Power Surge by dobermutt
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
     Aelita docked the ship next to a tower in the dessert replica.

     “So Einstein,” Odd laughed. “Who’s going and who’s staying?”

     “Ummm…Any volunteers?” Jeremy asked as he rubbed his head, playing with his blond hair.

     “Oh, oh! Send me, send me!” Odd yelled in excitement.

     “Yes please, send him away,” Ulrich whined.

     “Would you like to join him, Ulrich?” Jeremy laughed again.

     “What?! No way! I just want him to go away for a little while, that’s all.”

     “Anyone else?”

     “I’ll go,” William spoke up. “I don’t remember going. So, I think it would be kinda fun.”

     “Good luck,” Yumi told him, “you too, Odd.”

     “Ah, when am I not careful?” Odd laughed.

     “All the time,” Ulrich mumbled.

     “Ok,” Jeremy interrupted. “Before this gets out of hand. Teleportation Odd. Teleportation William.”

     In a flash of light, Odd and William disappeared.

     “Can you guys hear me? Say something,” Jeremy spoke to the two ghost figures as they landed in their destination.

     “We’re good, Jeremy,” Odd replied. “We’re in South Korea…I think.”

     “Not very good at geography, huh Odd?” William laughed.

     “What? I thought that was called geometry…Oh man.”

     “Ok, focus people,” Jeremy sighed. “There should be a base located in the northern part of the forest. Go and have a look. Aelita, how are things looking on your end?”

     “We’re fine, Jeremy,” she answered. “Just make sure you keep an eye on that radar.” Aelita just laughed and then just stopped and smiled.

     Jeremy laughed. “Come on, Aelita, would I ever let you down?”

     “Uh…” Odd’s voice came up in Jeremy’s headphones. “I think we found the base. What now, Einstein?”

    “Well,” Jeremy replied. “Go have a look around, I guess.”

     “Ok.”

     Odd and William approached the base door slowly. Odd reached for the handle and pulled lightly to open it. Creak. The door didn’t open. Odd pulled harder; still nothing. He pulled with all his strength until William joined to help. The door didn’t budge an inch.

     “Uh, Jeremy,” Odd panted. “The door seems to be stuck.”

     “There must be a key or pass code to get in,” Jeremy sighed. “Hang on one second, Odd. I’ll try to figure out the problem. How are you guys doing on your end, Aelita?”

     “We’re fine, Jeremy,” Aelita answered.

     “Maybe a little bored though,” Ulrich laughed.

     “Anything yet?”

     Odd’s high, squeaky voice came over Jeremy’s intercom. Jeremy ignored him for a moment and continued typing.

     He finally spoke.

     “Um, Odd, it seems that all you need is a key…Or an easier way in. Have a look around, it can’t be that hard to find.”

     “Says the guy sitting at the computer,” Odd sighed. “Jeremy, this might take a while…We’re kinda in the middle of nowhere. It’s all jungley and, ha ha, well, isolated. This base has probably been here for a couple of years.”

     “I’ll take that as a yes, Odd. Good luck finding that key,” Jeremy laughed.

     “Right,” Odd put his head down and sighed again. “He missed everything I just said, didn’t he?” He turned to William.

     “No,” William laughed. “Let’s just look for that key.”

     Odd and William looked through the jungle; turning over rocks and leaves in search for the key. At least ten minutes went by, still nothing.  Aelita, Ulrich, and Yumi sat in the Skid and waited. Everyone was silent, until Jeremy’s voice came over the intercom.

    “Aelita, Ulrich, Yumi, you have some monsters heading your way.”

     “No problem,” Ulrich laughed. “Finally, we can do something.”

     “Ah!” Odd fused. “I can’t find that stupid key! Jeremy, is there any way to virtualize a metal detector?”

     “No, Odd. I’m afraid not,” Jeremy answered.

     “Well this is just great. Out in the middle of nowhere and…” Odd sat down and heard a clank. He quickly stood up and used his cat paws to claw away the branches and dirt. There, on the rock, was a dusty old key. Odd laughed.

     “I don’t believe it!”

     “You found it?” William asked as he walked back over to Odd.

     “Here it is. Hey Jeremy, I found the key.”

     “That’s great news, Odd,” Jeremy said. “Now hurry up and get into that base.”

     Odd and William ran back through the jungle to get to the base. After hiking over rocks, passing by trees, and paddling through a river, they finally made it back. They walked to the front and Odd held the key.

     “Here goes nothing.”

     He fit the key into the rather large key hole and turned it as far right as it would go. It made a click sound. Odd pushed on the door. Nothing happened. It didn’t even creak an inch.

     “Well,” Odd sighed. “That really was nothing.”

     “Maybe you turned it the wrong way,” William said.

     “Maybe I did,” Odd perked his big purple cat ears and went back over to the large door. He reached for the key again, this time turning it as far left as possible. Click. Odd pushed on the door again. This time, it opened.

 

 

 

 
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]