CL Identities: No Rest For the Running Man by Xanadu
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello! Here's chapter two!

DISCLAIMER:I STILL DON'T OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS, THEY'RE ALL PROPERTY OF WHOEVER OWNS CODE LYOKO (I still think moonscope...)

    When he got back into his room something was up. His roommate’s dog, Kiwi, looked up when he came in, but didn’t rush up to him like usual. Instead, the dog was curled up at the foot of his master’s bed. His master, Ulrich’s roommate, was in the midst of what looked like an extremely fitful sleep.
    “Odd?” Ulrich ventured.
    “ULRICH!!” Odd sat strait up, eyes wide. “Ulrich!” he said, panicked.
    “What is it?”
    “You’re going to stub your toe on the side of my bed!”
    “What?”
    “You’re going to stub your toe on the side of my bed,” said Odd, no longer panicked, with his normal mischievous smile.
    “That’s stupid Odd,” said Ulrich, walking over towards Odd’s bed, “How would you – ow!” he stubbed his toe on the bed post of Odd’s metal bed, “precognition, right.”
    “Told you!” said Odd, “It’s been happening all day. This morning I was walking to the shower and had a vision of William slipping on a bar of soap, sure enough when I got in there, SPLAT! William slipped, just I like I saw.”
    “Wow,” said Ulrich
    “Yeah, and the weird thing is it kept happening! After I left the showers, I had a vision of Sissi bumping into me and about five seconds later, she did! By lunch it got so bad that I couldn’t look at anyone without seeing exactly what was about to happen to them. So, I did the only thing I could think of, I came back here to take a nap, trying to clear my head, but I kept having this recurring vision of you stubbing your toe,” he stared off into the distance for a moment, “And now, or actually, in a few seconds, you’re going to trip over my sneakers, fall back onto your bed and hit your head against the wall.”
    “No I’m not…” said Ulrich, who then proceeded to step backwards, trip, fall, and hit his head. “Ow! Stop doing that!”
    “It’s not my fault!”
    “You’ve been seeing things constantly?”
    “Yeah, all day. It’s weird because on Lyoko it almost happened. I think I’ve had maybe six visions in the two years we’ve fought there, and now they’re coming to me so much it’s annoying.”
    “It’s happening to everyone,” said Ulrich, “Yumi almost killed herself by telepathically dropping a rock on herself or something…”
    “Ouch,” said Odd, “So Einstein knows? Did he say what to do?”
    “For now,” said Ulrich, lying down on his bed, “we’re just suppose to learn to control ourselves until he thinks of something to do.” He sighed and said, “which means I can’t go to soccer,” under his breath.
    “Don’t worry,” said Odd, “Things will get better, and I would know!” Odd smiled, but Ulrich paid no attention. The thought of having to explain to his parents why he suddenly couldn’t go to soccer anymore preoccupied him far too much to be cheered up.
                                                           *

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]