The Spider's Blood by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

       Ulrich looked outside of his room. When no one was around, he went back inside his room and grabbed his walet.  

      He opened the window and climed out onto the fire excape.

       He climbed down and got to the street. The taxie he called a mineut ago was roling down the hill to pick him up.  

     ‘’Kadic Acadimie, Please.’’ Ulrich told the driver as he shut the door.  

     They drove around for a while and got on I67. That’s when they got stuck in traffic. Horns honked in all directions. People yelling as Ulrch sat back in the seat and pulled out his cell phone.   

    He diled a number and waited.    

   ‘‘Hi Ulrich.’’ I answered 

      ‘’Hey, it might be a while.’’ Ulrich said.   

    ‘’You’re on I67 right?’’ I asked him looking at a news report. 

      ‘’How’d you know?’’   

     ‘’Odd’s in that same traffic.’’ I told him ‘’Seven car pile up.’’  

     ‘’Well I got time to waist, not money but I guess I’m waisting that too.’’ Ulrich said. ’’ What happened?’’  

     ‘’Some lady got stuck in the middle lane,’’ I said ‘’and then a car ran into her and five more ran into that.’’       ‘’Are they working at cleaning it up?’’    

    ‘’Yeah, but it just happened so it’ll be a while.’’ I said looking at the screen. ’’How far are you?’’  

     ‘’I haven’t even gotten out of Sèvres.’’ Ulrich said, ’’Is it blocking both sides?’’   

    ‘’Yeah, that’s where Odd is.’’ I told him.  

     ‘’And it all started with some broken down woman’s car, great!’’ Ulrich said. 

       ‘’To bad you can’t just walk.’’ I said with a laugh. ‘’You’d probably get here befor Odd.’’ 

      ‘’Atualy, I think I will.’’ Ulrich said and hung up. He put it back in his pocket and got his walet out.  

     ‘’Sir.’’ he said to the driver, ’’Here’s your money. I’ll walk.’’ 

      The driver took the money and Ulrich got out of the taxie. He got over to the shoulder of the road and started to walk.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]