Blind As A Bat by Kiwi Lee
[Reviews - 0]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

The Accident

            “Jérémie, you sure you don’t wanna work with Odd?” Ulrich asked as everyone tried to find partners for an experiment in Mrs. Hertz’s science class.

 

          “I’ll save you from having to work with Sissi and I don’t mind working alone.” Jérémie said.

 

          “Hey! I’m not bad in science.” Odd said as Ulrich sat back down in his seat next to Odd.

 

          “Alright everyone.” Mrs. Hertz called. “Come and get your equipment.”

 

          Ulrich got up with the rest of the class and got the beakers and test tubes while Odd grabbed the safety goggles.

 

          The two friends sat down and put on the goggles. Odd looked at the paper Mrs. Hertz had given them. Taking off his goggles he said, “I can’t read this thing.”

 

          “Ok, you read, I’ll pour.” Ulrich said.

 

          “Alright. Take beaker one and pour one quarter to the line with the liquid into test tube one.”

 

          “Alright, done.” Ulrich said sitting the beaker down.

 

          “Step 2: beaker two to three quarters to the line.” Odd said.

 

          “Ok, what does it look like now?” Ulrich put the test tube to eye level and saw a little bubbling. “That’s it?”

 

          “I guess…”

 

          BOOOOOMMMM!

 

          “AHH! MY EYES!!!!” Jérémie cried, his hands were over his eyes as a fire started on his desk.

 

          Mrs. Hertz came running with the fire extinguisher as Ulrich and Odd got their friend out of the way.

 

          “Take him to the infirmary!” Mrs. Hertz cried as the class started to run around.

 

          Ulrich and Odd lead Jérémie out of the class room as the fire alarm went off. They got him to the infirmary where they finally got to see the damage his eyes went threw.

 

          “I need you to remove your hands, Jérémie.” Yolanda said in a soft voice.

 

          He did so and Odd stepped back. Glass from his eye glasses had broken off in the explosion and lodged themselves in and around his eyes.

  

        “I’m gonna give you a drug. It should make you groggy. You need to lay down so I can get all the glass out.” Yolanda said getting up to walk to the cabinet. She pulled out a pill bottle and poured out two pills. She put the bottle back in the cabinet and walked over to the sink. She filled up a Dixie cup and gave both to Jérémie. He took the meds.

 

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]