Code: Harkness by Trickster88
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Aelita is still in Lyoko.

Shippo is my BETA. Enjoy!

NOTE: Swearing may occur in later chapters. If it gets heated, I will change the rating accordingly.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Shippo BETA'd. Thanks!

BTW-First Code Lyoko fic.
Chapter 1

"Jeremy?" Ulrich's head popped in Jeremy's doorway. "You awake?"

Jeremy's blond head stuck out of the twisted comforter, hair ruffled and sticking up in different directions. He snored softly, glasses uncharacteristically discarded carelessly upon the nightstand.

"Jeremy?" Ulrich said gently, approaching slowly. Jeremy groaned, stirring infinitesimally. Ulrich laid a hand on his shoulder, shaking him softly until he surfaced. Jeremy gazed up in confusion, and Ulrich couldn't help but smile at the innocence present in Belpois' face.

Unfortunately, it was only a matter of seconds before Jeremy realized what was going on and promptly sat up, shook his hair back into place, and carefully reasserted the glasses upon the bridge of his nose.

"Good morning, Ulrich. Thanks for the wake-up call." Ulrich let the smile drop and stood up.

"You're welcome. But we need to hurry up or Odd will eat all the bacon." Jeremy nodded with a small smile, making to stand up as well when his feet caught in the tangled mess of the comforter and he landed in a jumble in the floor. Jeremy cried out in pain.

Ulrich helped him sit back up on the bed.

"You alright?" Jeremy shook his head, a hint of a blush creeping onto his cheeks.

"I think I might have twisted something." Ulrich helped Jeremy up, wordlessly, and slowly they limped down the hall toward the nurse's office.

***

Eventually, they made it to the door. Ulrich wondered where the hell Odd could have gotten to, but knowing him he was probably in the mess hall scarfing down a 67 course breakfast.

"Hello. What have we got here?" An unfamiliar man in a white coat turned around as the two children entered the office.

"He twisted something. Where's Nurse Perraudin?" Ulrich asked.

"I don't know. I'm the new nurse here." Ulrich and Jeremy exchanged a glance, and the man waved at them.

"Doctor Owen Harper at your service. Twisted, you say?" Owen gestured to the bed. "Let's take a look at it."

***

20 Minutes later Ulrich and Jeremy headed off to class. They had missed breakfast while the new Doctor Harper prodded Jermey's leg and produced a brace packed with ice for his ankle. He gave him some medicine to help the swelling go l down faster with the ice and dismissed them, but Jeremy still had to get dressed. Ulrich resisted the urge to sigh as his stomach grumbled loudly. He shifted in discomfort.

"Sorry." Jeremy said for the hundreth time, carefully sliding his pants on over the ice pack so as not to dislodge it. Ulrich shrugged, but made no comment.

"I wonder where Nurse Perraudin transferred." Jeremy mused, finally working his leg through the tan pants. He pulled off his pajama top and slipped on a sweater.

"Ready?" Ulrich asked, wondering if he had enough time to swing by the snack machine after he walked Jeremy to science class.

"Yeah." Ulrich put an arm under Jeremy's shoulder and led him out the door, shouldering both backpacks. They limped down the hall.

Just another typical day at Kadic Boarding School.
Chapter End Notes:
Constructive criticism/love is appreciated! :)
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]