The New Girl by zukogirl6
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

"I am responsible for everything I think, say, do, feel, and believe. That is all I am responsible for, and I am the only one responsible for it."

-Matthew LaveryHMS Math Teacher

 

It was about after dinner, and Jeremie, once again, was working on Aelita's anti-virus. He typed away, and clicked a few icons to try the program out. It was supposed to search Aelita inside-out for the virus and near-destroy XANA at the same time. He was in the middle of the search program when he heard a snarling outside of his room. He didn't want to take his eyes off the computer screen, so he said nothing. A few minutes later, he heard a screaming outside the door, and Kaitie burst in, slamming the door behind her. Jeremie jumped up and she backed against him. He felt something warm on his wrist, and to his horror it was covered in blood.

Jeremie grabbed Kaitie by the shoulders and whirled her around. A giant scratch was traced from the middle of her chest to the top of her stomach. Jeremie shoved her on his bed.

"Stay there!"

He threw one of his drawers open and pulled out a few clean shirts. he then wrapped it around Kaitie's torso and secured the makeshift cast with some tape he found laying around.

"What went on out there?" he asked, and it took Kaitie time to speak.

"A-a giant... r-rabbit."

"What?"

He inched his door open, and sure enough he saw the familiar mark in black rabbit eyes, and he slammed the door shut in XANA's face. He whispered the virus' name under his breath.

"What's going on?" Kaitie asked, and she felt that she was about to learn the big secret. To pass time, Jeremie answered and told her all about XANA and Aelita and Franz Hopper. And soon the snorting of XANA died away in the hallway and they were free to go.

The duo tiptoed past the sleeping vermin, afraid to wake the virus. The first stop afterwards was Aelita's room. After she was awake and ready to go, they readied Ulrich and Odd. Aelita called Yumi and they were all at the factory. Then, on the elevator, Ulrich mentioned something about Kaitie.

"She should make some use of herself. Jeremie, whenwe go back in time we could use some help," he suggested. Jeremie nodded in agreement. They all did. Kaitie didn't like the way they all stared at her, and shrank into the shadows. "What do you mean?"

Jeremie smiled warmly, "I could teach you everything I know about Lyoko. You would be a perfect replacement." A promise she woud never remember.

"Yeah," said Odd, "but how could she remember everything when we do go back in time?"

"I'll program it into her," Jeremie said hopefully, "just like I did all of you."

That night Jeremie showed her things she would never remember. She had a scab that would never come into her life again, even though it would wellbe a scar. Nad before she knew it, Jeremie said five unforgettable words. Another tower had been de-activated.

"Return to the past now."

 

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]