The New Girl by zukogirl6
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is about how Kaitie feels Jeremie, Yumi, and Aelita are keeping something from her. She tries to prove that she's trustworthy, and she'll do anything for the first freinds in her life.

Jeremie, Aleita, and Kaitie walked along the hallways of Kadic. Jeremie was almmost bursting with desire to ask who had won the argument the previous day. But he didn't dare, knowing that Kaitie would ask a question. She could tell, though, the way Jeremie and Aelita were talking, that they were hiding something important. Nevertheless, she said nothing about it. Jeremie was just talking about programming when they reached Aelita's classroom and bade her goodbye. Kaitie and Jermie walked along in silence. Then Kaitie spoke.

"What class do you have next?" 

"Gym. You?"

"Same."

"OK."

"You know, you, Aelita and Yumi are the first freinds I've ever had."

"Really?" Jeremie looked at her incredulously. He was surprsed to hear such a thing.

"Yeah. People at my old school thought that I was too smart to be anybody's freind. I even made my gifted teacher yell out loud."

"People call me a pure genius."

"Same here."

"Um... let's walk to class together."

"Fine with me."

 _____________________________________________________________________________

After all their classes of the day, they met up with Yumi and Ulrich. Jeremie introduced her to Ulrich, and they all walked to their dorms. Yumi went home. Around 8:00, Kaitie knocked on Jeremie's door, hoping that he was still awake. He answered the door, a smile on his face.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure why not. I just finished this program to-"

Jeremie's eyes widened. I might as well die right here and now, he thought to himself. He had almost forgotten she wasn't one of them.

"Uh... well... I, Um..."

"You've been hiding something from me all day! I, for one, am one of the ost loyal and trustworthy people you could meet."

For the first time that day, they made eye contact. A sudden jolt ran through Kaitie, and Jeremie was all she could see. Before she knew it, he was more cute than the average boy. Behind his eyes she could see a life full of daring, risks, and danger. She wanted no more than  to know his secret and all about him, no matter how much it would change her life. Then she snapped back to reality when he spoke, and she took in his voice, wanting to soak in it.

"I promise, sincerely, Kaitie, I will for sure one day tell you. I wish I could tell you," he closed his eyes, and felt the tears burning behind them, "I wish I could tell everyone, but this secret is too fragile for anyone to know. I need permission from the others."

"And I promise I will prove to be trustworthy. I will do anything for you, and anyone else in your group. You are the first freind I ever had in my life. I want to prove you can tell me your secret."

"I promise. I will."

When Kaitie saw the sadness on his face, she wanted nothing more than to kiss him on the cheek, tell him there was nothing to worry for. But she withdrew herself and left the room.

That night she had a dream.

And Jeremie was the only person in it. 

 

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]