Raven Virtualization by lyokoman
[Reviews - 4]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

           Over the next few days, Odd, Yumi, and Aelita had classes all day with piles of homework. Although, Aelita always was finished first, followed by Yumi. The two usually had to help Odd on a few math and history questions before he finished.

            Raven, after being in Lyoko, was bored with Kadic and wanted to go back to Jump City with the other Teen Titans. Although, Robin had told her not to return unless she called and he gave her clearense.

           The Titans' villians had recently been breaking out of jail alot lately. Except, whenever Raven would call, her comminicator shut down, like when XANA was around. "He's gone," Raven thought, "We beat him in Lyoko, he's gone now, atleast for a while anyway."

           Raven and the gang hadn't yet realized XANA's latest threat. XANA was alive. A dark silhoutted figure of a man, with the power to transform at will. XANA was like one of his own polymorphic clones, only that he controlled himself.

           Without XANA connected to Lyoko, inside it or in the internet, he couldn't create monsters. He was afraid for a second that the gang would use his absence to enter Carthage, Sector 5. Although, he convinced himself that he would kill them before they would try.

            Raven, on Sunday night, gave Aelita her communicator to see if it was broken. But after tinkering with it, Aelita confirmed it was "perfectly functional and operational".Raven was relieved and worried, what was happening to her communicator.

            The answer was simple. XANA's "body", although corpereal, was electromagnetic. He unintentionally sent out more than a hundred frequencies every hour. Raven's communicator wasn't the only thing malfunctioning.

             Stop lights and phones were immediately disconnected in XANA's arrival. In the next day, a neighborhood power outage struck randomly. Later, cars started to shut down, along with safety measures. Car accidents increased rapidly.

             Many people then started to walk to places. It seemed to have worked until recently. XANA's electric pulse now not only caused outages, but power surges. Telephone wires soon built up so much energy, they blew apart.

             Hundreds of volts were in those wires as they fell. This caused serious damage that led to people hardly even stepping outside. Except, the inside wasn't much better. The surges sometimes could start fires from outlets. It became habit to firefighters to be told of a fire everyday. It was hard with no phones.

             Raven and the others thought this was very strange, but couldn't understand it. It looked like the work of XANA, but there were no towers activated or monsters protecting anything.

             Aelita even triple checked the super scanner to see if XANA bugged it again, but it was fine. Aelita was fed up with this and used Jeremie's search program to find XANA on the internet. She gasped. Yumi and Raven came over to see what was wrong. Odd wasn't there because of homework.

             Aelita told the girls the startling news. "XANA isn't in the internet nor does he have any more connection to Lyoko! He has either been desroyed or freed somehow!" Yumi and Raven couldn't belive their ears.

             Yumi called Odd on his mobile and he was soon running into Jeremie's room. Aelita told him about XANA, and he too couldn't believe his ears. "How?" he asked. But Yumi just shrugged.

             They all soon went to bed to think in the morning. When Raven got to the T-car, where she slept, she had a bad feeling. The moon was shining brightly over the forest in the park. The T-car was across the srteet from it. Raven felt like she was being watched, and she was right.

              Out of the woods a black mist floated toward her and was soon all around her. It then gathered up behind her just as she turned around. The mist turned into a tall man completely dark as if in a shadow, even though the moon was bright on his body.

              "W-who are y-you?" Raven studdered. She never knew anyone made of mist. The man smiled with his mouth openned, which Raven could only tell by a blood red stretch across where the man's face should be.

              "You mean you don't remember?" the man said in a cold voice just above a whisper. "All those hornets and bloks, and my krabs!" he continued. "XANA!" Raven whispered as softly as XANA was.

             He heard her, but before he could do anything, Raven put her arms up. They grew to a purple-black color instantly and XANA was flung back into a stone store wall. "You should stay as smoke, I cant touch you then!" Raven boasted.

             "As you wish." XANA said with another red grin. He dissolved quickly into smoke to Raven's dismay. He immediately flew on to her, choking Raven. Raven looked down to the ground and suddenly began to spin like a black tornado.

             She came out as a black-purple raven shaped bird and flew out of XANA. A powerful blast from the bird changed XANA back to his human shape. The bird then turned into another black tornado and Raven came out and fell to the ground.

             "Well," XANA mocked, "that was powerful magic, but let me showe you what technology can do!" and XANA's black fingers changed into black needles. "First you, then Hopper's daughter, then her friends, and then Jeremie!" XANA said Jeremie with a slight scowl in his tone.

             As XANA walked up to Raven, ready to stab her, something happened. The blue-black robes she wore turned into a pure white. She stood up, her hood fell down when she fell over.

             Raven's short purple hair was long and unruly. Her eyes and mouth were white. The red gem on her head emitted green and not black light. "My father used me and I got this power," Raven said behind a stronger voice, "Malchior the evil dragon tricked me, but taught me powerful magic and spells."

             Raven then put up her hands. Instead of black, her hands glowed green. "Now, XANA, LEAVE ME ALONE!" and Raven shot a powerful and strong bright white blast of magic from her hands. She hit XANA in his chest, making him topple over.

             He was severly hurt and turned into smoke again. Although, instead of going after Raven, who was still shooting at the smoke and hurting XANA, he headed to the forest. Once Raven could no longer see him, she fell to the ground.

             She completely returned to normal and slept next to the T-car on the sidewalk. When she awoke, she saw it was morning and many people walking by were staring at her. Her blue-black robes were ripped and she looked pale.

             Raven immediately flew to Jeremie's dormitory, where she was supposed to meet the others. They all were there, Odd, Yumi, and Aelita, waiting for her. When she came in, she told the three of them about XANA and his powers. Raven remembered everything!

             They all sat facing eachother silently. Odd and Yumi looked horrorstruck at the thought of a living XANA. Aelita looked shook up, as though someone had just robbed her in plain daylight.

            Raven, who already dealed with XANA, was interested in how bad she actually looked. She knew that soon, they had to make a plan. Except, their was one problem, in the real world, Raven was the only warrior with powers to actually fight XANA.

           In XANA's still unknown cave at the park, he was wounded. "I underestimated her," he roared, "and that...magic! I should have hurried and just killed her. But I should go after the children first, then the witch."

          "My attack was sloppy, an error. But next time I shall be more precise. Especially if that witch told the children. I WILL KILL THE WITCH, KILL JEREMIE, THE CHILDREN, AND HOPPER'S DAUGHTER!" and XANA laughed as his right arm changed into a sword as his left turned into an arrow-head spear.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]