The End Battle by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 3]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

       They had finished showing Franz the house and were all in the living room.       "I like what you've done to the place, I really do." Franz said, patting the armrest of the cream chair he was sitting in. 

      "Thanks." Jeremie said. 

      The baby in Yumi's arms started to cry, getting everyone's attention. Yumi started to rock the child in her arms to get it to go back to sleep. 

      "Alowe me, I've been good with children." Franz said, getting up and going over to Yumi across the room.  

     "Uhm, alright." Yumi said, giving the child to him.  

     As soon as the baby was in Franz's arms, it instantly fell quiet and went to sleep.

       Franz smiled at the little girl in his arms. He looked at Yumi and asked, "What's her name?"

       "Karri."

       "Karri, that's a nice name." Franz said. 

      "Franz, what happened?" Odd asked, getting the man's attention. "Last thing we knew was that you had died with Xana."

       "Xana, who's Xana?" Sam asked. "Odd, will you explain how you all know Aelita's dad."

       Franz looked over to the black skined woman, the only person in the room that actually looked her age, and said, "I'm sorry, I don't believe we've meet. My name is Franz Hopper." 

      "Sam, ah, Samantha Knight." Sam said.

       "The whole thing started just after I said good bye at the airport." Odd started. "Right before I got to Kadic, Jeremie had awakened Aelita."

       The whole story took about fifteen minutes, Odd doing most of the talking with Ulrich and Jeremie filling in bits and pieces. 

      After they finished, Franz said, "I've always wondered how you found my lab." 

      Sam was stund for a moment, trying to take in all of it. "So that's why you disappeared at the skateboard terniment." Sam said, understanding a little. "I had serisly thought there was another girl behind it all."  

     "So you're not mad for me not telling you?" Odd asked, holding Sam's hands.       Sam shook her head as if to clear it and said, "No, not mad, just confused a little. Were you ever going to tell me?" 

      "Yes, I can even tell you that one." Ulrich said.

       "He tryed to get us to tell you while we were still fighting Xana." Yumi said. 

      "But to answer your question, Odd." Franz said, getting back to the first thing asked, "Xana had devitulized me, just as he's done to all of you." 

      "But you weren't anywhere." Jeremie said. "I know because I spent the last days the supercomputer was on looking for you."

       "I was in a limbo." Franz explained, pointily to Jeremie, "The very same one you found yourself in." 

      "How did the supercomputer get turned back on?" Yumi asked, remembering the day they turned it off very plainly.

       "Ah, and that is my surprise to all of you." Franz said, getting up. "Follow me." He handed Karri back to her mother as everyone stood up. They all followed Franz out the back door and to the entrance to the sewers.

       "I was going to ask where this door went to when I first saw the place." Sam said, walking threw the door.

       "It goes down to the sewers." Odd said. "Our way of getting to the factory."

       "Uh, ew?!"

       "Talk to Odd and Jeremie about ew." Ulrich said as he closed the door behind them. "They fell into the sewer one time."

       "Hey, it was eithor that or get stung to death." Odd defended.

       "I don't like bring Karri down here." YUmi said, holding her daughtor closer to her chest.

       "I know what you mean." Aelita said, glancing over to Jeremie who was still holding Mayan in his arms. "Every time I go down here, Xana pops into my mind."

       "I understand, but Mayan will also like this surprise." Franz said.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]