through the digital sea, aiming for one monster. Zooming through water, past poles, and avoiding lasers, Odd got his missile ready.

     “Alright you little pest…”

     Woosh! Two missiles flew from the front of his nav Skid; the first one missing the monster by only an inch, the second, a direct hit.

     “Gotcha!” Odd cheered.

     “Nice job,” Jeremy said. “Alright guys, two more left. The faster we handle this the faster we can get to some real fun.”

     “No worries, Jeremy,” William laughed. “I’ve got this one.”

     “Psh,” Ulrich rolled his eyes. “He’s got spirit, I’ll give him that.”

     “Maybe he’s not that bad, Ulrich,” Odd told him.

     William zoomed out after one of the remaining monsters. The other monster came at the nav Skid’s side. William quickly pulled up before the beast rammed him. He went back down when the monster slammed into the pole and evaporated. The other monster began firing lasers at him. A few twirls and spins were all William needed to avoid being hit.

     “Say goodbye, Xana.”

     William came right on top of the monster and fired a single missile. Pow! The creature followed its friend and evaporated into waves.

     “Well,” Jeremy said. “That takes care of that. Nice job, William.”

     “Nav Skids in.”

     Aelita rotated the control stick to bring the little ships back to the Skidbladnir. After they were all attached, Aelita drove off to the replica.

 

 
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]