Code: Harkness by Trickster88
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter for tonight. I like this one a lot. :)

Shippo BETA'd. Thanks!
Chapter 3

"Shit." Jack muttered as he looked at the lesson plan Tosh had come up with. He couldn't understand any of it. Absolute inequalities? Linear equations? What the hell was this garbage? Did these kids even have recess?

His class shuffled in and Jack shook his head.

"IAN-oh yeah." Jack half yelled before realizing the coffee boy wasn't there. Two boys slowly limped in, one leaning heavily on the other. Their eyes widened and they gave him a funny look. Jack smiled, all teeth. They hurried to their desks.

"I'm Mr. Harkness, and this is Math isn't it?" He glanced at the plan on his desk. Complicated problems swimmed in front of his eyes. He looked back at the class.

"Oh well. Let's not worry about that." He said, flicking the papers into the trash can next to his desk. Jack paced in front of the children.

"So, do whatever you want." Jack gave them all a charming smile before heading back to his desk. A pigtailed girl raised her hand. Jack nodded to her.

"Yes...?" She didn't smile.

"Heïdi. The new Home Ec teacher is outside the door." Jack saw the two limping boys mouths drop open and look at each other with loaded glances. He moved to open the door.

"You called?" Ianto said dryly. Jack gave him a crooked smile.

Without another word, Ianto handed him a steaming cup of coffee and turned on his heel to walk back down the corridor. Jack shook his head in amusement, shut the door, and returned to his desk with the coffee.

The class was quiet for a minute, looking at each other as if to decide whether or not the free time was a trap, and if they would get in trouble. Jack pulled out a Time magazine and propped his legs up on the desk.

The purple haired boy of the two limping boys hand shot up. Jack looked at him.

"Yes...?" He hadn't looked at the seating chart, and he didn't really intend to.

"Odd. Can we leave?" Odd pointed at the other boy he had helped in.

"Why?" Jack asked, taking a sip of the coffee. Odd looked at the other boy, who didn't seem to be able to come up with a suitable excuse either.

"We're going to go make out. Can we be excused?" Odd blurted out calmly. Jack choked on his coffee, and the class tittered.

"Uh, yeah, um-" Jack coughed again. Not that he was against gay rights, that should be obvious, but seriously?! That kid had some balls and a kick of creativity to come up with an excuse like that.

Then again, maybe it wasn't an excuse. The other boy was blushing like crazy and Odd practically dragged him out of the classroom.

Ok, he did drag him out of the classroom. What was wrong with his leg anyway?

And why was Jack getting the feeling something just wasn't right with those kids?
Chapter End Notes:
Comments are love.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]