He Can Never Have Her by Vchat20
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

We return to the living area at the Hermitage where we see Aelita and Jeemie still sitting at the piano bench, looking to both be sleeping. The rain outside is still pouring even in the morning hours. After a few moments a sound can be heard off into the distance as if someone was coming through the front door.

Aelita is startled awake by the noise. She stands slowly, making sure not to wake Jeremie. She approaches the hallway cautiously, unsure of whom is there.
As Aelita approaches the hallway, Yumi turns the corner as she wrings out her hair.
Aelita jumps back a bit, somewhat startled by Yumi’s sudden appearance. She starts to catch her breath, “Yumi…It’s only you.”
Yumi raises her brow at the girl, “Who’d you think it was?”
Aelita lets out a small sigh, “No one…really.”
Yumi looks around the girl at Jeremie sleeping at the piano in the living area, “I see Jeremie found you ok.”
Aelita nods and looks back to the sleeping boy and frowns a bit before looks back to Yumi again, “Could we talk somewhere in private?”
Yumi responds hesitantly, “Uhm…Sure. Where?”
Aelita heads for the stairs, “How about my room.”
Yumi follows the girl up the stairs…

The next scene is in Aelita’s bedroom at the Hermitage, still in as bad a shape as before. Aelita is sitting on the bed with her knees pulled up to her chin. Yumi is standing against the now closed door.

Aelita speaks up after a few moments of silence, “Yumi…Do you think Jeremie…” her voice trails off.
Yumi looks at the girl curiously, “Do I think Jeremie what?”
Aelita hesitantly responds, “Do you think he really likes me?”
Yumi continues confidently, “Sure he does. Why do you ask?”
Aelita sighs and buries her chin further into her knees, “This nightmare has me really confused I guess.”
Yumi walks over to the girl and lifts her chin up, “Princess…Do you realize why you are here on Earth right now?”
Aelita nods hesitantly at the girl.
Yumi continues, “Do you think Jeremie would have spent so much time on your materialization program if he didn’t care about you?”
Aelita turns to look at the blank wall and responds in a dull tone, “I guess not.”
Yumi turns around and glances at the door. She turns back to look at the girl, “We should probably head back soon. The others are probably worrying about us.”
Aelita hesitates to respond as she stands, “Go on without me. I’m…gonna go to the factory. I think I left something there last night.”
Yumi turns back around as she is about halfway to the door. She raises a brow, “You sure? We could come with you to look.”
Aelita stammers slightly in protest, “I can take care of myself…I’m fine.”
Yumi nods and continues out the door.

As Yumi leaves, Aelita walks over to the open window and stares outside at the pouring rain. After a few minutes she lets out a small sigh and turns towards the door.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]