Power Surge by dobermutt
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
 The room was dark. Suddenly, a light appeared from the computer in the room. The only other light in the room was one on the ceiling; but still, the light was fading into a dim flicker. Walls of steel ran up and down the long, narrow room, and at the end, there was the computer. Bigger than any computer he had ever seen, Odd approached it carefully. He almost tiptoed, but, no-the-less, he remained in the light coming from the machine in front of him.

“Jeremy,” he whispered. “You should see this thing. It’s big, powerful, and well armored. My finger is the size of the icons on the screen. I think we’ll have trouble destroying it.”

“No need to whisper, Odd,” Jeremy responded. “Can you tell what model it is?”

Odd walked slowly to the back of the giant computer monitor. His eyes scanned up and down the back of it. He almost went crazy looking for any writing, until he came across a few characters, 전류 파동.

“Uh…Some Korean name,” Odd sighed. “And, as you probably know, I can’t read Korean.”

“Umm…Let’s see. This is an old base, there’s got to be some paper in there somewhere. Maybe you could write it down for me.”

“I’ll look.”

Odd searched the room for anything he could find to write on. He stumbled across a piece of charcoal. Carefully, Odd picked it up.

“This should work. Now for paper…”

He filed through old, broken pieces of the building, looking for paper.

“Ouch!”

Odd looked down, since it was dark he didn’t see anything. So, he bent down and reached for the object in front of him.

“Something wrong, Odd?” Jeremy asked in concern.

“I just stubbed my foot on something,” Odd sighed and looked at the piece of steel. “It’s just a piece of the building.”

He readied himself to throw the thing.

“Wait!” Jeremy yelled.

“What?” Odd asked.

“Is it smooth?”

“Relatively. Why?”

“You could write on that.”

“Good thinking, Einstein,” Odd laughed and began to copy down the characters printed on the monitor. “Stupid charcoal,” he grumbled. “It’s hard to write with.”

“I would think so,” Jeremy laughed. “Uh…Not to rush you or anything, Odd, but Ulrich is the last one left on the replica. And Seth is coming your way.”

“Approximately how much time do you think I have?” Odd asked as wrote faster, trying to get the characters on the steel.

“I would say 50 seconds. You might wanna speed things up.”

“Doh!” Odd began to write faster and press the charcoal harder.

“Jeremy,” Ulrich panted and moved to avoid being hit. “How's he doing? Can Odd destroy the computer yet?”

“Um...Well, there's nothing that can destroy this computer that we see. So, Odd is righting the name of the computer type,” Jeremy sighed.

“What? Why don't you just go with my method? He he...Whoa!” Ulrich moved away quickly from the krabes large claw. He rushed at it swinging his sword and cutting off the front claw. The krabe disappeared as Ulrich leaped, throwing one of his swords at the monster.

“That takes care of that,” Ulrich smirked.

“Your method, Ulrich? Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try...Maybe. Oh, by the way, more monsters are heading your way...Megatanks by the looks of it.”

“Great, just tell Odd to be as destructive as possible. That might work. And if this computer has a backup generator, tell him to hurry.”

“Gotcha. Odd, can you hear me?”

“What? Oh it's you, Jeremy.”

“Did you write it?” Jeremy asked.

“Huh? Oh yeah, yeah...I got it!”

“Great, now listen, you get to be like Ulrich, I need you to try to destroy the computer. Can you do that?”

“Ok, but I'm gonna do this my way...Not Ulrich's.”

Jeremy sighed, “Just do it quickly.”

Odd put his hand on his other arm and took aim, his tail was swishing back and forth. He twitched his ears and smiled, showing his cat teeth.

“This is how to it...The Odd way.”

He let it go, a bolt of power in the shape of an arrow. Odd went a step back after firing his laser arrow. Smoke came from the computer just as Seth came through the door.

“Ha ha! You're too late now, Seth, Odd laughed. I destroyed the computer.” Odd laughed and picked up the rock with writing on it.

“Oh really? Are you sure?” Seth smiled an evil grin.

Odd frowned and turned towards the computer. A few sparks were seen and smoke from being hit with the arrow. Then, in a flash, the smoke evaporated and the sparks disappeared. The computer now shown a light red. Odd's eyes widened and he stepped back one, but he quickly turned his head to make sure he wasn't in reach of Seth.

On Lyoko, Ulrich was battling megatanks.

“This is all to easy,” Ulrich laughed.

Suddenly, the megatanks began to glow a light red like the computer.

“Uh, Jeremy, what's going on? The monsters are...glowing?”

“No idea...I think it has something to do with the computer.”

“Eh he, I was only joking...I didn't really want this to be any harder. Oh man, that's like the second time I've done that.”

“Brace yourself, Ulrich,” Jeremy warned him. “This could get rough.”

“Oh no,” Odd sighed. “What just happened?”

“It's the power of Xana,” Seth laughed. “Now there's no escape.”

Odd looked around and stared at the door behind Seth.

“There's always an escape as long as there's a door!”

He ran past Seth and out the door just before it closed. Seth quickly ran after him.

“Jeremy, I need a backup plan!” Odd complained.

“Umm...As far as backup goes, I haven't really thought this through. Let's see. Ulrich, how are you doing for time?”

“Well,” Ulrich panted again. “I'm trying to give the little squeaker as much time as he needs. How long does Odd need exactly? Because these megatanks are like something from Dragon Ball Z...”

“In what way, Ulrich? They all have halos?” Jeremy laughed.

“No, they never die! It's this red glowing thing...It's almost like a shield. No matter how many times you hit them they don't lose life points.”

“I see, same effects as the computer...” Jeremy sighed and switched his microphone over to talk to Odd. “Odd, I just came up with a backup plan.”

“This had better be good, Einstein.”

“Oh it is. You need to come back to the Skid, it's time to get out of here.”

“What!? Retreat? Are you out of your mind? Why do a stupid thing like that?”

“Just trust me, Odd. Ulrich is running out of options and I don't know how much longer you can keep this up. You only have a limited amount of time to be there if you remember.”

“Ok, fine. I'm coming back, tell Ulrich to hold the monsters off until then.”

He ran back towards Seth, holding the piece of rock tightly as he charged head on.

“Ha! You're mine now, cat boy!” Seth swung his giant sword at Odd.

“Ah!” Odd disappeared along with the piece rock.

“Ok,” Jeremy typed on this keys. “Time to take this ship back. Ready, Ulrich?”

The megatanks charged at lightning speed and fired at Ulrich.

“Oh!” Ulrich vanished in a second as the beam hit him.

“Oh great!” Jeremy sighed. “Odd, Odd! Wake up, Odd!”

Odd didn't wake up and the megatanks got ready to fire once more, this time at the Skid.

“My controls are jammed...I can't navigate the Skid from my computer. It's probably because of that stupid computer.”

“What are we going to do?” Aelita asked.

Just then, the tower turned white and the Skid took off.

“Franz Hopper, thank goodness,” Jeremy sighed in relief. “As soon as Odd gets back we can find a solution.”
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]