Power Surge by dobermutt
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
“Oh great,” William sighed. “We need a password.”

     “If I were a South Korean secret military agent, what would my password be?” Odd asked. He put his finger to his mouth and shifted his eyes towards the ceiling in thought.

     “Any ideas, Jeremy?” William asked.

     “Give me a second,” Jeremy rapidly typed on his keyboard. “Let’s see if I can hack this.”

     Odd tapped his foot up and down as he waited for Jeremy to say something. “Well…Anything?”

     “Uh, nothing yet,” Jeremy answered. “William, try the manufacture date. Maybe that will work.”

     William had Odd read the date on the back of the monitor, as he typed the numbers into the password slot. Then he pushed the rusty “enter” key. It took the computer only a few seconds before it came up with “Incorrect password.”

     “Wow! For an old computer it runs pretty quickly,” said Odd.

     “Alright guys,” Jeremy spoke to Odd and William. “I found a code, it’s a couple of numbers…They stand for something. But, the only problem is I don’t know what.”

     “Well, give us the numbers Einstein. We’ll try to figure this out.”

     “Ok. The numbers are, 20, 15, 23, 5, and 18.”

     “Eh, maybe this is harder than I thought,” Odd complained. “Got any ideas, William?”

     “Hmmm…Let me think,” William answered as he placed his finger against his mouth.

     “I’ll ask Aelita and come back to you guys,” Jeremy said. He switched his speaker to Ulrich and the others. “Aelita?”

     “Jeremy? Oh, what’s taking so long?” she asked as she avoided monsters and lasers.

     “We have a bit of a problem. The message is locked in a computer folder and we need a password. I found it, however it’s all in a number code. Think you can help?”

     “I can try. Give me the number code.”

     “And tell Odd and William to hurry!” Ulrich yelled. “It’s getting crazy over here.”

     Jeremy gave Aelita the numbers, sat back in his seat, and waited for an answer from her.

     “How interesting,” Aelita finally spoke. “The numbers could represent words or even letters.”

     “I’m gonna go with letters,” Jeremy sighed. “Hang on one second. Odd, William? You guys still there?”

     “No, while you were talking to Aelita we went to Alaska…Of course we’re still here,” Odd laughed.

     “I could do without the sarcasm, Odd. Anyways, Aelita said it could be a code for letters.”

     “So, each number would represent a letter in the alphabet?” William asked.

     “Exactly.”

      “Oh good,” Odd sighed in relief. “I know my ABCs.”

      “Eh, ok. Good for you. That might come in handy for the rest of your life, Odd,” Jeremy laughed.

      “So, 20?” William asked as he turned to Odd.

     Odd paused for a moment and looked up in thought. “T.” He replied.

     William typed the first letter into the password slot.

     “15.”

     Odd thought again and then spoke. “O.”

     William typed in the second letter.

     “23.”

     “Ummm…W.”

     More typing.

     “5.”

     “E.”

     “And 18.”

     “R! TOWER; the word is tower!” Odd cheered in excitement.

      William clicked on the rusty enter key once more. This time, the password was correct.

     “Nice going guys,” Jeremy said. “Now find and send me the message and then you can destroy the super computer.”

     “Oky doky,” Odd replied.

     “I have an idea, Odd,” said William. “Why don’t you go keep watch for Seth?”

     “Ok. I’ll make some loud noise if I see him.”

     “You mean louder than the ones you’re already making,” William whispered to himself and turned back to the computer screen.

     After searching through the files, William finally found the message document. He clicked on send and Jeremy began uploading the file on his computer disk. But, right as the file was being downloaded, Odd made an extremely loud, and irritating noise. William turned to him.

     “What’s wrong, Odd?”

     “Here he comes!”

     Seth ran into the room right as William picked up his sword.

     “Odd,” William shouted as he slashed his sword at Seth. “Watch the computer to make sure the download finishes.”

     “Right.”

     Odd rushed over to the computer and watched the download bar.

     “How much longer, Odd?” Jeremy asked.

     “The bar is at 21percent, Jeremy.”

     “Um, Odd, you just lost William.”

     Odd gulped and slowly turned around to see Seth walking towards him.

     “Ah!”

     Odd jumped out of the way before Seth stabbed him. Smash! The computer was destroyed by Seth’s sword.

     “Oh, no,” Odd’s eyes widened and he ran with fear.

     The download bar on Jeremy’s computer disappeared. Jeremy quickly leaned forward in distress.

     “Odd, what just happened?”

     “Um, we lost the computer. Seth kinda blew it up. No worries, Jeremy, I’m on my way to find the super computer.”

     “I would say I’m not worried at all, but you’re going the wrong way.”

     “Oops. My bad, Jeremy. Where is this thing?” Odd’s voice became high and squeaky.

     “North of your current location.”

     “Ok. I’m going.”

     He ran the other direction, avoiding Seth as much as possible. Down endless, colorless hallways, Odd thought he was going in circles. But, then he finally ran past one big door.

     “Whoa, Odd! Stop!” Jeremy told him.

     “What? What’s wrong?” Odd stopped in confusion.

     “That was it; you just passed the super computer door.”

     “Oh, really? I’ll go back.”

     Odd walked back to the door. It was larger than the others he had passed, but it remained the same color and shape as the rest. On the right hand side of the door there was a key pad. The size was only as big as Odd’s hand with the screen flashing red. Odd carefully placed his hand on the key pad. It scanned his palm, making Odd laugh slightly from the feeling. He removed his hand and another password slot appeared on the screen.

     “Oh great,” Odd sighed. “I need another password, Jeremy.”

     “Got it. This time it’s four letters,” Jeremy replied. “Y, B, O, B.”

     “Eh, ybob? What the heck is ybob?”

     “Odd, you’ll have to decode it first.”

     “It must be one more letter. If it is, than the code would be Xana.”

     “Good thinking, Odd,” Jeremy laughed. “Give it a try.”

     Odd typed in the four letters X A N A. The key pad became green and the door slid open. Odd quietly stepped inside and the door behind him closed.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]