Christmas with the Belpois’ by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
          Jeremie walked down the stairs after Aelita had fallen asleep to hear laughter coming out of the living room. He walked in and saw that everyone was watching a home video of him when he was little. “Who put this in?” he asked as he sat down.

         “Odd did.” Yumi said, smiling. “You were cute as a little kid.”

         “Thanks, I think.” Jeremie said, not at all pleased.

  

        “Come on Jeremie, lighten up.” Odd said. “Aelita will be fine.”

  

        “Ya, well, I think I’ll just go back up there and keep an eye on her.” Jeremie said as he stud up and went over to the stairs. He went up to his room and heard coughing. He opened the door and saw that Aelita was coughing up puke again, this time in the bowl Jeremie had brought.

         Jeremie walked over to her and held up some of the longer hairs so that she wouldn’t get anything on them. When she stopped coughing and puking, Jeremie asked, “Feel better?”

          “A little bit.” Aelita said as Jeremie took the bowl from her lap. “I’m sorry.”

         “For what?”

         “I’m sure you didn’t expect taking care of me during your winter break.” Aelita said.

         “No, I didn’t, but I also didn’t expect half of the things that did happen. Like last night.”

         Aelita smiled as she leaned back onto Jeremie’s pillow.

  

        “Hey, I’ll be back in a minuet.” Jeremie said as he picked up the bowl and tried not to look at it as he carried it into the bathroom.

  

        A moment later, he came back into the room with a clean bowl and placed it back where it had been before. He sat down on the bed and looked at Aelita. “What did Jay do to you?”

  

        Aelita looked away for a moment before starting to remember. “He had dropped his keys. I went over to pick them up and found myself in his truck and that he was ripping the buttons off of my dress while he was kissing me. Then I blacked out for a moment. The next thing I knew was you opening the door and pulling him off of me.”

         “Do you know what caused you to black out?” Jeremie asked as he brushed her hair out of her eyes.

  

        “No idea, it might have been the poison.” Aelita said. Laughter was heard from downstairs. “What’s going on?”

  

        “Oh, they’re watching home videos.” Jeremie said, hoping she would not ask who was the star of the videos.

         “Are they about you?” Aelita asked.

         “Uh, well,” Jeremie said, trying to avoid answering.

         Aelita smiled and said, “They are, aren’t they?”

         Knock

         “Yes?” Jeremie asked as he turned around and saw his father.

         “We were wondering if you two were up to go to the skating rink?” Mr. Belpois asked.

          “I don’t think I can skate, but I wouldn’t mind just watching.” Aelita said as she got up from the bed. She grabbed her head as she started to sway.

         “Are you sure?” Jeremie asked.

  

        Aelita stopped swaying and looked at him, “I’m fine Jeremie, let’s go.”
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]