Cold weather by Kholdstare
[Reviews - 1]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Maybe more chapters will come.

I do not own Code Lyoko or anything of it.

It was seven in the evening when Jacob was in the same spot ever since Jeremie and his friends went off to counter-attack Xana. He yawned as he watched the first star appear in the darkening sky. He had never believed in stuff like wishing, but somehow he felt desperate, even in this situation. Having to spend time with people and being able to do anything about it was frustrating, for he clearly remembered the first time he felt resentment towards the human race.

He saw himself in the third grade...the first two years of his school career had been fine. But the other children, especially the older ones, had been getting cockier and full of themselves. He remembered being beaten up by fifth graders during the fourth grade just because he was a year younger. He tried to fight back, even yell for help, bit it was worthless as they held him down and constantly beat on him. He also remembered when he finally got into fifth grade, his hate for older people had heightened at that point. He witnessed his fellow fifth graders take some money from a third grader, though didn't do anything about it.

He remembered just watching as they did it, being powerless at the time. Though he remembered the one day when he actually did something to prevent being harmed by others. The day he got into the sixth grade, he was twelve and going to his science class. Three eighth graders had cornered him and he remembered going crazy and punching like he had never punched before. He attracted the attention of almost everyone in the school at the time, and was feared from that day forward, even by the teachers.

Jacob looked at the star again, and took a deep breath, " First star I see tonight, I wish I may I wish I might...I wish to get the power I need to eliminate the human race from this Earth...", he smiled to himself, knowing that nothing would happen. He sat there, gazing at the star while the door opened.

Jeremie had returned, only Aelita accompanying him this time, as the others had gone for dinner. Jeremie turned to look at Jacob, "Hi again. Been here all this time?" Jacob looked up at him, "Yeah...nothing to do." Jeremie smiled, " Last time I was here, I never got your name." Jacob looked back at his feet stretched across the bed, "Name's Jacob...Merles." Aelita tapped Jeremie on the shoulder, "I'll be seeing you later Jeremie." Jeremie nodded, and Aelita closed the door as she left. He sat on his bed, " Curfew's in five minutes, it's usually near seven.

Jacob looked up at Jeremie, "Really? Then I'll be going out for abit." Jeremie looked skeptical, "Why? Jim's going to be coming to make sure we're all in our rooms!" Jacob had gotten his black leather jacket on and boots when he said, "I'm not one to obey rules. Especially ones that concern me to be in bed at certain times. I'll just sit outside until the guy picks me up." Jeremie sighed, "Well, okay. Shouldn't take long for him to find you..." Jacob stopped with his hand on the knob, "You don't know how long I can go before being found...."

With that, Jacob went out, down the hall, and outside near the garden shed. He leaned on the back wall of it, and sighed heavily. He looked back up at the very same star he had seen before. He smiled again, "Tch...wishes are just hopes that are shattered. Nothing's going to happen. Not this year...only if the older kids want to start anything..."

Jacob looked at the starry sky for about fifteen minutes when a big man was walking past, he had walked the perimeter of the shed before he noticed Jacob there. Jacob looked at him, "You must be Jim..." Jim looked stunned, he had good reason, as Jacob was clearly hidden in the darkness with his dark clothes, "Hey, you'd better get to your room pronto! Or it's going to be detention!" Jacob rolled his eyes and started walking, "Yeah, allright..." As Jacob walked, accompanied by Jim, he couldn't help but notice the roof of a big building over the treetops of the forest. He looked at it for a few seconds, shrugged, and kept walking on.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]