Power Surge by dobermutt
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Ulrich rushed using his super sprint to zoom towards the krabe that was firing at him.

     “Impact!”

     Boom! The krabe was taken down. Aelita and Yumi were busy fighting off hornets while Ulrich finished taking on the krabes. Meanwhile, William and Odd snuck their way through the base, one hallway after another, each looking the same. Rusty metal walls stretched from the ceiling to the floor; which were also metal. Only five or six lights lit up the pathway for each area in the base. Odd and William felt like they were going in circles.

     “Jeremy,” Odd sighed. “I don’t think we’re getting anywhere. Each room and hallway looks the same. Where is this computer?”

     “Give me a second, Odd, and I’ll find out. Ok?”

     Jeremy typed as fast as he could, searching for the computer. An alert came up after the search was completed, saying that no computers were found. Jeremy mumbled under his breath and did the search again. The second results were the same. Jeremy did a scan for viruses and then got back to Ulrich and the others.

     “How are you guys holding up?”

     “Well,” Ulrich sounded out of breath as he spoke. “I would say fantastic, but I’m not a lair. These guys just keep coming! And I have a feeling we might see tall, dark, and creepy soon. Have Odd and William found that stupid computer yet?”

     “I was running a search for it…Nothing came up. Xana must have blocked my scanner. And now it says that it’s detected a virus in my search program. Ugh! This can’t get any worse.”

     “Uh, Jeremy,” Odd’s voice came into Jeremy’s ear. “Tall, dark, and creepy is here.”

     “Guess Ulrich was right,” Jeremy sighed and then spoke to Odd. “Hang in there, Odd and William. Hide or do something else to avoid him. I’ll have to find the computer manually.”

     “Alright, Einstein.”

     Odd and William snuck through the base again. This time even more carefully though. Seth walked quietly through the hallways in search of them. He carried his sword with the blade slung over his shoulder. His bright red Xana eyes examined ever inch of the base. Still, Odd and William remained hidden, for the time being.

     “Gah! I can’t find that computer! Oh, darn it…more krabes,” Jeremy sighed as he switched his microphone to talk to Ulrich. “Ulrich, you’ve got more company.”

     “Oh great,” Ulrich sighed. “Man, Xana is like a genie or something. When you wish for action you’d better be careful. This is more than I asked for.”

     “Energy field!”

     Bang! Another hornet exploded from Aelita’s impact.

     “What? You mean there are more of them? This is getting ridiculous!”

     “Oh, it passed ridiculous a long time ago, Aelita,” Yumi sighed.

     “Jeremy,” Odd’s high squeaky voice came into the head piece again. “How’s that search going? I don’t know how much longer we can keep hiding.”

     “Uh…Just a few more minutes, ok Odd? I have to do the search myself because my program has a virus.”

     “Personally, I don’t like hide and seek,” Odd whined, “Especially not with Xana.”

     “Well,” said William. “As long as we don’t get found, there’s no harm in the game.”

     “True.”

     “Ok, ok,” Jeremy said to them. “I think I’ve found it! Eh, Odd, William, the room in which I think the computer is located is south of your current position. Head down the hallway that you are in and then turn left into the third hallway down.”

     “Ok, down and then left?” Odd asked.

     “Exactly.”

     “Oky doky,” Odd laughed and then ran down the hallway with William.

     “Ouch!”

     Ulrich slid across the floor after being hit by a laser.

     “Ugh! This is stupid! Jeremy, how much longer?”

     “Not too much I hope,” Jeremy responded.

     “Ok Jeremy,” this time William’s voice came into his ear. “We made it to the room.”

      “Do you see a computer?” Jeremy asked and crossed his fingers, hoping that he was right.

     “Yeah, there’s a computer in here.”

     “Great! If you can find its number code and send it to me, I can retrieve the message. And then you guys can blow it sky high!”

     “Sounds like fun,” Odd laughed.

     He walked over to the computer with William and stared at it. It looked old enough. But, when the lights flashed across the screen it was like something out of Star Wars. Piles of data scrolled across the large computer screen and then stopped. Two icons appeared on the right hand side of the desktop. One said “Admin” the other said “Classified”. William dusted off the mouse and put his hand on it. He moved the pointer to the top right of the screen and clicked on the folder labeled “Admin.”

 

 

 

 

 
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]