The End Battle by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 3]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
       Agents stood their posts as two coffins were moved to under the tent.

  

     Following close behind was the friends and familys, all in black, three babies among the eleven.

      They took their seats, closest to the front where Sam and Antea's bodies laid, behind the podium.

      Aelita looked towards her father, next to her, and saw a tear run down his check. She took her father's hand and sqweeded it tight to reasure him.

       Franz looked down at his daughter and smiled, wiping away the tear with his free hand.

  

     Vev. Allen Baker cleared his throat before begining.

      "Friends, family. We have all gathered here today, not to morn, but to rejoice, because we know for a fact that both of these women have gone to heaven to be with God." Vev. Baker started. "And they help us realize that it's not the end, but the begining. The begining of three new lives. The begining of a world without danger. Franz?"

      Franz stood up from his seat next to Aelita, taking his hand back from her's, and took his place behind the potium, ready to explain what killed the two behind him.

       "As you remember from the news, a computer virus called Xana possessed Sam and Odd's daughtor, Samantha. Many years ago I created Xana in an adtempted to destory a military project. I lost control of it and it tryed to take over the world. Everyone in this tent and across the world ows thanks to the men and women sitting on the front row and the two women behind me. Xana had taken me as prisoner and gave my daughtor and her friends the fight aganst Xana."

      "If Xana is so powerful, why not destory his powersorce?! Why let him kill my daughtor?!" Mrs. Knight cried from her seat.

  

     "His powersorce was a supercomputer running on urainum. Not an easy machine to totaly distory." Franz said. "And if we had just "pulled the plug", as they say, than another mischeveus child might come around and turn it back on." Franz took a breath before continuing. "But what I'm trying to say is that these two women risked their lives four all of ours...four all of your lives. Sam Knight was a new friend of mine. I hate to say I only knew her for a few days before Xana took her life.

       "My wife, Antea..." Franz took a second to wipe away the tears forming in his eyes before continuing. "Back in 1989 I thought I lost her. While I was prisoner we were reuited. Only one day before she died had we been able to free her from Lyoko. She was a wonderful wife, a beautiful woman, and a caring mother to our daughtor. And if I never had met her all those years ago, I probably wouldn't even be here today. But, even with everything that has happened in the past few weeks, I wouldn't change a thing. I'm sure that's how Antea would've wanted it."

       It was silent as Franz walked back towards his chair. He stood in front of it and looked towards Antea and Sam as he started to clap.

      Mr. Knight stood up, apploding, not for Franz, but for his daughtor and Antea's sacrefice. Many people, Odd one of the first, stood up, apploding.

~~~

      "Mr. Hopper. I'm sorry." Mrs. Knight said, stopping the man.

  

     "Sorry for what?" Franz asked, smiling at the woman.

      "For that out burst when you were speaking." Mrs. Knight said.

      "It was nothing but emotion." Franz said. "I'm sorry for what happened."

      "From what I've heard, you creating Xana at the time, was the best idea." Mr. Knight said, walking up behind his wife. "Were you able to get ahold of your wife's family?"

      "No." Franz admited. "The last I heard they were living in America, but I haven't heard back."

      "But thank you." Mrs. Knight said.

      "Of course." Franz said, nodding his head.

      The two walked off, leaving Franz alone, finding his daughtor and granddaughtor had gone off.

      Franz went over to Antea's casket and brushed a little of her pink hair away from her face. Franz closed his eyes and remembered when he had first met this woman. She had just entered collage and was just barely an adult.

      "Hey, your Franz Hopper, no?" Antea asked, sitting down her books at the cafiteria table.

       Franz looked over the rim of his glasess, his head still tilted towards the paper he was working on writing. His eyes widdened as he saw the beauty of this pink haired woman. "Yes, and you are?"

      "Antea Dupont." Antea said. "Do you mind if I sit here? I missed dinner again."

       "If you don't mind sitting next to an old man, like myself." Franz said, smiling as he lifted his head to look right at her as she sat down.

      Franz opened his eyes and realized someone was standing close by. He looked up and saw his son-in-law.

       "How long have you been standing there?" Franz asked, taking off his glasess so that he could wipe away the tears.

      "Only for a minute." Jeremie said, walking closer so that he was standing next to the man. "I wish I had known her for longer. For years Aelita told me stories about her. Random things that she could remember got writen down on my tack board in my old room, back during high school."

      "I wish I could've given Aelita all of her memories back. I realized not long after I had to move into the network that I never got to tell you her birthday." Franz said. "Both of us were terable cooks and I'm sure Aelita had her fair shair of burnt food. Back then, I could've sworn that my taste budes had died by burnt. Or when Jean-Pierre had gotten all of us to bring our children to work."

      "The photo of you and Aelita in front of the science room chalk board." Jeremie guessed.

       "That was one of them. The equation behind us was for Lyoko."

      "It rebuted the system." Jeremie said, remembering using it while his friends were on Lyoko to try to stop Aelita while she was posessed by Xana.

       "So it's all over, huh?" Franz asked. "Over so we can start a new begining."

      "Just as Vev. Baker said." Jeremie said, looking at the older man. "Come on, Aelita will be wondering what happened to us."

      Franz smiled, closing Antea's casket for the grave digers to burry her.

 The End
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]