Power Surge by dobermutt
[Reviews - 2]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Odd stepped out of the scanner. The room was a little dark. “Light must be out,” he thought. As he walked he heard a thud. Turning around, Odd noticed a large piece of brick, or iron, on the floor.

“What's this?” he asked as he picked up the large item. “Oh! It's my rock.”

“You got it?”

He heard the voice of Jeremy through the speakers.

“Yeah. Yeah, I got it.”

“Great! You can come join the rest of us up here anytime now.”

“Oh, right. I'm coming.”

The elevator door slid open and Odd stepped out, the piece of rock still in his hand. He walked over to Jeremy, who was still sitting in his chair, and showed him the messy writing on the rock.

“Hmmm...” Jeremy put his hand over his mouth in thought. “Let's do a little search.”

“What do you think it means, Jeremy?” Aelita asked.

“Don't know yet. We'll find out though, won't we?”

“Too bad I don't speak or read Koren,” Yumi sighed. “Only Japanese.”

“Well,” Ulrich sighed. “At least you're ahead of me.”

“I only know French,” William admitted.

“Ok,” Jeremy broke their conversation. “I got it! These characters stand for a name.”

“A name...Of a person?” Odd asked as everyone gathered around Jeremy.

“No, the name of a machine.”

“What kind of machine?” Ulrich looked at his friend in question.

“A computer.”

“Well,” William whispered. “What do the characters say?”

“Only two words,” Jeremy answered. “Power Surge.”

“What's that?” Yumi asked.

“Apparently, the name of the computer. Power Surge was a project computer designed by Koren scientists. It's main function was to create weapons and machine objects of mass destruction. It was also used to preform tasks and help them gain knowledge by preforming dangerous experiments.”

“How do you know so much about this computer, Jeremy?” Ulrich asked.

“I've studied Koren technology before. This computer is based on an earlier project called Power Minimum. Obviously, Xana has a plan for this little, but powerful, piece of equipment. The question is, what?”

“It must be something big,” William said.

“And?” Aelita asked. “How do we get rid of the thing? It still holds part of that message.”

Jeremy sighed. “Not sure. Even though this computer is eighty-years-old, it's still powerful enough to cause great devastation to the world. I'll have to look into it some more. Guess who's gonna be doing some research on Korean technology?”

“Most likely you,” Ulrich laughed. “I wouldn't know the difference between an Apple and a Mac. Other than the symbols of course, but that's about it.”

“Really?” Odd asked in shock. “There's a difference? I had no idea.”

Yumi sighed. “No wonder we let Jeremy and Aelita handle everything.”

“You're telling me,” William laughed in agreement.

“Odd,” Ulrich whispered. “You're making me look dumb in front of Yumi.”

“Oh no,” Odd whispered back. “You did that yourself, good buddy.”

Ulrich looked away from Odd and shrugged.

“Well then,” Jeremy said to his friends as he stood up out of his chair. “I guess I'll work on this tomorrow.”

“You mean,” Aelita starred at him with a surprised look. “You're going back to Kadic? Without working? Without complaining? Just...going? With us? You're not planning on spending all night here?”

Jeremy laughed. “No, no. I'm sure. I'm coming back with you guys.”

He walked out the of the factory with his friends. He turned to Aelita, who was walking next to him, and smiled. Aelita blushed and smiled back. He held her hand as they returned back to Kadic.

 

*End*

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]