Christmas with the Belpois’ by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
          “Aelita. Wake up Aelita.” Jeremie’s voice whispered in her ear.

         Aelita opened her eyes to see that she had fallen into Jeremie’s lap while she was asleep. She got up and saw that they were in a small town. “Where are we?”

         “Just down the road from home.” Mr. Belpois said.

          Aelita yawned and stretched, trying to wake up. Jeremie saw that her hair was all to one side and started to brush it right with his hands.

         Aelita looked at him with kind eyes, almost melting him. How did I end up with a girl like you, Aelita? Jeremie thought.

          Aelita looked past Jeremie and saw the two and a half story mountain house they were about to pull into the drive way of. She looked surprised.

         “What is it?” Jeremie asked.

         “I know this place.” Aelita whispered. “Like I’ve been here before.”

         “Probably déjà-vu.” Mr. Belpois said as he turned the car off. "Everybody get's it from time to time."

         Jeremie opened the door and got out. Aelita followed him. Mr. Belpois had gotten out and popped open the trunk so that he could get to Aelita and Jeremie’s bags. Mr. Belpois had grabbed his son’s suitcase and was about to grab Aelita’s bag when Jeremie went over to take it. He grabbed it and the three went into the house to be greeted by smells of good food and a cat.

  

        “Honey, we’re here!” Mr. Belpois called.

  

        Mrs. Belpois came out of the kitchen with an apron on. In one hand was a spoon and in the other was a phone that she had just turned off. She walked into the living room and said, “We’ve been picked to hold the family Christmas party.”

         “Oh great.” Jeremie mumbled.

   

       Mrs. Belpois looked at the pink haired girl and said, “Oh, hello. I’m sorry, who are you?”

         “My name’s Aelita. Mr. Belpois offered to let me spend Christmas break with your family, but if there’s a problem..”

         “No, no problem at all.” Mrs. Belpois said, smiling. “Just one thing, could you share a room with Jeremie? I don’t think you want to spend your vacation with some of our relatives.”

         “Ok.” Aelita said.

         “I’ll show you where my room is.” Jeremie said, grabbing both his stuff as well as Aelita’s.

   

       “Oh, I can take my bag.” Aelita offered as Jeremie started up the stairs.

  

        “No problem, I’ve got it.” Jeremie said as Aelita followed him up the stars in till they got to the top floor. He went into the room to their left and sat down the bags on the bed.

  

        Aelita looked around his room and saw a robot in the corner. It reminded her of C3-PO from Star Wars.

  

        “Have you figured out why you think you’ve seen this place before?” Jeremie asked.

  

        “Yes and no.” Aelita said. “Is there a room with a low ceiling? Like where the ceiling is the wall of the room?”

  

        “Ya, the rooms on the other side of the house are like that.” Jeremie said.

         Aelita walked out of the room and went to the rooms on the other side of the house, above the kitchen. She saw one room that was set up to be a guest room and saw a crack in the wall.

  

        Jeremie came up behind her and saw that she was looking at the crack.

  

        Aelita went over to the crack and followed it down to the floor. Underneath the cracked wall, she started to poke at the floor with her fingers in till she found a board in the wood flooring that wasn’t nailed in. She pulled it up and found a pile of stuff. She found a piece of paper and opened it up. In childish hand writing was “Dear Belpois,” Aelita read out loud. “May name is Aelita Hopper. I lived here in the years of 1984-1992. I am 9 years old and have pink hair. In the pile of stuff is a photo of me if you wish to see me.”

         Jeremie looked threw the stuff and found the photo.

         Aelita looked back at the paper and continued to read, “If you are not a Belpois who is reading this, than you must be the owners of this house after they moved out. They looked like a nice family. It was a family of two. A new couple, I guess. The woman looked like she was pregnant and was about to give birth. I hope everything turned out alright and that the child would be a smart child like his parents. Well, I guess I should close this letter. I hope I get to meet you in real life, but father says that would be unlikely. From Aelita Rose Hopper.”

  

        “It’s funny if you think about it.” Jeremie said, smiling. “My parents sometimes talked about the little girl that had lived in the house before we did. And to find out that she was you.”

         Aelita pulled out the rest of the stuff that was hidden and found an old lunch box. On the front was Mickey Mouse from Disney. Aelita opened it and found a necklace with a heart shaped locket. Aelita opened it and saw two photos. One was of her mother and the other was her father. Attached to it was a note. She opened it and read, “These are my parents. My mother, who died when I was little. My father is with me, but we had to leave here because of his job.”

         Jeremie took the locket and put it around Aelita’s neck.

         “Children!” Mrs. Belpois called up stairs.

         Aelita and Jeremie grabbed the stuff and covered the hole back up. They threw the stuff in Jeremie’s room and went down stairs only to see Patrick Belpois and his mom and dad in the living room.

  

        “Oh, hey Aelita, Jeremie.” Patrick said.

         “Hi Patrick.” Aelita said.

  

        “Hey Patrick.” Jeremie said.

         “What’cha doing here?” Patrick asked Aelita.

         “Jeremie’s dad said I could spend Christmas vacation here.” Aelita explained.

         “Jeremie, Aelita, could you help them get their stuff upstairs?” Jeremie’s mom asked them.

         “Sure.” Aelita said as she grabbed some of the bags.

         As the two walked upstairs with the luggage, Aelita heard Jeremie’s mom say, “I wish I knew why Aelita looked so familiar.”

         “She reminds me of that little girl that used to live here.” Jeremie’s dad said. “I wonder if they’re related?”

         “Who knows.” Patrick’s mom said.  
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]