CL Identities: No Rest For the Running Man by Xanadu
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter three!! A whole new chapter!

DISCLAIMER: YET AGAIN, I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS, THEY ARE ALL PROPERTY OF WHOEVER OWNS CODE LYOKO

When Ulrich woke up he was alone. Odd had apparently been up to going out to at least the factory, or so said the note left on his bed. The rest of the group was probably down there too, cheering up Jeremie or trying to figure something out. Ulrich really wasn’t in much of a cheering up mood, not that he ever was. He sighed and checked his mobile phone. There were four messages, one from his soccer coach, one from his parents who had no doubt been called by his soccer coach, and two from Jeremie. He opted not to listen to any of them. Instead, he walked down the hallways of the dorms and out the doors to the Kadic Academy campus.
Ulrich had always figured that by going away to boarding school, he wouldn’t have to deal with his parents anymore. With no one around to have to please, he could just be himself, whoever that was. As it turned out, his parent’s were still there. The “checked up” on him more then anyone else’s parents, they had regular “chats” with his teachers and coaches, and they were never pleased.
Ulrich kicked a rock and took a deep breath, holding his emotions inside. It was a practice he had gotten used to over his years at Kadic. He had always thought that showing his frustration with his parents and himself would do nothing. All it would get him was more concerned looks. It was better to just hold it all in and look like he didn’t care, about anything.
His phone rang, suddenly, and when he answered it, all he heard was white noise. “What the-“ he began. There was a rustling in the bushes before he could finish. Sissi and one of her “cronies”, Herb, came stomping out of the bushes on either side of him. Normally, this wouldn’t intimidate him, but this time, it wasn’t actually them.
“Great,” he said, “X.A.N.A,” X.A.N.A, the demonic artificial intelligence bent on world destruction and domination, had the ability to possess humans and objects to do his bidding. His main goal at the moment, was to kill Ulrich and his friends for finding and protecting Lyoko. They were the only one’s that could stop him. X.A.N.A.’s mark, the eye of X.A.N.A., shone in Sissi and Herb’s eyes as they lunged towards Ulrich, zombie-like. He ran, in what he assumed was the blink of an eye, far away from the clearing he was in. When he stopped, he was greeted by Jim the janitor and William Dunbar, both of them under X.A.N.A.’s control. He wanted to run, but as he looked for a clear exit from his situation, he noted that anyway he ran, someone would see him.
X.A.N.A-Jim held his arm out towards a supply shed near the road. Purple electricity surrounded his hand and shot towards the shed. The door swung open and metal gardening pitchfork, surrounded by the same purple electricity, came flying out towards Ulrich.
“Slow,” said a voice, and suddenly the purple electricity became a green glow. It slowed down until it looked like it was floating in mid-air. Ulrich looked behind him and saw Jeremie standing, arm outstretched, with his palm flat as if he was telling the pitchfork to stop. His had glowed the same green color as the pitchfork.
“Jeremie?”
“Grab the pitchfork!” he said. Quickly, Ulrich grabbed the extremely slow moving pitchfork out of the air. X.A.N.A-Jim and William looked momentarily confused, but soon went strait for Jeremie. He held up his hand, which started glowing green, and said, “stop.” Both X.A.N.A.-Jim and X.A.N.A.- William froze.
“Uh…Jeremie,” said Ulrich, “what just happened?”
“Odd told me you were here,” said Jeremie, “he had a vision…again. Anyway, X.A.N.A. is attacking us to try and get us to use our Lyoko powers in front of someone, he’s trying to expose us so we’ll get hauled away for “testing” or something, leaving Lyoko and the world completely defenseless!”
“No, I mean what did you just do?”
“Oh, right. I froze Jim and William in time, and slowed down time around the pitchfork,” Ulrich looked at him confused, “I do have a Lyoko form,” said Jeremie, “you’ve just never seen it. On Lyoko I have chronokinesis, or the ability to manipulate time.”
“What do you look like?”
Let’s not talk about that,” he said quickly, “we need to get to the factory, NOW!”
“Right,” said Ulrich, “I’ll meet you there,” he started to speed towards the factory, but felt himself being slowed down. He looked behind him, and saw Jeremie’s hand glowing.
“No running,” said Jeremie, “someone might see, it’s just what X.A.N.A. wants.”
“Good point,” said Ulrich, “but next time, will you let me know before you slow down time around me…or whatever it is you do…”
“Will do,” said Jeremie, “let’s go.”
*

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]